Week 8, 10/30/2022, Packers v. Bills GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As usual, Josh gets an automatic game ball (not today, I'm revoking it for almost giving the game back to the Pack in the 2nd half), and I pick 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.

Devin "Motor" Singletary - This game would have been much easier if Ken Dorsey had not inexplicably gone away from him again, but Motor produced when called upon.  He iced the game with tough runs on the final drive. 

Stefon "They Call Me Mister" Diggs - Week in and week out, he shows that he is the best WR in the NFL.  So glad he's on our team.

Tim Settle - Early sack set the tone and the tip which resulted in Cookie's INT saved the day.

Matt "Cookie" Milano - Had a very rough game, but made some key stops and snuffed out the Pack with the INT that sealed the win.

WHO YA GOT???

Definitely would add Ed Oliver and Jordan Philips penetrating for us….making plays….

We need great play from our defensive tackles and they looked healthy today. For the first time in since week one really for Ed and Week two for Jordan.

Looks like we fell asleep at halftime - going to have to work on that. Both sides of the ball had an awful second half. The defense was playing the pass which explains how bad they were vs. the run but then they were bad vs. the pass too….

We did win by ten though….

Off tonight, back to work Tuesday….

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billybrew1 said:

Definitely would add Ed Oliver and Jordan Philips penetrating for us….making plays….

We need great play from our defensive tackles and they looked healthy today. For the first time in since week one really for Ed and Week two for Jordan.

Looks like we fell asleep at halftime - going to have to work on that. Both sides of the ball had an awful second half. The defense was playing the pass which explains how bad they were vs. the run but then they were bad vs. the pass too….

We did win by ten though….

Off tonight, back to work Tuesday….

I couldn't go D line after watching Jones go nuts running through the middle of the defense.  Pass rush was largely ineffective in the 2nd half.  Settle got it because the sack and INT were huge turning points in the game.

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Josh was great until he got into the Halloween candy at halftime.

I mean he was still great but you could tell he had some sugar shakes.

He drank too much of his own coolaid and got too used to it being easy out there. When the defense got tougher, he did not respond well. You need to buckle down and play smart when that happens. Check the ball down, throw it away, etc. He was back to not giving up on any play. Give up on a play if there is nothing there.

But he knows. He'll be a surgeon next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Groot is really coming along he should have had 2 sacks today but a penalty erased one I think.

The phantom hands to the face call on Great Dane.  People were quacking about the HTF call against McKittrick later, but at least that guy got his hands on McK's face mask.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah think I’ve got the same. Oliver, Diggs, Milano. Singletary. Hamlin played well all things considered to spice it up a bit. Bass did his job. 

This game will be remembered as more boring than sloppy.

You're right, Bass-o-Matic was responsible for 9 points, so he should have gotten a Game Ball from me.

I have no real clue what we tried to do on offense today after the 1st quarter.  

I have no clue how suddenly we couldn’t stop the run

It overall looked like a team that knew it was winning especially at 24-7 and basically coasted the rest of the way and yea Josh looked like a guy that should not have had to still be throwing and scrambling and running to ice this one away…..GB has a dam good secondary.  Josh didn’t help himself with those 2 decisions but I feel like nothing was in sync after the 1st quarter.  

The fact we couldn’t find a running game to alleviate that and attack their weakness is a problem.

I’d give Diggs a game ball and that’s about it.  Maybe Morse because he’s just awesome to watch.  When Josh got heat it was from RT or LG.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Give up on a play if there is nothing there.

Yeah, he needs to quit making magic when **** goes bad!  We should just wish he would just eat sacks and not try to make something out of nothing like most the other pedestrian QBs.  If only he threw the ball out of bounds scrambling to his left when nothing was there instead of making a play and finding Knox in the endzone.  

Not giving up is what makes him special; and so with that comes some bad at times...and tonight we got some bad decisions - it happens!  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yeah, he needs to quit making magic when **** goes bad!  We should just wish he would just eat sacks and not try to make something out of nothing like most the other pedestrian QBs.  If only he threw the ball out of bounds scrambling to his left when nothing was there instead of making a play and finding Knox in the endzone.  

Not giving up is what makes him special; and so with that comes some bad at times...and tonight we got some bad decisions - it happens!  

Allen is at his best when he is willing to check it down, throw the ball away, and play smart football. He has played that way in the past with tremendous results.

Sorry, but boneheaded interceptions are never permissible. Josh Allen will be the first to tell you that.

He has the ability to play smart football and usually does. That has in no way taken away from his explosiveness or awesome plays. It actually adds to it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.