NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Anyone have the clip of Diggs post TD?  Apparently after the TD he threw the ball at Alexander.  I didn't notice it real time but I know they were going at it all game and wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

I seen a clip of Alexander pushing Diggs helmet in the dirt and the ref pulled him away.  I dont like that Gabe lost his cool but I also get it.  Alexander had extra caricular activities that went uncalled.  Throught I read somewhere he tackled Diggs oob after the TD or something too.

FB_IMG_1667219035385.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Oh we're reworking other things in the game too, pretty sure there were a few plays/penalties that if different would have given us more points as well.

The Bills played a terrible second half and instead of making the other team beat us with the weakest part of their offense, we somehow decided letting them gash our D on the ground was the better option.

Makes zero sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

He called two of his own plays boneheaded and stupid. Which to me sounds like an admission of focus lost on the task at hand.

In the second half, yes.

In the first half Allen was smooth.

Either way, this is not an issue and nothing to be overly concerned about. 

Sometimes players have games like this. It happens.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's my impression Josh got pulled in there with them a bit and tried to force the ball.

My biggest concern is whether Josh actually may have dinged up a shoulder or something in the 1st half and it stiffened during halftime.  He took a couple hard hits.

Josh 1st half: 8 of 11 (72%) for 129 gross yards, 127 net yards; 0 INT, 2 for 2 in red zone

Josh 2nd half: 5 of 14 (36%) for 89 gross and net yards, 0 for 2 in red zone

It's possible GB made a defensive coverage change that gave Josh less time, but he also seemed to be missing throws he would normally hit. 

Yeah, Dude, you can't do that.  If one play is different, then the entire game is different and maybe we make different plays with different results.

We all saw the plays the Bills were making the second half. Can we please stop sugar coating the fact that the Bills played a lousy second half of football and instead of putting them away with our D, we let them gash our D instead of making them beat us with the weakest part of their team, their receivers.

The Packers are a bad football team right now and we made them look better than they are.

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If the OPI is not called (and plays like that are not at least 50% of the time) and Crosby makes that FG, there's no need for an onside kick.  The game would've been tied on the FG.

We were not comfortably ahead and the people here claiming we were, were just like everyone else in that Stadium...it wasn't until Crosby missed that FG, did people breathe a sigh of relief.

People like you breathing sigh of relief.  I was joking at half time and telling everyone all second half long that the game was over at halftime.  I said it at least 4 or 5 times throughout the second half while people like you freaked out.  Just because you get some BBFS over some game from last season doesnt mean everyone does.  You cannot come back from 3 scores running the football and taking 11 minutes to get 3 points.  Simple mathmatics.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Bills played a terrible second half and instead of making the other team beat us with the weakest part of their offense, we somehow decided letting them gash our D on the ground was the better option.

Makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

We all saw the plays the Bills were making the second half. Can we please stop sugar coating the fact that the Bills played a lousy second half of football and instead of putting them away with our D, we let them gash our D instead of making them beat us with the weakest part of their team, their receivers.

The Packers are a bad football team right now and we made them look better than they are.

who cares family guy GIF

We won by 10, have some things to clean up nobodies arguing that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

People like you breathing sigh of relief.  I was joking at half time and telling everyone all second half long that the game was over at halftime.  I said it at least 4 or 5 times throughout the second half while people like you freaked out.  Just because you get some BBFS over some game from last season doesnt mean everyone does.

You go right ahead and be happy with the way they played the second half.  I'm not.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

who cares family guy GIF

We won by 10, have some things to clean up nobodies arguing that.

And it should've been by at least 20, but we decided GBs offense was the Curt Warner Rams and decided we needed to play nickel to stop the passes they weren't doing anyway.

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Makes zero sense.

I wasnt aware that our defense called their offensive plays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You go right ahead and be happy with the way they played the second half.  I'm not.

And it should've been by at least 20, but we decided GBs offense was the Curt Warner Rams and decided we needed to play nickel to stop the passes they weren't doing anyway.

I never said I was happy with the way they played the second half.  In fact I said I wasnt happy about the sloppyness and the two Ints.  Doesnt change that the game was never in question and worrying about them running it down our throats for no points while eating their own clock is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You don't know what you're talking about. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm not "sugar coating" that.  In fact, ironically enough in my post to which you responded, I actually gave Josh's passing statistics 1st half vs 2nd half.

I'm CALLING YOU OUT on your specious game of "what if" ing Packers plays but not Bills plays: "If the OPI is not called (and plays like that are not at least 50% of the time) and Crosby makes that FG, there's no need for an onside kick.  The game would've been tied on the FG."

You can't do that.  Once one play is different, the rest of the game is different

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not "sugar coating" that.  In fact, ironically enough in my post to which you responded, I actually gave Josh's passing statistics 1st half vs 2nd half.

I'm CALLING YOU OUT on your specious game of "what if" ing Packers plays but not Bills plays: "If the OPI is not called (and plays like that are not at least 50% of the time) and Crosby makes that FG, there's no need for an onside kick.  The game would've been tied on the FG."

You can't do that.  Once one play is different, the rest of the game is different

You aren't calling anyone out considering in the postgame, Von even said they didn't play as well as they would've hoped for on the D.

Think the defensive scheme that allowed them to gash the D on the ground had anything to do with that?   Nah, couldn't have been.

You force the other team to beat you.  Not play like you're scared of the weakest part of their offense.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You aren't calling anyone out considering in the postgame, Von even said they didn't play as well as they would've hoped for on the D.

Think the defensive scheme that allowed them to gash the D on the ground had anything to do with that?   Nah, couldn't have been.

You force the other team to beat you.  Not play like you're scared of the weakest part of their offense.

Maybe they just werent scared of their running game?  Kind of likely since no running game is catching them up 3 scores when they take an average of over 5 minutes per drive just to get in field goal range.

44 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

No, I'm specifically calling YOU out on one SPECIFIC POINT: Don't dunk on the Bills game by changing the outcome of specific plays for the opponent as you did up-thread.  If the DPI doesn't overturn the TD, the score would have been closer (it would have been closer by 4 points, not 7 because GB did get a FG on that drive - so the missed FG would still not have tied it as you claimed)

Why is this so hard for you to understand?  Multiple things can be true - the Bills players and coaches can acknowledge that they didn't play as well as they wanted, AND it's inappropriate to fan the flames of a "woe is me! we sucked!" fanario by selectively changing the result of a few plays for the opponent and saying "OMG if that play had been different we would have lost!" - because one can also selectively change a few plays on offense and say "OMG if that play had been different we would have had a bigger lead."   If Dane Jackson doesn't get called for "illegal use of hands" (a penalty that often goes uncalled) letting an 8 yd sack stand, GB has 2nd and 18 from the GB 48 instead of 1st and 10 from the Buf 39, and maybe they don't score a TD on that drive.  If Dawkins isn't called for an offensive hold on 1st and 10 next drive, making it 1st and 20 instead of 2nd and 4, maybe the Bills score a TD instead of a FG.  If Davis isn't called for unnecessary roughness for shoving Alexander after a 1st down conversion making it 1st and 10 from the GB 34 instead of the GB 49, maybe the Bills score a FG instead of punt. 

See how the "What If?" game goes and how silly it is?

I think I'm going to give up trying to make this point because I don't know how I could possibly make it any clearer.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I seen a clip of Alexander pushing Diggs helmet in the dirt and the ref pulled him away.  I dont like that Gabe lost his cool but I also get it.  Alexander had extra caricular activities that went uncalled.  Throught I read somewhere he tackled Diggs oob after the TD or something too.

Pretty sure that was Rasul Douglas who grabbed Diggs as he was rolling to his feet and threw him down again (that should have been called).

Diggs said on one play after the catch, the DB was yanking on his finger (sounds like, trying to injure him).

If LeFleur has "zero tolerance" for certain kinds of play he needs to get control of his team, because it sounds as though they're confusing physical toughness with playing dirty.

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No, I'm specifically calling YOU out on that SPECIFIC POINT.  Don't dunk on the Bills game by changing the outcome of specific plays for the opponent as you did up-thread.  If the DPI doesn't overturn the TD, the score would have been closer (it would have been closer by 4 points, not 7 because GB did get a FG on that drive - so the missed FG would still not have tied it as you claimed)

Why is this so hard for you to understand?  Multiple things can be true - the Bills players and coaches can acknowledge that they didn't play as well as they wanted, AND it's inappropriate to fan the flames of a "woe is me! we sucked!" fanario by selectively changing the result of a few plays for the opponent and saying "OMG if that play had been different we would have lost!" - because one can also selectively change a few plays on offense and say "OMG if that play had been different we would have had a bigger lead."   If Dane Jackson doesn't get called for "illegal use of hands" (a penalty that often goes uncalled) letting an 8 yd sack stand, GB has 2nd and 18 from the GB 48 instead of 1st and 10 from the Buf 39, and maybe they don't score a TD on that drive.  If Dawkins isn't called for an offensive hold on 1st and 10 next drive, making it 1st and 20 instead of 2nd and 4, maybe the Bills score a TD instead of a FG.  If Davis isn't called for unnecessary roughness for shoving Alexander after a 1st down conversion making it 1st and 10 from the GB 34 instead of the GB 49, maybe the Bills score a FG instead of punt. 

See how the "What If?" game goes and how silly it is?

I think I'm going to give up trying to make this point because I don't know how I could possibly make it any clearer.

Pretty sure that was Rasul Douglas who grabbed Diggs as he was rolling to his feet and threw him down again (that should have been called).

Diggs said on one play after the catch, the DB was yanking on his finger (sounds like, trying to injure him).

If LeFleur has "zero tolerance" for certain kinds of play he needs to get control of his team, because it sounds as though they're confusing physical toughness with playing dirty.

Nah, you aren't calling anyone out because anyone with two eyes could plainly see the Bills played a terrible 2nd half of football against a bad team and the Bills failure to adapt to what the offense was doing made what should've been a blowout, barely a 10 pt win.  You wasted a lot of keystrokes there since I stopped reading after you once again think you're calling me out for something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.