NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, 17 points all game.

The Bills. 

They scored 24 points,

In the first half.

PS how many points did the Packers score on their 28 runs? 

ZERO POINT ZERO MR BLUTARSKI!

And the Packers suck so what's your point MR BLUTARSKI?

See how stupid that looks?  🤡

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

And the Packers suck so what's your point MR BLUTARSKI?

See how stupid that looks?  🤡

The logic in these posts are car crashes.  I can't help but gawk. 

Please call Schopp and the Bulldog right now.  I would love to listen to your conversation with them. 

• Haha (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

He's an idiot with a flamethrower.  I admit to listening to him occasionally, but you have to accept that he's going to just spout off asinine things from time to time.

CC is snap shot of info guy. For some reason Turico suggested Diggs started the stuff in the tunnel and stayed with that theme. Even suggesting with no evidence the Bills sideline said something to #7, which seemed not to be the case. Collingsworth said as much. The rant about Bills having SB tattoos already etc.. just odd.

Bills played a poor 2nd half without focus. That is all. Expect McDermy to address this week. Humbling 2nd half should fuel great prep for Jets this week. 
CC really over the top about Bills acting like they have done something. His job  is to get people to listen, doesn’t have to make sense. Because in this case he’s off base. 

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Our run D in terms of yardage given away was abysmal.

Our run D in terms of points given away was pretty good.

What’s the phrase? Bend but don’t get an oil change? Bend but don’t go grocery shopping. Bend and point at the stats? I can’t remember.

12 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Our run D in terms of yardage given away was abysmal.

Our run D in terms of points given away was pretty good.

Trying to only use point scored with the run game, like some people are trying to paint this discussion as, is a very deceiving stat though.

If that was the case, every team the Bills play can say they gave up next to no points running.

The run can setup the pass, so for people simply to claim "but they didn't score points running the ball" is completely disingenuous.

The Bills rarely do either.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I added him to the Ignore list. 

How can you with so much still to know?  I want to understand him. 

I wanna know what he has for breakfast, how he puts his pants on in the morning, how he interacts with others at the grocery store. 

This dude is more confident about the Bills' defensive follies than any topic I have had confidence in my entire life, and it's in the face of literally everyone telling him it's wrong.  It's impressive in a sense. 

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Trying to only use point scored with the run game is a very deceiving stat though.

If that was the case, every team the Bills play can say they gave up next to no points running.

The run can setup the pass, so for people simply to claim "but they didn't score points running the ball" is completely disingenuous.

The Bills rarely do either.

At this stage I honestly think yesterday was just a bad day for missed tackles, for whatever reason. Maybe rustiness off the bye. Prior to it, our run defense has been much better this season. If we repeat that performance in quick succession then maybe it's something  to be concerned about but, for now, it was just one of those games where execution let us down - until it mattered.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

At this stage I honestly think yesterday was just a bad day for missed tackles, for whatever reason. Maybe rustiness off the bye. Prior to it, our run defense has been much better this season. If we repeat that performance in quick succession then maybe it's something  to be concerned about but, for now, it was just one of those games where execution let us down - until it mattered.

I thought with everyone on the D line back healthy, we'd be able to stop that.  Obviously, that wasn't the case.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I thought with everyone on the D line back healthy, we'd be able to stop that.  Obviously, that wasn't the case.

I think we were treating it as a trap. They'd keep running the ball until we switched things up to tighten our D at the line, at which point they'd go over the top. Particularly considering we were leading for the most part, it made no sense risking large chunk plays to try and stop an approach which was doing us a favour in burning the clock with very little gain on the scoreboard.

Remember when KC had that terrible game against Indy this season, lost even, and how that one bad performance exposed them and led to a spiralling string of losses?

No?  Wait.  You mean they learned from it, and bounced right back and are still considered a top five team?

Imagine that...

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I seen a clip of Alexander pushing Diggs helmet in the dirt and the ref pulled him away.  I dont like that Gabe lost his cool but I also get it.  Alexander had extra caricular activities that went uncalled.  Throught I read somewhere he tackled Diggs oob after the TD or something too.

I was REALLY surprised no mention and no penalty were called.  He CLEARLY tackled him hard a second time out of bonds.  That is why Diggs went after him and was being walled off by McKenzie and Davis.  It wasn't even discussed in the game as it was happening.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.