NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

8 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

What they were giving up on the ground, they might as well have been giving up through the air since the yardage gained was pass like yardage.  We knew they were running but the D still couldn't stop it.  That is rigid play calling and shows a lack of ability to adapt to what the offense is doing.

The play calling tonight was questionable on both sides of the ball and the Bills won because they are simple a much better team than GB, but bad execution and play calling kept this game closer than it should've been. This game should've played out how the Pittsburgh game did the second half.

You are trying way too hard.  The Bills admitted they didn't like some things they did in the game, I am sure they will clean it up.  That said, if a team wants to run themselves out of a game, then the Bills seemed to had no issue with not making them try and change their approach.  

GB never threatened us in the game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Not every game is going to be a blowout. The bills won't be great every night. I'll take this win every time.

Get right against the Jets

Bills fans have very short memories!

Do they think the Pats rolled everyone 45-3 every week?

Nooooo. They won many games when they weren’t firing on all cylinders, even Brady, but the superior talent managed to find Ws.

Lots of them!

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If they play like that against the Chiefs, they will lose.  That's just a plain and simple fact.

What happens if the Chiefs play even worse? 

My goodness watch the season of any Super Bowl winner in the 21st century and you will find that in multiple games they played worse then the Bill's played last night. 

Two observations from last night Re second half:

1) offensive woes in the second half were due to decision making. We could have had 8-yard Singletary dump-offs all game. Instead, we forced too much— which I believe could have been due to trying to stick it to the GB DB’s.

2) I would like to go back and look at the film, but I suspect the Run D issues was a combination of several things: losing at point of attack on line, gap issues, poor tackling, and some soon good hard running by Packers. I believe there are a lot of correctible things there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Or with more valuable playing experience our young safeties will improve.  Or we'll trade for one. I don't know. We've already played and beaten the best the AFC has to offer pretty much. 

Agree but playoffs are different

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen had a really bad second half. 

Definitely very un-Josh like this season.  On the INTs it almost seemed like he wanted to run, but hesitated and decided he'd better not and then threw a bad ball.  

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Two observations from last night Re second half:

1) offensive woes in the second half were due to decision making. We could have had 8-yard Singletary dump-offs all game. Instead, we forced too much— which I believe could have been due to trying to stick it to the GB DB’s.

2) I would like to go back and look at the film, but I suspect the Run D issues was a combination of several things: losing at point of attack on line, gap issues, poor tackling, and some soon good hard running by Packers. I believe there are a lot of correctible things there. 

It seemed as though the line was in constant pass rush mode even though the formations GB were in still said run.  Linemen were taking themselves out of their gap assignments trying to get upfield and that made opening holes easy for the GB line and RBs.  Happened repeatedly in the 2nd half.

I thought Motor and Cook looked fantastic.  We should've been feeding them all night long.

Edited by Billz4ever

Great teams win when they don't play well. Just for some perspective, the 2007 Patriots (16-0 regular season) beat the A.J. Feeley led Eagles at home 31-28. That Eagles team finished 8-8. In 2006, the Colts  beat the Winless Vince Young Titans 14-13 in the RCA Dome. The Colts were 18.5 point favorites in that game. I could keep doing this, not to mention the losses that great teams have every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Definitely very un-Josh like this season.  On the INTs it almost seemed like he wanted to run, but hesitated and decided he'd better not and then threw a bad ball.  

It seemed as though the line was in constant pass rush mode even though the formations GB were in still said run.  Linemen were taking themselves out of their gap assignments trying to get upfield and that made opening holes easy for the GB line and RBs.  Happened repeatedly in the 2nd half.

I thought Motor and Cook looked fantastic.  We should've been feeding them all night long.

That was absolutely the case on the first INT. The coaches must have told him at halftime not to run. I hate it when they do that, because it just messes his game up because it takes him out of dog mode. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Great teams win when they don't play well. Just for some perspective, the 2007 Patriots (16-0 regular season) beat the A.J. Feeley led Eagles at home 31-28. That Eagles team finished 8-8. In 2006, the Colts  beat the Winless Vince Young Titans 14-13 in the RCA Dome. The Colts were 18.5 point favorites in that game. I could keep doing this, not to mention the losses that great teams have every year.

The Super Bowl winner Bucs of 2020 lost to the Bears and also by 35 to the Saints.

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

That was absolutely the case on the first INT. The coaches must have told him at halftime not to run. I hate it when they do that, because it just messes his game up because it takes him out of dog mode. 

Yep, let Josh be Josh and do what he does.  Indecisiveness there is what got him and it ended badly.  The run was there and he knew it was.

Was it just me or did the wings being shaken around in sauce coming out of fryer shot never happen on the national broadcast last night?? What an oversight for the frazzled production staff flying in from who knows where to cover the game—maybe they spent too much time prepping the cliche Niagara Falls cutaway or substituted the table smash sequence? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

Definitely a rough outing for the offense from what we’re are used to.  Allen was a bit off.  Was he forcing?  Was it the play calls?  I think it was a little of both.  

Had a week off after a big game against KC. Maybe they took the packers a little lightly? End all is good teams win.  We won.

Couple of close ones against the chiefs and packers, happens to all teams throughout a season.  Need the jets game to be a fix it game and get on track for the remainder of the season.  

Edited by davefan66

10 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Definitely a rough outing for the offense from what we’re are used to.  Allen was a bit off.  Was he forcing?  Was it the play calls?  I think it was a little of both.  

Had a week off after a big game against KC. Maybe they took the packers a little lightly? End all is good teams win.  We won.

Couple of close ones against the chiefs and packers, happens to all teams throughout a season.  Need the jets game to be a fix it game and get on track for the remainder of the season.  

The one where he just flat out missed kumerow... yeesh.  It would've come back on a penalty anyway, but sailing it forced the punt. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.