NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

People in the game thread are usually crazy so there is that.  Allen had a rough 2nd half - it happens.  And when you talk about regular season "2021" are you talking about Allen's games against Washington, TN, Houston, KC, NE, NO, NYJ and others?

This game reminded me of the Tampa Bay game last year but the half's were reversed.  In last years game Allen was off in the 1st half but tore it up in the 2nd half. Tonight Allen tore it up in the first half and was off in the 2nd half.

More like Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Indianapolis and New England (OK, wind game).

You are right with the second point. Guess it always feels better if the poor performance comes first then improvement follows and that's the memory, rather than good to start with before fading.

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Yeah we definitely didn’t play a great game. Somewhat disappointing. But Aaron Rodgers got his first ever loss in prime time. Wish we would have covered but still happy. Let’s move on and destroy the Jets 

Post bye week victory that was similar to the last 2 years...they are back to their normal routine now for the rest of the year. Let's ride.

• Agree 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well that and they are playing the easiest schedule in football. Flip the two schedules and the Eagles ain’t undefeated but the Bills would be

All true, and that is the extent of the thinking I will do on the Eagles until at least February. Perhaps longer. 

Just now, Realist said:

Personally, I think Josh got caught up in the physicality and all of the jawing going on and wanted to bury them with a knockout blow. Because of that he got sloppy.

I think a lot of our guys got caught up in the jawing... the GB secondary was definitely playing that game.

• Agree 2

Just now, DapperCam said:

Actually the Bills were in the process of steamrolling them and completely lost focus (especially on O). I don’t think GB playing for pride had a lot to do with it.

Kind of agree, but Green Bay was getting a lot of pressure on Allen.  Made him uncomfortable and since game was still at hand, Allen was more reluctant to run.  He could’ve had a ton of yards running in 2nd half but smartly didn’t take the bait.  We still won by 10.  

From an outside perspective, it looks like Rodgers is begrudgingly playing football for this coach. He doesn’t like the philosophy or play calling but he feels trapped. Like a co-worker who says “Just doing my job” when they’re clearly being too rigid in what’s being asked of them out of spite. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.