Good sports bar in Cozumel?

ArdmoreRyno

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've been 1000 miles away for 17 years. You tell me! :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, teef said:

let's just let it remain a mystery.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/amherst-investor-buys-former-cozumel-restaurant-building-now-home-to-teton-kitchen/article_bfd5312f-937b-522b-8118-048a88d0e704.html

It is now the Teton Kitchen.

From Oct. 2018 ...

Sinatra & Company Real Estate has sold the former home of Cozumel Grill on Elmwood Avenue – now an Asian restaurant – to an Amherst investor.

Lakhi Singh, through Gilzian LLC, paid $839,488 to buy the 3,788-square-foot building at 153 Elmwood, at the corner of Allen Street. The two-story building – which Sinatra has owned for years – includes a 3,100-square-foot bar, restaurant and outdoor patio on the ground level, plus a 688-square-foot office upstairs.

The restaurant space was occupied by Cozumel Grill and then Pasión Latin Cuisine until early 2018. It's now home to the second location of Teton Kitchen Thai & Japanese Cuisine, which first opened in 2013 in Depew.

39 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

100%

How so? I asked about a suggestion on a Sports Bar. All that was there last time I went was "Carlos and Charlies"... which isn't even around anymore. Cozumel is about as expensive as going to Jacksonville, Florida. I didn't go to New Zealand to dive. You can fly from DFW to there for $400/person and get a room/dive package for $150/night. 

Sorry I asked for help so I could watch our Bills play 🙄 Just make sure anytime someone asks where the a Bills Backer bar is in the city they are traveling too... reply with the "Someone wants to say they are traveling somewhere". 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/amherst-investor-buys-former-cozumel-restaurant-building-now-home-to-teton-kitchen/article_bfd5312f-937b-522b-8118-048a88d0e704.html

It is now the Teton Kitchen.

From Oct. 2018 ...

Sinatra & Company Real Estate has sold the former home of Cozumel Grill on Elmwood Avenue – now an Asian restaurant – to an Amherst investor.

Lakhi Singh, through Gilzian LLC, paid $839,488 to buy the 3,788-square-foot building at 153 Elmwood, at the corner of Allen Street. The two-story building – which Sinatra has owned for years – includes a 3,100-square-foot bar, restaurant and outdoor patio on the ground level, plus a 688-square-foot office upstairs.

The restaurant space was occupied by Cozumel Grill and then Pasión Latin Cuisine until early 2018. It's now home to the second location of Teton Kitchen Thai & Japanese Cuisine, which first opened in 2013 in Depew.

i'll never forgive you for this...

10 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

We went to "No Name Bar" which was GREAT. Food wasn't spectacular, but a solid 7 out of 10. Lots of alcohol choices. 

But they had a dozen TV with NFL Sunday Ticket and even had the announcers over the speaker system instead of it being muted. If I end up back there during season in the future, I'll def. go there again. They even had Bills stuff on the wall, but they let me add my own sticker and Oklahoma State sticker :)

(My dad and I, he's 71 and is as active as a 30 year old... looks more like he's 50!)

1c.jpg

2c.jpg

Yes, because NO ONE answered in the "Off the Wall" forum. Not sure anyone ever goes on there. 

Glad you had fun. And your dad does look great for his age.

I can't understand why anyone would get upset at you asking the board for a Bills bar rec. This seems to be the perfect place for that question. And I know Off the Wall doesn't get enough action, especially if you are in a bit of a hurry for the info. The Bills Bar website always seems to be woefully out of date. Still worth checking out IMO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

It's one of the most popular destinations in Mexico for Americans to visit, especially divers. So I figured many here have been. If I was going to Saint Kitts, I wouldn't have bothered to ask. 

We actually watched the Super Bowl there last year. Awesome diving, truly and a cool, safe island with great food.

Really cool seeing you get to spend time with your Dad!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

How so? I asked about a suggestion on a Sports Bar. All that was there last time I went was "Carlos and Charlies"... which isn't even around anymore. Cozumel is about as expensive as going to Jacksonville, Florida. I didn't go to New Zealand to dive. You can fly from DFW to there for $400/person and get a room/dive package for $150/night. 

Sorry I asked for help so I could watch our Bills play 🙄 Just make sure anytime someone asks where the a Bills Backer bar is in the city they are traveling too... reply with the "Someone wants to say they are traveling somewhere". 

Yikes, and I was going to seriously start a thread asking about best bar in Phoenix area to watch a Bills game when I'm there next month, lol! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Dean said:

Glad you had fun. And your dad does look great for his age.

I can't understand why anyone would get upset at you asking the board for a Bills bar rec. This seems to be the perfect place for that question. And I know Off the Wall doesn't get enough action, especially if you are in a bit of a hurry for the info. The Bills Bar website always seems to be woefully out of date. Still worth checking out IMO.

❤️ Thanks brother! He's 71-years old...semi-retired dentist and full time saint. He really deserves the very best. My mom became a quadriplegic seven years ago after a self inflected injury. He spent every day the seven years since taking care of her, being by her side and making sure she had in home care 24-7. Then 4 years ago, I lost my little sister in a car accident (she was 40). My mom passed away last year, so he's (we've) had so much heartbreak in his life. I'm now I'm trying to get him to do all the things he put on hold for so long. First thing we did together was go to our first Bills game in Buffalo back in Oct. of 2021. He's making plans to go to the South Pacific, then maybe Africa. This was our first dive trip in forever. 

But yea, in no way was I trying to 'show off' about going to Mexico. I legit wanted some guidance and the OTW page, no one chimed in. 

11 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Glad it worked out OP, and extra special to be able to share some R & R time with your Pops—hope he’s a Bills fan too! 👍🏻

He is.. he roots for them because of me. He's more of a college fan (we are Oklahoma State alum), so not a die hard Bills fan like I am. But it worked out and had a great time!

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

❤️ Thanks brother! He's 71-years old...semi-retired dentist and full time saint. He really deserves the very best. My mom became a quadriplegic seven years ago after a self inflected injury. He spent every day the seven years since taking care of her, being by her side and making sure she had in home care 24-7. Then 4 years ago, I lost my little sister in a car accident (she was 40). My mom passed away last year, so he's (we've) had so much heartbreak in his life. I'm now I'm trying to get him to do all the things he put on hold for so long. First thing we did together was go to our first Bills game in Buffalo back in Oct. of 2021. He's making plans to go to the South Pacific, then maybe Africa. This was our first dive trip in forever. 

But yea, in no way was I trying to 'show off' about going to Mexico. I legit wanted some guidance and the OTW page, no one chimed in. 

He is.. he roots for them because of me. He's more of a college fan (we are Oklahoma State alum), so not a die hard Bills fan like I am. But it worked out and had a great time!

Wow, you both have certainly had a rough go these past few years. I hope now you both can enjoy every day of life for a long time!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Nice humble brag.

Dude, just stop. I'm not bragging. Holy chit. Go back and read the replies.... for some reason there are a 2-3 of you who think I was bragging instead of asking for help from fellow fans. The rest think your type of reply is unwarranted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 10/30/2022 at 8:58 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Try this link. Www.Google.com

But they won’t be able to get their humble brag in! That’s awesome though. Check out the local strip club. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Dude, just stop. I'm not bragging. Holy chit. Go back and read the replies.... for some reason there are a 2-3 of you who think I was bragging instead of asking for help from fellow fans. The rest think your type of reply is unwarranted. 

If you’re there, watch the game on your phone. Will be hard to have a bad time. Have a great trip. 

8 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

blah blah blah Cozumel blah blah blah

36 minutes ago, Beerball said:

blah blah blah Cozumel blah blah blah

😂

Seriously? I thought you were just having a bit of fun, but now I'm not so sure. If you are, it might be time to let him off the hook as he doesn't get the joke.

But if you are actually being serious, why the attitude?  Sheesh give the guy a break.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.