NFL Week 8: Around the NFL - Post about Sunday games not including the Bills - open at 8:36 AM

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I think that is legal. It's the NFL's way of telling hippies to cut their hair...

I guess I get the hair not necessarily being illegal, but if you're not allowed to pull them down by the jersey or shoulder pads from behind like that I don't see why you'd be allowed to do it with hair.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I guess I get the hair not necessarily being illegal, but if you're not allowed to pull them down by the jersey or shoulder pads from behind like that I don't see why you'd be allowed to do it with hair.

You are allowed to pull a runner down by the jersey, but not the collar of the jersey. And by the rules, the hair counts as the jersey. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I'm guessing that the jersey and shoulder pads are necessary parts of the uniform, whereas wearing hair like that outside the helmet is the choice of the player.  Wear it out at your own risk.  You will get no consideration for panalties.

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

You are allowed to pull a runner down by the jersey, but not the collar of the jersey. And by the rules, the hair counts as the jersey. 

I didn't realize this.  My thought is therefore incorrect.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Horsecollar is only nameplate and above.  People would have their hair going to their butts so the jersey couldnt be grabbed at all.  Also why is it legal to horsecollar a QB in the pocket?  

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not making that tackle on me..😀

Bbc Barbershop GIF by Stellify Media

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Officiating Dean Blandino said in a video distributed to the media today that the officials made the right decision by not calling a penalty.

“The issue is whether he grabs inside the collar or the shoulder pad, grabs the jersey at the name plate or above, or grabs the hair,” Blandino said. “You could see the player actually grabs the hair, not the back of the jersey at the nameplate and not inside the collar. Grabbing the hair and pulling the runner toward the ground is legal.”

Players who choose to wear their hair long enough that it hangs out the backs of their helmets need to beware: That hair is fair game for any opponent who wants to pull it.

Just got back from the Jags Broncos game. That was such a poor quality game. Russ managed to pull out a couple of decent passes but wow, so bad.

And the fans just didn't make noise when the Jags were defending. Seemed like more Broncos fans there, but mainly people like myself who had no dog in the fight. Which made for a pretty poor atmosphere. And Wembley is pants.

Patriots* look like a trash team. Totally bogus roughing the passer call on what should have been a pick six. You could see Selah on the sideline yelling "one step!" at the refs. Odd to think the if we somehow lose to the Packers, the Jets would be first in the division. What a mess they've created in NE.

52 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Who

Defensive end on the Jets. Made the play forcing the Jones pick. Was an UDFA out of Memphis who definitely should have been drafted. No idea why he didn't get more attention in the draft process. He is a rotational guy rather than a starter but the boy can play.

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Patriots* look like a trash team. Totally bogus roughing the passer call on what should have been a pick six. You could see Selah on the sideline yelling "one step!" at the refs. Odd to think the if we somehow lose to the Packers, the Jets would be first in the division. What a mess they've created in NE.

That was definitely a penalty for RTP. We'd have wanted it if it was Josh.

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

Tua looks great.  Could be a fun rivalry going forward.

I mean he is throwing to dudes wide open...like wide wide open. Wider open than Bills versus Steelers. Allen could break the passing yards record on Thanksgiving.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.