NFL Week 8: 10/30/22 GAMEDAY BIlls vs Packers Pregame Thread 🎃

Chandler#81

The Green Bay Packers are 0-6 at Buffalo All time? 

PFFFFT!🤨

An odd anomaly, Nothing more. Hell, we’ve won 13 of the last 18 games vs the Jets and that’s just from 2013. Unfortunately for FOX Sports, NBC and much of the national media coverage, this once marquee, Must See game has been reduced to side-schtick, playing on the once-proud dominance perceived between the old NFL vs AFL prior to the merger 53 years ago. As a child of the 60’s, the Packers were the pre-eminent pro football team. I watched them in awe every time they were on the B&W tube in the living room. Bart Starr was my favorite player prior to Namath, as the decade ended. Hornung & Taylor, Fuzzy, Kramer & Ringo and a Defense anchored by the ferocious Ray Nitschke. I fergit their coach’s name though… 🤔 Although Starr played til ‘73, we never had the chance to see him play the Bills. There were only a couple Farve games (w/GB) and only 3 vs Rodgers so far, us winning 2.

Why this forced narrative? Because the perennial playoff Packers are struggling mightily across the board this season, while the Bills are … not.

Battling through crippling early season injuries, the Bye week helped significantly in healing the Bills. There’s still 11 reg.season games ahead, but even playing 1 less game than most of the League, we are at or atop every significant team category -notably by virtue of Von Miller and the guy who likely wrests the League MVP stranglehold from Rodgers tonight, one Joshua Patrick Allen.

Our sensational Unicorn QB is playing the best football of his short career and that’s REALLY saying something! Most of us knew it in his rookie season though many still doubted aloud after his sophomore season, but NOBODY has doubts anymore. 

He IS the Face of the NFL! It’s pinnacle time! 👑 

Surreal attention is being paid to our team, yet it comes with ever-increasing concern for an unforeseen catastrophe -which appears to be the only thing that could derail our locomotive.

BBFS much?😳😲

All I know is the Bills are making me rethink my religious views. If kneeling in reverence to higher being is all thats required to shed a blanket of safety over our teams’ health, then allow me the luxury of going evil berserk on All Hallows’ Eve-Eve! We’re STARVED to see our team playing a Home game -especially on a gorgeous Halloween Night! 👻💀👹🎃This alone makes it Must See TV!

I’ll be on my knees fasting, from Tuesday through the Super Bowl. 🙏

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The Packers have won 13 straight prime time games. In his last 18 prime time games, Rodgers has 45 TD’s and only 4 INT’s.

The a Packers have not scored more than 20 points in any of their trips to Orchard Park. (0-6 record) Surprisingly, the Bills haven’t scored 30 or better in any of those 6 games.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/26/primetime-packers-looking-for-first-ever-win-in-buffalo/

• BuffaloBill changed the title to NFL Week 8: 10/30/22 GAMEDAY BIlls vs Packers Pregame Thread 🎃

Happy Game Day TBD! I hope you have a wonderful fall day that is topped off with a Bills boot stomping of the Cheese-heads and their wacko QB.

It's a late game, so get out and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Go visit your aging parents or grandparents--make them feel special by giving them your time. Go for a walk with your significant other--give them your full attention for a few hours--they'll love you even more for that time. And then settle down to your real true first-love and watch the Bills show their stuff on yet another prime-time stage.

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills have outscored their opponents 79-10 in their 2 home games this year. That's with Josh sitting out both 4th quarters and part of a 3rd quarter. It's been total domination having outscored their opponents in all 4 quarters. They've been doing most of their damage in the 2nd & 3rd quarters. Combined they've scored 55 while giving up 0 points in those 2 games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are like zero compelling games today before ours. 

Pats Jets? Cmon. I live an hour from MetLife and these fans are starting to creep out of the woodwork here. I’m seeing the dust covered Laverneus Coles jerseys back out….if that team gets to 6-2 my next week will become insufferable. As much as it pains me to say, I need the pats to blast the ***** out of that team today. We play the Jets next week and I can’t be there listening to these #######s if they are 6-2. Then god forbid they somehow beat us… That game is compelling 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Pats Jets? Cmon. I live an hour from MetLife and these fans are starting to creep out of the woodwork here. I’m seeing the dust covered Laverneus Coles jerseys back out….if that team gets to 6-2 my next week will become insufferable. As much as it pains me to say, I need the pats to blast the ***** out of that team today. We play the Jets next week and I can’t be there listening to these #######s if they are 6-2. Then god forbid they somehow beat us… That game is compelling 

I agree!  I posted this in another thread-

Quinnen Williams is a monster.  Pats Oline is trash.  G David Andrews has a concussion, and probably won't play.  Wynn is a turnstile.  Trent Brown had 4 penalties last week.  And rookie Strange had a horrible game.  Jets remember Pats running up the score on them last year.  Jets have lost 12 in a row to Pats.  The Jets hit puberty, and now are ready to bloody their bully, thats been beating the crap out of them the last couple decades.......I think Jets win convincingly, make a statement, and have some momentum- 6-2 Jets hosting 7-1 Bills-- winner of that game first place AFC east. Jets arrow is up.  Pats arrow is down.  Jets have a few star players.  Pats have zero

Take a few chugs of NYQUIL and go back to bed. 
Pats Jets are at best also rans. Would I like to see NE* win? Sure! Create some breathing space. 
Too many holes in both teams again this year. Sure, the Jets are playing better. They couldn’t play worse for years now.

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Edited by Chandler#81