Bills Mafia piece on The Today Show this morning.

Draconator

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

Where did the bills mafia name originate?  I thought a group of fans had called themselves that for years, but I may be confusing that with the Bills Army group

Watch the video, contains an interview with Del Reid and original spat on Twitter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m curious what the average non-Twitter opinion of Del Reid is. 

My wife who isn't on Twitter is in the CORE program through UB for business owners. Del came in to talk to the class. He was very well received, gave a ton of business knowledge to the class. My wife went up to introduce herself to him and thought him to be super pleasant.

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Two things:

Around 4:10, he's talking about going to a game if you're from out of town and not being able to find a hotel room within 60 miles. I know some of the out-of-towners on TBD go to games and stay nearby. How difficult is it to find a room?

Shortly after, he mentions philanthropy, but the only dollar figure he gives is $20k. Is he not aware of Oishei"s or Andy Dalton's foundation? Just those two combined amounted to over $2M, didn't they?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I’m curious what the average non-Twitter opinion of Del Reid is. 

Any dude that starts a company and donates over $1.5 million in proceeds to charity is OK in my book.

He could have chosen to keep that money for himself.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Any dude that starts a company and donates over $1.5 million in proceeds to charity is OK in my book.

He could have chosen to keep that money for himself.

Some people call that a marketing gimmick. I have a hard time calling it a gimmick since it does help charity. But I can also see what they’re saying - he uses it as a selling point to sell his shirts and it’s possible his company is no where near what it is now if not for the donation marketing.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

What do you think it is

I’m not sure. It seems kinda split on Twitter, but more positive than negative. I’ve seen people question his reason behind the good things he does (ulterior motive kind of thing) and i’ve seen people be upset at him seeing himself as the father of BillsMafia. But i’ve also seen just as much (and more) defend him.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

and whats your opinion of Del?

I have nothing against him. In fact, my Twitter account that gives away free Bills tickets was inspired by his donations. I mention him in the Twitter bio.

Edited by Einstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.