Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

20 minutes ago, cle23 said:

You are right, I have not.  But the cartel doesn't go door to door and force you to take them.  The medical community has pushed opioids for years and then it caught up to us.  I had major ear surgery at 15, and the doctor refused to let me leave without Oxycodone  Obviously there are other ways to help reduce use, but the main thing is to lessen the demand for the use.  If there are huge numbers of buyers as there are now, the drugs will find their way here.

Let me ask you a question.  If we cleaned up our prescription drug mess do you think the the Cartel will say “oh well. Might as well sell Tupperware now guys!”  

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

I agree that it would be wrong to blame Trump for CAUSING the virus.  I do think he mishandled it once more information was known, but who knows how each President would have handled it.  I also think his personality and constant blame game and administration issues were the cause of him losing the election, with the handling of the virus a part of that.

I am not a Biden fan.  Gun to my head, if I had to pick between he and Trump, I would probably pick Biden, but I did not vote for either in the past election because I did not feel either was worthy of the office.  

The media made it sound like Trump was mishandling the pandemic in order to damage him and help Joke win the election.  But with more deaths under Joke in the same period of time as under Trump, despite being handed a vaccine and treatments, that was thoroughly debunked.  So what did Joke do?  Blame the unvaccinated.  The hypocrisy being that everyone was unvaccinated under Trump.  But did you hear the media taking Joke to task for not even coming close to "shutting down the virus" and not taking any responsibility, like they vilified Trump over?  Nope.

And after 2 years of this Admin, I can't see how anyone would pick Joke over Trump.  Joke is nothing close to being what he was sold as (adult in the room, coherent, and uniter) and his policies have absolutely made inflation worse.  Then there is Afghanistan, the Southern border, rising crime and kow-towing to the fringe elements of his party. 

Now that being said, I hope DeSantis defeats Trump.  Trump had his time.

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agree… She’s a garbage human being but mocking her husbands attack is poor form, no matter how corrupt and vile they have been. 

Poor form.  On this board. Where people are subjected to all sorts of nastiness on a daily basis.  

Best wishes to Mr. Pelosi on his continued recovery, best wishes to Miguel Almaguer on his career, but on a scale of 1-100 that sort of dark humor is a 4 imo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Poor form.  On this board. Where people are subjected to all sorts of nastiness on a daily basis.  

Best wishes to Mr. Pelosi on his continued recovery, best wishes to Miguel Almaguer on his career, but on a scale of 1-100 that sort of dark humor is a 4 imo. 

Well, when someone that I respect thinks so, I have to reconsider my post.

I was thinking more of Nancy than Paul and I am sorry now that I posted it.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Let me ask you a question.  If we cleaned up our prescription drug mess do you think the the Cartel will say “oh well. Might as well sell Tupperware now guys!”  

No, but again, the cartels aren't just showing up and forcing people to take their drugs.  The demand is here, and it started mostly because of prescriptions.  Now it has exploded well past just prescriptions at this point, but that is how it started.  

The cartels sell opioids because that is what the demand is there for, and therefore the money and power that comes with it.  In the 80's the cartels sold mostly cocaine.  Now, there is still a demand for that, but now it has shifted in favor of opioids because that is where the demand is.  I am by no means an expert, but my understanding is that opioids are easier and cheaper to make as well.

7 minutes ago, cle23 said:

No, but again, the cartels aren't just showing up and forcing people to take their drugs.  The demand is here, and it started mostly because of prescriptions.  Now it has exploded well past just prescriptions at this point, but that is how it started.  

The cartels sell opioids because that is what the demand is there for, and therefore the money and power that comes with it.  In the 80's the cartels sold mostly cocaine.  Now, there is still a demand for that, but now it has shifted in favor of opioids because that is where the demand is.  I am by no means an expert, but my understanding is that opioids are easier and cheaper to make as well.

But to think we don’t need to cut the supply is not looking at the whole picture.  This is the same argument I made when people said “the best way to put the cartel out of business is to legalize marijuana.”   The demand will always be there.  Look at the amount of fentanyl that has been crossing our southern border. 

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But to think we don’t need to cut the supply is not looking at the whole picture.  This is the same argument I made when people said “the best way to put the cartel out of business is to legalize marijuana.”   The demand will always be there.  Look at the amount of fentanyl that has been crossing our southern border. 

I agree cutting the supply would help, but how do we do that?  Work at the border could help, but the cartels are multibillion dollar corporations at this point, and they will find other ways in.  Not to say you don't try, but they ship via shipping containers, ports, plane, boat, and tons of other ways.  Hell, Chinese fentanyl sellers are mailing drugs using the USPS.  

20 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I agree cutting the supply would help, but how do we do that?  Work at the border could help, but the cartels are multibillion dollar corporations at this point, and they will find other ways in.  Not to say you don't try, but they ship via shipping containers, ports, plane, boat, and tons of other ways.  Hell, Chinese fentanyl sellers are mailing drugs using the USPS.  

Step one. Get the border under control.  
Step two. Help the Mexican government get their ***** together.  
Step three.  Work with China to help them get their ***** together. 

We have a major mental health issue in this country.  That needs a LOT of attention.  

We will always have a substance abuse problem here.  But we can work to make it less of a problem.  So far it appears we’ve done nothing. 

Why Did the DOJ Lie About the Paul Pelosi Attack?

The attack on Paul Pelosi, outgoing Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s husband, has largely receded into the background of the news cycle. Weeks before the 2022 mid-terms, though, it burst into the national consciousness and was quickly presented as another marker of just how dangerous “right-wing extremism” is.

It didn’t matter that the attacker was a protester who lived in a leftwing commune adorned with Black Lives Matter and LGBT effects. The fact that he had allegedly dabbled in some alt-right materials online was enough to hang him on Republicans and Republicans alone. Of course, the truth is often more boring than partisan fever dreams, and the likeliest explanation for the man’s behavior remains that he was taking highly dangerous psychedelic drugs that produced an ideologically incoherent mental break.

Never let a crisis go to waste, though, right? And while former Obama flunky Rahm Emmanuel may have coined the phrase, it has apparently been adopted by the DOJ.

As  reported, AG Merrick Garland’s outfit apparently lied about the circumstances of the attack. That denial even led to an NBC News reporter being suspended for what now appears to have been a truthful report.

The attack on Paul Pelosi, the spouse of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in the San Francisco home owned by the couple, continues to be vexing for the press – and now it’s vexing for the DOJ, too, as a source close to the investigation, who has viewed SFPD bodycam footage, confirmed to NBC’s San Francisco affiliate that Paul Pelosi indeed opened the door for police when they arrived at the scene…

…The perplexing detail in this was when a report emerged from NBC News, as field reporter Miguel Almaguer gave details from a source that suggested Paul Pelosi had been the one to answer the door and bring in the police that evening, and that Pelosi was not in a state of observable distress. Almaguer also said that Pelosi, at one point, went back to where his intruder was located, only then being attacked in front of police. Days later, the report was taken down from the NBC website, as well as being scrubbed from social media.

There is no question that Paul Pelosi was attacked, and anyone still spreading suppositions to the contrary is simply chasing online clout. The bodycam footage being cited here as evidence that the DOJ lied shows the attack happened. And to be sure, there are logical reasons why Paul Pelosi decided to open the door and then walk back toward the attacker. Namely, it doesn’t appear that he was fearful of any kind of physical confrontation at that point and didn’t anticipate an attack with police standing right there. That was a bad decision, but not one outside the realm of possibility.

That’s not the issue here, though. The issue is the DOJ lying about it, quelling “conspiracy theories” that weren’t conspiracy theories. What could possibly be the justification for that?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/19/why-did-the-doj-lie-about-the-paul-pelosi-attack-n661241

So, let me get this straight…

A call was placed, by Paul Pelosi to 911 and he hadn’t been attacked yet??? 🤔

Pelosi answers the door when police arrive and does not appear to be in any distress??? 🤔

The broken glass glass from

the window is on the outside of the home,  insinuating that it was broken from the inside!!! 🤔

After police arrived at the home, Pelosi then walks back toward the “intruder”, where he is then bludgeoned with a hammer in front of police??? 🤔

This story makes absolutely zero sense…But what I am curious about is how quickly the Left jumped into action to spin the story, and silence actual journalists on the ground…

It reeks of the Covid situation, the Epstein situation, and msm propaganda and social media censoring situations, all rolled into one…And because of that I don’t believe a word that the Left says about it…they have proven time and time again that their word cannot be trusted…

I would not be surprised if it was some sort of intended hoax gone bad, to use against the Right, before the midterms…Perhaps a “Smollett 2.0”…The Left was so quick with a response, and all in unison with the same old tired “Right wing extremist” excuse…it seemed too calculated imo…

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

So, let me get this straight…

A call was placed, by Paul Pelosi to 911 and he hadn’t been attacked yet??? 🤔

Pelosi answers the door when police arrive and does not appear to be in any distress??? 🤔

The broken glass glass from

the window is on the outside of the home,  insinuating that it was broken from the inside!!! 🤔

After police arrived at the home, Pelosi then walks back toward the “intruder”, where he is then bludgeoned with a hammer in front of police??? 🤔

This story makes absolutely zero sense…But what I am curious about is how quickly the Left jumped into action to spin the story, and silence actual journalists on the ground…

It reeks of the Covid situation, the Epstein situation, and msm propaganda and social media censoring situations, all rolled into one…And because of that I don’t believe a word that the Left says about it…they have proven time and time again that their word cannot be trusted…

I would not be surprised if it was some sort of intended hoax gone bad, to use against the Right, before the midterms…Perhaps a “Smollett 2.0”…The Left was so quick with a response, and all in unison with the same old tired “Right wing extremist” excuse…it seemed too calculated imo…

They are masters of rushing to judgment and putting out stories that support their side, and then trying to shut down people questioning things when the stories eventually break down.