Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Shoveling people into sides is one of the biggest problems with this country. Sorting into “us vs. them” is terrible and harms all of us. 

And if what “people were doing” was normal, then we are screwed as a country. Instead of letting the facts drive the conclusion, they were having the conclusion drive the facts. 

The facts were pretty clear from the jump. Literally from the very beginning I was able to identify what the most likely outcome was by just looking at the official filings. But that apparently makes me a partisan hack. And now the evidence supports my original conclusion. This stuff isn’t hard if you actually want to know the truth. But so many people don’t.

It’s not skepticism or critical thinking. It’s just feelings over facts. 

you say let facts drive those conclusions but the REAL problem with this country are "facts" no longer exist from a non partisan consistent source. are doctors giving facts? cdc? i see alot of "those close to the situation" "experts say". many ways to make audience believe utter garbage with zero REAL sources or proof. which news organizations do you think are always giving you unbiased straight forward facts? there is no clear answer to me so if you have one id love to hear.

i think people such as yourself may also consider a conglomerate as the truth. if many are saying the same thing it must be the truth. the minority are the quacks but covid shows clearly, if anything could be pulled from the mess that this isnt nec true either.

all ill say is that info on this story was suspiciously vague. reporters reprimanded for simply saying what happened on the info he gave? stories deleted? one could easily see that as a cover up. im glad you found a reputable source that laid out all the info you needed. i would like to check this source to see what their "facts" were on other subjects that have NOW morphed into a completely different set. please share. maybe we all can get on the same page by these trusted sources you use that always gives proof and facts so immediatly. its what journalism was supposed to be so I'm genuinely interested.

11 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

you say let facts drive those conclusions but the REAL problem with this country are "facts" no longer exist from a non partisan consistent source. are doctors giving facts? cdc? i see alot of "those close to the situation" "experts say". many ways to make audience believe utter garbage with zero REAL sources or proof. which news organizations do you think are always giving you unbiased straight forward facts? there is no clear answer to me so if you have one id love to hear.

i think people such as yourself may also consider a conglomerate as the truth. if many are saying the same thing it must be the truth. the minority are the quacks but covid shows clearly, if anything could be pulled from the mess that this isnt nec true either.

all ill say is that info on this story was suspiciously vague. reporters reprimanded for simply saying what happened on the info he gave? stories deleted? one could easily see that as a cover up. im glad you found a reputable source that laid out all the info you needed. i would like to check this source to see what their "facts" were on other subjects that have NOW morphed into a completely different set. please share. maybe we all can get on the same page by these trusted sources you use that always gives proof and facts so immediatly. its what journalism was supposed to be so I'm genuinely interested.

In the case of a crime, when charges are filed they are often done so with sworn statements. While people can always lie, there is little penalty for lying on TV while there are hefty penalties for lying to law enforcement. It doesn’t mean people don’t lie to cops, but they are less likely to do so than to lie to a journalist. 

So in cases such as these, I find it incredibly helpful to ignore the talking heads / media, and just go straight to the filings. 

That’s what I did here and it’s what I did with the Sussman case. Both times, the outcome was very clear from the start despite the terrible media coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

truth has become subjective, as you say.  That's purposeful.  When you see easy solutions to difficult problems you can be fairly certain that is not the truth.  There's a great deal of that, these days.  It's called populism.  And it's a cancer.  I try to read international news as well as national news on both sides, keeping in mind motivation.  Most often it's money.  Re covid, science is not static.  It's dynamic and that must be kept in mind at all times.  The question then becomes "are those providing the science truly after knowledge or something else".  It's usually not difficult to discern.

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yup. Something else that was salacious that people wanted to believe despite the lack of evidence. Feelings over facts 

So you/most Dems never for one second believed it existed or that it was a legitimate piece of kompromat that would make Trump collude with Russia?

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

So you/most Dems never for one second believed it existed or that it was a legitimate piece of kompromat that would make Trump collude with Russia?

I can only speak for myself, but the Steele Dossier was a piece of raw intelligence gathering. It’s basically just collecting all the rumors you can about someone. The next step would be to verify if those rumors were true, but that didn’t happen.

Steele was wrong to leak it because the public was just going to latch on to the salacious details without taking a step back and recognizing the report for what it was. 

As someone who thought (and still thinks) that Trump sucks, I certainly wanted the report to be true and I kept waiting for other outlets to verify the stories but they never could.

That’s why the Mueller report dismissed most of the dossier and why the Clinton campaign didn’t use it: nothing in it could be proven to be true. Steele got ahead of himself by leaking it (I believe to John McCain) instead of verifying it first. 

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I can only speak for myself, but the Steele Dossier was a piece of raw intelligence gathering. It’s basically just collecting all the rumors you can about someone. The next step would be to verify if those rumors were true, but that didn’t happen.

Steele was wrong to leak it because the public was just going to latch on to the salacious details without taking a step back and recognizing the report for what it was. 

As someone who thought (and still thinks) that Trump sucks, I certainly wanted the report to be true and I kept waiting for other outlets to verify the stories but they never could.

That’s why the Mueller report dismissed most of the dossier and why the Clinton campaign didn’t use it: nothing in it could be proven to be true. Steele got ahead of himself by leaking it (I believe to John McCain) instead of verifying it first. 

you talk about this very reasonably but in the twitter file thread also seem to state gov involvement in the decemination of information is a good thing. so dep on who is in power and their intent something like trumps collusion with russia can be amplified or suppressed under the guise of "public saftey" ect ect. so its contradictory to want facts presented as they stand on their merit and to also hand wave gov or any other entity with power to promote or destroy a company to have any outside influence of information. this goes for corporations giving ad money ect ect. if there is influence on info. all of it should be called out and fought against. 

Edited by Buffarukus

3 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

you talk about this very reasonably but in the twitter file thread also seem to state gov involvement in the decemination of information is a good thing. so dep on who is in power and their intent something like trumps collusion with russia can be amplified or suppressed under the guise of "public saftey" ect ect. so its contradictory to want facts presented as they stand on their merit and to also hand wave gov or any other entity with power to promote or destroy a company to have any outside influence of information. this goes for corporations giving ad money ect ect. if there is influence on info. all of it should be called out and fought against. 

You’re misconstruing my point from that thread. 

What I was trying to get across is that the FBI flagging posts that potentially violate Twitter’s TOS is not censorship or coercion because Twitter ultimately decides what to do with the flagged posts. We also know that Twitter knew it could push back on these requests because not only were they staffed with many ex-FBI employees who would know that the FBI can’t force them to act, but they also rejected most of the requests.

Most of the time, the requests went as follows:

FBI: Hey, you should check out this post

Twitter: Sure!

Twitter: After review, we are declining to take action. 

9 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

truth has become subjective, as you say.  That's purposeful.  When you see easy solutions to difficult problems you can be fairly certain that is not the truth.  There's a great deal of that, these days.  It's called populism.  And it's a cancer.  I try to read international news as well as national news on both sides, keeping in mind motivation.  Most often it's money.  Re covid, science is not static.  It's dynamic and that must be kept in mind at all times.  The question then becomes "are those providing the science truly after knowledge or something else".  It's usually not difficult to discern.

good methods here. i certainly try but its still very hard. in alot of ways i think we are doomed on this front. there are many stories out where clear proof is out and yet still people believe lies. rep still think elections were stolen. ny gov wont hire back medical workers without vax even though it does nothing in the regards they are convinced, stopping the transmission to patients. so i guess people just do what they want in large part regardless of info. somehow a general narrative now overshadows any real facts. in this regard i find the left far more irrational and dangerous. as i stated i can name alot of examples where innocent people were hurt/killed on behalf of a false narritive. maybe thats my bias speaking but large portions of the country burning and under authoritarian lockdown destroying the economy say otherwise.

Edited by Buffarukus

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

You’re misconstruing my point from that thread. 

What I was trying to get across is that the FBI flagging posts that potentially violate Twitter’s TOS is not censorship or coercion because Twitter ultimately decides what to do with the flagged posts. We also know that Twitter knew it could push back on these requests because not only were they staffed with many ex-FBI employees who would know that the FBI can’t force them to act, but they also rejected most of the requests.

Most of the time, the requests went as follows:

FBI: Hey, you should check out this post

Twitter: Sure!

Twitter: After review, we are declining to take action. 

your making your point clear. the gov should not be saying anything to twitter to influence them. the mere "suggestion" by a outside party that has ultimate power over them is the problem. im not sure why you see this as so innocent when

A) the gov did not simply point out tos violations. they went far beyond that. Twitter has a staff specifically to moderate. so the gov is actually suggesting they focus directly on what they want them to OR fudge their tos to do their bidding. this was made perfectly clear and a big reason tech keeps their tos vague so they can do what they want on their or "outside" influencers whims. 

B) the intermingling of gov with former fbi ect. could also be construed as the opposite. inside people in high positions of private companies MORE willing to push propaganda on behalf of their colleagues. maybe that was their only intent. viewing it how you are is very nieve in my opinion.

so phizer gives million of ad revenue to facebook. they have a hotline to the top person as twitter relies on such a "generous" supporter. phizer says hey buddy. that competitor of ours..did you know there is a side effect that could hurt people. thats dangerous and against tos...right? how bout you remove them or maybe we stop. working with a company that is not interested in protecting people from side effects. talk to jim. our former employee who came over from us and he can explain it all. 

just innocent convo. twitter can say no. please.

regardless the gov was PAYING twitter. so its not even what you say.

if the gov wants to make a statement or promote facts it thinks are being spread online. its called a microphone or press briefing ect. not coordinating with social media platforms to artificially control its output. 

you can't suggest people are conspiratorial while also being fine with  influence on info in the same breath. like i said people will fill in the blanks and recently they have been correct. hell, gov involvement in suppressing free speech was a conspiracy just a moment ago.

Edited by Buffarukus

21 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

In the calm light of day, the Steele dossier was pure propaganda, an elaborate tale with roots directly to the DNC and Clinton.  Those is dem leadership, the IC, and media members with sources deep within knew this.  Mueller would have known this early on. 

It was allowed to hang around because people who thought “Trump sucked” wanted it to be true, like virtually everything else associated with the Russia story.  It helped shape the overall narrative, as did comments like those from Adam Schiff and his role as chief propagandist of the party.  As you said earlier, there aren’t really any penalties for lying on tv, and people can be incredibly gullible.  

We simply need to add it to the scrap heap of other such stories and recognize people believe such stories because they want it to be true.  That’s why they work,  the latest of which was “Trump had classified info first time evaaahhhh…” when all we really have to do is look in garages and storage boxes of former officials. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Billsy now that we know the attacker is just crazy do you regret this post stating he was a conservative?

Nope

Paul Pelosi attacker trafficks in conspiracy theories in call to TV station after video release

DePape also told a San Francisco police officer in October that the reason he went to the Pelosis’ San Francisco home was because he believed that the then-speaker was “the leader of the pack” of all the politicians in Washington, DC, “lying on a consistent basis.”

DePape claimed that Democrats were on an “endless f**king crime spree” when it came to Trump.

“Not only were they spying on a rival campaign, they were submitting fake evidence to spy on a rival campaign, covering it up, persecuting the rival campaign,” DePape said of what he believed Democrats were doing to Trump.

DePape said that these actions originated with Hillary Clinton, who unsuccessfully ran against Trump in 2016, and that all Democrats are “criminals.” But he zeroed in on Pelosi as the one who “ran with the lying.”

• 9 months later...

And now that Paul Pelosi hammer attacker David DePape is on trial, we get to see how preposterous those manufactured "theories" were about Pelosi and DePape being gay lovers, or DePape being the world's most flabby gay hooker.

David DePape planned to wear an inflatable unicorn costume and broke into Nancy Pelosi’s home to speak to her about Russian involvement in the 2016 election, he testified in San Francisco Federal Court Tuesday.

A tearful DePape said his plan was to get the former House Speaker and his other famous “targets” to admit to their corruption and eventually get President Joe Biden to pardon the group. 

That's right. An "inflatable unicorn costume." Are we sure it wasn't going to be an inflatable deranged rhino costume?

To all the Elon Musks who were "just asking questions," well, we have your answers:

“He was never my target and I’m sorry he got hurt,” DePape, 43, said of Paul Pelosi. “I reacted because my plan was basically ruined,” adding he wanted to ask Biden to pardon his targets “so we can move forward as a country.”

DePape said he would listen to political podcasts that supported right-wing conspiracies as he played video games six hours a day. 

He's starting to sound like some of our PPP contributors.

On one of those podcasts, he heard conservative commentator James Lindsay talk about Bay Area scholar Dr. Gayle Rubin, a leading academic in feminist theory and ***** studies.

“The takeaway I got is that she wants to turn our schools into pedophile molestation factories,” he said of Rubin, who has been referred to as “Target 1” in federal court documents.

Rubin also testified on Tuesday and said her writings were misconstrued to fit a narrative against the gay movement.

When asked by DePape’s defense attorney if she supported child abuse, Rubin replied, “Absolutely not.”

In his blog posts that have since been taken down, DePape often wrote about QAnon and unfounded theories that former President Donald Trump was at war with a cabal of Satan-worshiping Democrat elites who run a global pedophile sex ring.

Correction: he's starting to sound exactly like one of our esteemed former PPP contributors, and that contributor's self-identified "Ghost."

https://nypost.com/2023/11/14/news/david-depape-man-accused-of-attacking-nancy-pelosis-husband-with-a-hammer-in-their-home-apologizes/

Maybe Elon will post a big "never mind" on Twitter X today. Definitely someone else will post a tone deaf comment about how I always seem to find a QAnon link. 

That may be because there is a QAnon link.

On 11/15/2023 at 12:15 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

And now that Paul Pelosi hammer attacker David DePape is on trial, we get to see how preposterous those manufactured "theories" were about Pelosi and DePape being gay lovers, or DePape being the world's most flabby gay hooker.

David DePape planned to wear an inflatable unicorn costume and broke into Nancy Pelosi’s home to speak to her about Russian involvement in the 2016 election, he testified in San Francisco Federal Court Tuesday.

A tearful DePape said his plan was to get the former House Speaker and his other famous “targets” to admit to their corruption and eventually get President Joe Biden to pardon the group. 

That's right. An "inflatable unicorn costume." Are we sure it wasn't going to be an inflatable deranged rhino costume?

To all the Elon Musks who were "just asking questions," well, we have your answers:

“He was never my target and I’m sorry he got hurt,” DePape, 43, said of Paul Pelosi. “I reacted because my plan was basically ruined,” adding he wanted to ask Biden to pardon his targets “so we can move forward as a country.”

DePape said he would listen to political podcasts that supported right-wing conspiracies as he played video games six hours a day. 

He's starting to sound like some of our PPP contributors.

On one of those podcasts, he heard conservative commentator James Lindsay talk about Bay Area scholar Dr. Gayle Rubin, a leading academic in feminist theory and ***** studies.

“The takeaway I got is that she wants to turn our schools into pedophile molestation factories,” he said of Rubin, who has been referred to as “Target 1” in federal court documents.

Rubin also testified on Tuesday and said her writings were misconstrued to fit a narrative against the gay movement.

When asked by DePape’s defense attorney if she supported child abuse, Rubin replied, “Absolutely not.”

In his blog posts that have since been taken down, DePape often wrote about QAnon and unfounded theories that former President Donald Trump was at war with a cabal of Satan-worshiping Democrat elites who run a global pedophile sex ring.

Correction: he's starting to sound exactly like one of our esteemed former PPP contributors, and that contributor's self-identified "Ghost."

https://nypost.com/2023/11/14/news/david-depape-man-accused-of-attacking-nancy-pelosis-husband-with-a-hammer-in-their-home-apologizes/

Maybe Elon will post a big "never mind" on Twitter X today. Definitely someone else will post a tone deaf comment about how I always seem to find a QAnon link. 

That may be because there is a QAnon link.

What's interesting to me is that while this guy is absolutely off his rocker, it looks like the push here is life in prison.   Is there a path to redemption for him out there?  Will he get the help he needs to realize the error in his ways?  He's 43 years old and certainly sounds apologetic--is life in a prison over the next 40 years the answer?  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What's interesting to me is that while this guy is absolutely off his rocker, it looks like the push here is life in prison.   Is there a path to redemption for him out there?  Will he get the help he needs to realize the error in his ways?  He's 43 years old and certainly sounds apologetic--is life in a prison over the next 40 years the answer?  

Canada can have him back. Let's say in 2057. I'm sure they'll restore his 2nd Amendment rights.

53 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Canada can have him back. Let's say in 2057. I'm sure they'll restore his 2nd Amendment rights.

I get the knee jerk response, this is still fresh in the collective mindset of the country.   Your call for expulsion in 2057 probably isn’t far off, 30+ years out.  That follows the path of another guy with obvious mental issues, John Hinckley.   He goes on a shooting rampage, seriously injured James Brady,  Thomas Delhanty, Timothy McCarthy and of course RR.  

On the other hand, it seems the govt was willing to accept a plea of insanity then, but no such deal here.  

As for a return to Canada, I wouldn’t be so quick to assume anything with respect to the 2nd A.  I decided to take my wife on a romantritic (romantic and patriotic) whirlwind to Montreal one July, and planned champagne and fireworks on Independence Day.  Turns out it was all a big fat goose egg. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that this trial played out as the facts presented instead of the right wing circle jerk of a secret affair based on absolutely nothing.

Will the MAGA crowd learn from this? I’d bet the farm against it. Learning isn’t exactly their thing. 

Finding Qanon still with DR living all too comfortably inside its head. 

When was it that DR was banned from these parts again?

Obsession!

:lol:

And remember when a major news outlet fired a reporter for what turned out to be a rare instance of accurate reporting about the Pelosi incident?

With the absurd track record that the American media has with accurate reporting,  I'm afraid you're left with most sane people not believing them.

Crazy that corrupt institutions have to ultimately lie in the bed that they have made.