Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

46 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I don't know why anyone thinks we (the public) have a right to watch crimes like this or the kid who was beaten to death in Memphis.  It's ghoulish and repulsive.  It is likely to inspire some other waste of protoplasm to do similar.  I wish I could unsee it.

btw, pelosi has about a 1 in 4 chance of dementia just based on his age:  

Age. Age is the greatest of these three risk factors. As noted in the Prevalence section, the percentage of people with Alzheimer's dementia increases dramatically with age: 3% of people age 65-74, 17% of people age 75-84 and 32% of people age 85 or older have Alzheimer's dementia.Mar 10, 2020

2020 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures

Those are fair points on the ghoulish nature of the video, but that’s secondary to my point about this particular video:

If the standard is to release, follow the standard and release.  

If the standard is to withhold, withhold.  

Making the $&@& up as they go would be grossly unfair to those who had their video(s) released, and gives the appearance that the pain of some folks is worth more than others.  

Btw, at the risk of sounding insensitive, I would bet comments made by Nancy Pelosi on issues involving release of body cameras in political motivated situations (namely involving police officers) would trend toward “release the tapes the people have a right to see them!” .  Just a hunch. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here’s a good summary of what was made public with links to the videos and audio recordings:

Pelosi Attack Live Updates: Body Camera Footage of Hammer Assault Released

Everything is consistent with a crazy guy breaking into the house and an elderly man trying to avoid angering him while trying to get help.

The simplest explanation, supported by the facts. 

While there are some questions that may remain (what’s with the glass of water), they likely have pretty banal expectations (maybe Pelosi was trying to keep the guy calm and poured a couple of glasses of water while waiting for police).

Of course, this won’t convince the crazies, but nothing ever will. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Since Mrs-a-Lago is also a public place  and resort (albeit a very pricey one), she walked into the public entrance with fake ID and was caught at the front desk. She didn't try to bang-bang like Feng-Feng did with Swaliwell (sp?).

33 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Of course the conspiracy freaks are still making shite up, its what their entire lives are based on.  I was a bit suspicious at first but when these videos came out its all clear now.  The guy was after Nancy and once the cops showed up he tried to take out the husband.   

For some reason, we expect people to act in specific or rational ways in all situations, especially intense or dangerous ones.

It may, at first, seem like Pelosi should have fought DePape when he came in. Or tried to lock himself in another room.

But he’s an elderly man and DePape had already found a way into his house. It’s likely that Pelosi’s goal was to just keep the situation from escalating until the cops arrived. 

Listening to the 911 call, you can hear Pelosi trying to walk the line between telling the operator to send someone and not angering DePape. The operator even tries to hang up a few times before Pelosi convinces her to stay on. 

In that situation, simply saying to DePape, “let’s sit down and chat until my wife gets home” while really waiting on the police seems like a smart thing to do. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Of course the conspiracy freaks are still making shite up, its what their entire lives are based on.  I was a bit suspicious at first but when these videos came out its all clear now.  The guy was after Nancy and once the cops showed up he tried to take out the husband.   

See, there you go, L’Ron.  You were a bit suspicious, but the videos cleared it up.
I wasn’t suspicious per se, but it was a strange fact pattern and questions naturally follow.  

On the other hand, we had lots of folks buying the notion of a James Bond type ex-MI6 and Russian hookers urinating on beds, two assailants tying shoe laces around Jussie Smollette’s neck and stealing his Taco Bell, and so so many more.  

Yup

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

See, there you go, L’Ron.  You were a bit suspicious, but the videos cleared it up.
I wasn’t suspicious per se, but it was a strange fact pattern and questions naturally follow.  

On the other hand, we had lots of folks buying the notion of a James Bond type ex-MI6 and Russian hookers urinating on beds, two assailants tying shoe laces around Jussie Smollette’s neck and stealing his Taco Bell, and so so many more.  

And the pretzel is now complete.

28 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

To jump to a sexual or some other sordid explanation for this says way more about the fantasies of the accusers than that of anyone else.  Strange f'ed up people...perhaps looking to make their lives seem normal in contrast.  Epic failure.

The "pee tape" says hi...

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/video/paul-pelosi-attack-security-camera-video-shows-break-in-by-david-depape/

Looks like they released the video of DePape breaking into the house from the outside. 

I’m assuming what really happened is that they were in a secret sexual relationship, got in a fight, and then DePape went outside, and decided to break back in because he realized that Pelosi had his glass of water. 

Am I doing this right?

funny how you guys are laughing up the conspiratorials but the first one was this is a evil far right trumper with the media as your becon. then facts came out about who this guy really was and only because they were withheld so long and silenced did others start. most of them true. underwear/ drinking/ allowed to call police.

yeah no conclusions on all that but it looks to me it was just a nutjob. 

this is what happens when EVERYTHING is political and both sides jump on the first info out.

your doing it right and will get alot more practice cause this is how it goes for everything.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

funny how you guys are laughing up the conspiratorials but the first one was this is a evil far right trumper with the media as your becon. then facts came out about who this guy really was and only because they were withheld so long and silenced did others start. most of them true. underwear/ drinking/ allowed to call police.

yeah no conclusions on all that but it looks to me it was just a nutjob. 

this is what happens when EVERYTHING is political and both sides jump on the first info out.

your doing it right and will get alot more practice cause this is how it goes for everything.

When have I ever said that DePape was a Trumper?

I said he was a crazy person. 

I have said from the very start that the most likely explanation is that he was a crazy person who broke into the house to get to Nancy Pelosi. The facts supported that at the time, and the new evidence shows that to be clearly the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I have said from the very start that the most likely explanation is that he was a crazy person who broke into the house to get to Nancy Pelosi. The facts supported that at the time, and the new evidence shows that to be clearly the case. 

strange that crazy people don't identify with crazy people.  strange but true.

43 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

im talking generally. the same way you seem to want to suggest people said he was let in. which given the available info isnt even a stretch at all. that video was available very early and could have ended any talk of him being let in like the hundreds of other narratives that people have no choice but fill in the blanks when reporters manipulate, knowingly lie and hide info to the public.

GENERALLY the media jumped on the narrative until they couldn't anymore. "it was a evil trumper" and leftists were happy to go along with that FIRST. like cops getting beaten with fire extinguishers when a head wound is the easiest thing in the world to know. therapeutics aka vaccines stop transmission while areas with high vax% had the same numbers.... FOR YEARS. blurt out the president pees on hookers in russia. covid death tickers suddenly disapearing when a new administration takes over hmmm. on and on and on and on. hell youll look the other way on innocents being murdered based on them. shall i say examples?

im simply pointing out a side that is lead by the medias leash countless times should have nothing to say about conspiracies like they are above it or something. 

Edited by Buffarukus

10 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

im talking generally. the same way you seem to want to suggest people said he was let in. which given the available info isnt even a stretch at all. that video was available very early and could have ended any talk of him being let in like the hundreds of other narratives that people have no choice but fill in the blanks when reporters manipulate, knowingly lie and hide info to the public.

GENERALLY the media jumped on the narrative until they couldn't anymore. "it was a evil trumper" and leftists were happy to go along with that FIRST. like cops getting beaten with fire extinguishers when a head wound is the easiest thing in the world to know. therapeutics aka vaccines stop transmission while areas with high vax% had the same numbers. blurt out the president pees on hookers in russia. covid death tickers suddenly disapearing when a new administration takes over hmmm. on and on and on and on. hell youll look the other way on innocents being murdered based on them. shall i say examples?

im simply pointing out a side that is lead by the medias leash countless times should have nothing to say about conspiracies like they are above it or something. 

Well, if you want to talk media criticism, I’m sure we will find a lot to agree on. 

But when you quote my post and say “you” a lot while saying things I’ve never said, I’m going to call you out. I try to choose my words carefully and do not appreciate people insinuating that I said things I never said. 

36 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, if you want to talk media criticism, I’m sure we will find a lot to agree on. 

But when you quote my post and say “you” a lot while saying things I’ve never said, I’m going to call you out. I try to choose my words carefully and do not appreciate people insinuating that I said things I never said. 

its a political message board so getting shoveled into a box of "your side" kinda comes with the territory. don't be so sensitive and see the overall point I'm making. theres a difference between a manufactured conspiracy and one that people come up with when that same media machine acts suspiciously interested in silencing ONLY when the political winds change directions. i think those you were mocking were doing something completely normal. filling the blanks with some sort of corruption/ fetish/ illegal activity. that is routinely the case when a story reveals it about the powerful and the media realizes it may be telling on the wrong type of person. rich and powerful. otherwise why not just tell it immediately with proof. plenty of ways, plenty of cameras they show immediatly when the poors are involved. yet here we are months later finally getting it? so what was the repoter suspended for? why did they delete the story that seemed to have nothing but facts in it? he was in his underwear he didn't he run towards police saftey. ect ect. hmmm. i guess ill develop a "conspiracy" on these things because i don't think they will come out and say it.

unless that is..im doing it wrong? 😁

Edited by Buffarukus

18 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

its a political message board so getting shoveled into a box of "your side" kinda comes with the territory. don't be so sensitive and see the overall point I'm making. theres a difference between a manufactured conspiracy and one that people come up with when that same media machine acts suspiciously interested in silencing ONLY when the political winds change directions. i think those you were mocking were doing something completely normal. filling the blanks with some sort of corruption/ fetish/ illegal activity. that is routinely the case when a story reveals it about the powerful and the media realizes it.......on one side of the isle. otherwise why not just tell it immediately with proof. plenty of ways, yet here we are months later finally getting it? hmmm

Shoveling people into sides is one of the biggest problems with this country. Sorting into “us vs. them” is terrible and harms all of us. 

And if what “people were doing” was normal, then we are screwed as a country. Instead of letting the facts drive the conclusion, they were having the conclusion drive the facts. 

The facts were pretty clear from the jump. Literally from the very beginning I was able to identify what the most likely outcome was by just looking at the official filings. But that apparently makes me a partisan hack. And now the evidence supports my original conclusion. This stuff isn’t hard if you actually want to know the truth. But so many people don’t.

It’s not skepticism or critical thinking. It’s just feelings over facts. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1