Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

It signifies nothing more than that you're a complete moron.  Not unlike the Hamlin conspiracy theorists, so nice catch there.

No seriously. Just say what you mean. You still believe that this was a lovers quarrel, don’t you?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

No seriously. Just say what you mean. You still believe that this was a lovers quarrel, don’t you?

I believe that it's an honest question to ask Pelosi. 

If you feared for your life at the hands of an armed intruder why did you also take time to fix yourself a drink?

Seems like a reasonable question to ask. Well to reasonable people it is anyway.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I believe that it's an honest question to ask Pelosi. 

If you feared for your life at the hands of an armed intruder why did you also take time to fix yourself a drink?

Seems like a reasonable question to ask. Well to reasonable people it is anyway.

I’m sure it’ll be asked at trial and may have already been asked by investigators. 

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

I know that if/when an intruder breaks into my home...the very first thing that I'll do is fix myself a drink.

This doesn't change anything for me, other than to wonder why they withheld the footage if the normal course of action is to release. 

My first question is why Pelosi wouldn't signal he was in danger, or attempt to run, pull away etc.  On the other hand, he's an old timer and it looked like the assailant had a pretty good grip on this wrist.  He called the cops, one way or the other, so there is that.  Assuming the guy broke in, who the frig knows what thoughts the victim has in the moment?  We just heard about a young lady in Idaho traumatized to the point that she locked herself in her room for several hours after some really unusual circumstances in the apartment she lived in.

The attack itself is gruesome, and any way you slice it, Pelosi is the victim here.  

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This doesn't change anything for me, other than to wonder why they withheld the footage if the normal course of action is to release. 

My first question is why Pelosi wouldn't signal he was in danger, or attempt to run, pull away etc.  On the other hand, he's an old timer and it looked like the assailant had a pretty good grip on this wrist.  He called the cops, one way or the other, so there is that.  Assuming the guy broke in, who the frig knows what thoughts the victim has in the moment?  We just heard about a young lady in Idaho traumatized to the point that she locked herself in her room for several hours after some really unusual circumstances in the apartment she lived in.

The attack itself is gruesome, and any way you slice it, Pelosi is the victim here.  

He absolutely is the victim.  Never said otherwise.  He just shows no signs at all of being in danger when the police arrive, just like the NBC reporting said that was censored for some reason. 

What was reported and is true:

Pelosi and intruder answered door each with one hand on the hammer

Pelosi was in his underwear.

What is also true but was not reported:

Pelosi held a drink in his left hand.

Pelosi was wearing what appears to be a dress shirt on top, underwear bottom.

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

maybe they withheld the footage because it is incredibly disturbing to any viewer but especially for his family and friends.  How anyone can make hay out of the horrible act is beyond me.  How many 80 yo men do you know?    The most fit are still somewhat frail.   This is disgusting.  Too little footage and info to make a determination but he looked confused to me.  It could be from just being awakened or it could be that he has dementia or had a drink too many. None of these are unusual.

Edited by redtail hawk

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

maybe they withhold the footage because it is incredibly disturbing to any viewer but especially his family and friends.  How anyone can make hay out of the horrible act is beyond me.  How many 80 yo men do you know?    The most fit are still somewhat frail.   This is disgusting.

Settle down Red.  Seems you're angling for a fight when there's none to be found with me. The question about whether or not the video was withheld is fair to discuss, and it seems pretty simple to me. I  said that upthread.

If they generally withhold video for the reasons you offered above, it's easy enough to say that they were following procedure.  That ends the conversation for me, and what happened to Paul Pelosi is still horrific. 

If they generally release video, but chose not to do so in this case (political patronage, special treatment for special people, whatever), it's fair to ask why public servants extend courtesy to this family and not others victimized in a similar fashion.  In that case, what happened to Paul Pelosi is still horrific. 

Btw, I know many elderly people, and it seems reasonable that the same amount of respect for people across the board be extended.  If it was, it was. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Settle down Red.  Seems you're angling for a fight when there's none to be found with me. The question about whether or not the video was withheld is fair to discuss, and it seems pretty simple to me. I  said that upthread.

If they generally withhold video for the reasons you offered above, it's easy enough to say that they were following procedure.  That ends the conversation for me, and what happened to Paul Pelosi is still horrific. 

If they generally release video, but chose not to do so in this case (political patronage, special treatment for special people, whatever), it's fair to ask why public servants extend courtesy to this family and not others victimized in a similar fashion.  In that case, what happened to Paul Pelosi is still horrific. 

Btw, I know many elderly people, and it seems reasonable that the same amount of respect for people across the board be extended.  If it was, it was. 

I don't know why anyone thinks we (the public) have a right to watch crimes like this or the kid who was beaten to death in Memphis.  It's ghoulish and repulsive.  It is likely to inspire some other waste of protoplasm to do similar.  I wish I could unsee it.

btw, pelosi has about a 1 in 4 chance of dementia just based on his age:  

Age. Age is the greatest of these three risk factors. As noted in the Prevalence section, the percentage of people with Alzheimer's dementia increases dramatically with age: 3% of people age 65-74, 17% of people age 75-84 and 32% of people age 85 or older have Alzheimer's dementia.Mar 10, 2020

2020 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures

Edited by redtail hawk

I know that when people break into my home, the first thing I do is grab a drink as I'm confronting them.

And of course you take your pants off... 

The video is weird, but doesn’t explain much:
1) It looks like the two men are not struggling but jointly holding the hammer.
2) Why is Paul in his underwear?
3) When the cops ask Pelosi what’s going on, he replies with an awfully spaced-out “hi” and a really dopey grin common to someone high a.f.

Thankfully, you can’t see it, (I mean, “c’mon man”) but judging from the swing of the hammer, if it landed on Pelosi’s head…

This video certainly doesn’t prove anything one way or another IMHO, but I have to say in my considerable experience it doesn’t rule out a dope-fueled homosexual assignation that went terribly wrong…

One last question to our LEO pals out there: A hammer is unquestionably a deadly weapon. Not that I’m in favor of trigger happy cops, but I have to say if this happened in Dade County, Fla., the cops would have drawn down on the guy and lit him up. Am I wrong?

by Charles Glasser

https://instapundit.com/566452/

To me, while Pelosi does look 'confused' he probably is waiting for the cops to do something, unfortunately it is SF, so that gives the attacker his opening.

Edited by B-Man
  • Dislike 1

"This video certainly doesn’t prove anything one way or another IMHO, but I have to say in my considerable experience it doesn’t rule out a dope-fueled homosexual assignation that went terribly wrong…"

It doesn't rule out a space laser frying his frontal lobe either.  What a stupid, unfounded accusation.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

"This video certainly doesn’t prove anything one way or another IMHO, but I have to say in my considerable experience it doesn’t rule out a dope-fueled homosexual assignation that went terribly wrong…"

It doesn't rule out a space laser frying his frontal lobe either.  What a stupid, unfounded accusation.

Mr Glasser has much more experience than you and I, if you had clicked on the link you would know that.

but, you know, keep that outrage up.  😂

HERE is the important video !

Geez, why didn't they just release that last fall and save everyone a lot of grief.

Thanks FOX News.

PUSH PLAY.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/video/paul-pelosi-attack-security-camera-video-shows-break-in-by-david-depape/

Looks like they released the video of DePape breaking into the house from the outside. 

I’m assuming what really happened is that they were in a secret sexual relationship, got in a fight, and then DePape went outside, and decided to break back in because he realized that Pelosi had his glass of water. 

Am I doing this right?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/video/paul-pelosi-attack-security-camera-video-shows-break-in-by-david-depape/

Looks like they released the video of DePape breaking into the house from the outside. 

I’m assuming what really happened is that they were in a secret sexual relationship, got in a fight, and then DePape went outside, and decided to break back in because he realized that Pelosi had his glass of water. 

Am I doing this right?

yes, occum's razor again.  nicely done.

Edited by redtail hawk