Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

https://nypost.com/2022/11/15/nbc-news-reporter-suspended-over-retracted-paul-pelosi-story/amp/

So, the reporter has been suspended for this report.   Yet another odd domino to fall in this story.  No comment on whether his producer or editor has been suspended. It seems unlikely this story would not have been vetted by upper management at the station. 

This would be a great story for another media outlet to report on. 

And still no one fired over utter the lack of surveillance of the house that day.  And of course we're not going to be seeing surveillance or body camera footage.  Meanwhile, do we know if they have locks on their bathroom doors?

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

https://nypost.com/2022/11/15/nbc-news-reporter-suspended-over-retracted-paul-pelosi-story/amp/

So, the reporter has been suspended for this report.   Yet another odd domino to fall in this story.  No comment on whether his producer or editor has been suspended. It seems unlikely this story would not have been vetted by upper management at the station. 

This would be a great story for another media outlet to report on. 

How is that suspicious?

A reporter, rushing to be the first instead of the most accurate, reported false information. 

How else should that be handled?

37 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

How is that suspicious?

A reporter, rushing to be the first instead of the most accurate, reported false information. 

How else should that be handled?

Who said it was suspicious?  I said it was an odd domino to fall.  What's up with you guys lately?  When the story was initially reported, I said it was odd, and SunnyD claimed I said it was "fishy".   Odd isn't suspicious, odd isn't fishy.  Odd is odd.  

You've surmised that the reporter rushed to the front and disregarded accuracy concerns.  I think that happened early on, when the reporting from some media outlets suggested two men in their underwear, a third person letting them in, and so on.  

In this case, the version of events reported by Miguel Almaguer was published a week after the incident and hardly reflected breaking news. It was a professionally produced and edited segment that cited sources close to the investigation.  I assume that a story with that level of national interest, involving a hammer to the head of a multi-millionaire married to the Speaker of the House, would be of significant interest to the News Organization.  In fact, given the initial rush to get the story out and with some of the confusion surrounding the facts, I would assume everything was vetted before the story ran.

It's certainly possible that the reporter acted on his own and ran fast and loose to create some buzz,  but that would strike me as odd as well.  He's been a fixture at the Network for many years.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And still no one fired over utter the lack of surveillance of the house that day.  And of course we're not going to be seeing surveillance or body camera footage.  Meanwhile, do we know if they have locks on their bathroom doors?

I said earlier on that if the police department or DA follows their normal routine, it is what it is.  If however they follow a different process for releasing body cam footage etc, or are extending courtesy due to who they are, it's understandable that people would question why.  

20 hours ago, cle23 said:

Yes, because opioids have only become a problem recently.

Very disingenuous.  They certainly have become an vastly increased problem recently.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd.  Back to the thread.

Hmmm.

REPORT: Paul Pelosi Seen Opening Door for Police on Body Cam Video as Originally Reported. 

“So why would NBC News scrub an awkward story about the husband of a House Speaker representing an embattled majority in the weeks before a midterm election to determine control of the House?”

NBC Bay Area reporter Bigad Shaban claimed Wednesday that police body cam footage supports Almaguer’s initial story, “according to a source familiar with the Pelosi investigation who personally viewed the body camera footage.”

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/body-cam-video-paul-pelosi-attack/3076235/

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2022/11/17/report-paul-pelosi-seen-opening-door-for-police-on-body-cam-video-as-originally-reported-n1646664

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Very disingenuous.  They certainly have become an vastly increased problem recently.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd.  Back to the thread.

Hmmm.

REPORT: Paul Pelosi Seen Opening Door for Police on Body Cam Video as Originally Reported. 

“So why would NBC News scrub an awkward story about the husband of a House Speaker representing an embattled majority in the weeks before a midterm election to determine control of the House?”

NBC Bay Area reporter Bigad Shaban claimed Wednesday that police body cam footage supports Almaguer’s initial story, “according to a source familiar with the Pelosi investigation who personally viewed the body camera footage.”

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/body-cam-video-paul-pelosi-attack/3076235/

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2022/11/17/report-paul-pelosi-seen-opening-door-for-police-on-body-cam-video-as-originally-reported-n1646664

It is disingenuous to imply that Biden has caused our opioid crisis when opioids have been a crisis for 10+ years.  I am not saying Biden is blameless, but opioids have gotten worse under every President, including Bush, Obama, Trump, and now Biden.  Where were you guys blaming Trump as well?

The issue is that opioids are a growing problem, not which President to blame the problem on.

53 minutes ago, cle23 said:

It is disingenuous to imply that Biden has caused our opioid crisis when opioids have been a crisis for 10+ years.  I am not saying Biden is blameless, but opioids have gotten worse under every President, including Bush, Obama, Trump, and now Biden.  Where were you guys blaming Trump as well?

The issue is that opioids are a growing problem, not which President to blame the problem on.

There is a word in your post that exemplifies YOUR disingenuous behavior.  I was going to make you guess the word but that would be mean.  That word is “caused”.  No one is saying he’s caused it. That would be absurd. But just as I don’t blame him for inflation I do not blame him for this.  However he’s in the big boy chair and it’s is problem to deal with.  Now I am not saying I expect him, and him alone, to fix it.  But for Christ sake.  Let’s open the conversation and admit our porous border is part of the problem.

It’s seems that many of you have never been hired as a manager to clean up the mess left by your predecessor.  Pointing fingers is not the job of the new leader.  It’s his/her job to roll up their sleeves and get to work. 

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

It was disingenous to imply, much less outright say, that Trump caused Wuhan virus.  Yet he got the blame and lost an election over it, thanks in large part to a complicit media, which is now doing their best to shield Joke.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It was disingenous to imply, much less outright say, that Trump caused Wuhan virus.  Yet he got the blame and lost an election over it, thanks in large part to a complicit media, which is now doing their best to shield Joke.

I agree that it would be wrong to blame Trump for CAUSING the virus.  I do think he mishandled it once more information was known, but who knows how each President would have handled it.  I also think his personality and constant blame game and administration issues were the cause of him losing the election, with the handling of the virus a part of that.

I am not a Biden fan.  Gun to my head, if I had to pick between he and Trump, I would probably pick Biden, but I did not vote for either in the past election because I did not feel either was worthy of the office.  

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

There is a word in your post that exemplifies YOUR disingenuous behavior.  I was going to make you guess the word but that would be mean.  That word is “caused”.  No one is saying he’s caused it. That would be absurd. But just as I don’t blame him for inflation I do not blame him for this.  However he’s in the big boy chair and it’s is problem to deal with.  Now I am not saying I expect him, and him alone, to fix it.  But for Christ sake.  Let’s open the conversation and admit our porous border is part of the problem.

It’s seems that many of you have never been hired as a manager to clean up the mess left by your predecessor.  Pointing fingers is not the job of the new leader.  It’s his/her job to roll up their sleeves and get to work. 

My issue isn't with people wanting our leaders to do more.  I think we can all agree that they need and should do more.  The opioid crisis has been largely ignored for years now, with steps taken to help correct the crisis largely being a show more than substance.  The wall doesn't and never was going to work.  Looser immigration policy won't work.  The best way to reduce the opioids coming into the country is the lessen the demand that we as a society and medical community have largely created.  

speaker-pelosi-holds-bill-enrollment-chi

ANDREW FERGUSON: Good Riddance, Madame Speaker.

When rubbed the wrong way, she can summon her own kind of clarity. My favorite instance, and our third and final token, was related in a recent biography by Molly Ball. In August 2014, during yet another crisis on the southern border, a Republican congressman named Tom Marino took the House floor to chide Pelosi, then the minority leader, for ignoring it—a sign of her weakness, he said.

“I did research on it,” Marino said. “You might want to try it, Madame Leader. … That’s one thing you don’t do.”

Outraged, Pelosi flew across the floor toward Marino, arms raised.

Now, we all have our readymade insults for people we find contemptible—from chucklehead to ####### and beyond. We tend to describe the opposite of what we see ourselves to be.

Pelosi uncorked her own favorite.

“You,” she shouted at Marino, “are an insignificant person! You are an insignificant person!” Her colleagues, according to Ball, had to pull her away.

What a picture it makes! It is how I prefer to remember her, the first woman elected speaker of the House, a colossus in the politics of this century—ferocious in her pant suit, the back vents of the jacket flapping, the padded shoulders heaving, the tiny fists balled in anger and hoisted skyward. The image defines her long struggle against the great enemy insignificance, and more important, against all the little people who are themselves insignificant, and whose ranks—unhappily but finally—she now joins.

Beyond that, you have to read the article to find out what’s in it.

https://freebeacon.com/columns/good-riddance-madame-speaker/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

My issue isn't with people wanting our leaders to do more.  I think we can all agree that they need and should do more.  The opioid crisis has been largely ignored for years now, with steps taken to help correct the crisis largely being a show more than substance.  The wall doesn't and never was going to work.  Looser immigration policy won't work.  The best way to reduce the opioids coming into the country is the lessen the demand that we as a society and medical community have largely created.  

Nope.  This is not your typical supply/demand issue.  It needs to be attacked from both sides.  The cartel is not just going to allow the demand for their products to go away.  I assume you have not done a lot of drugs in your life. 

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope.  This is not your typical supply/demand issue.  It needs to be attacked from both sides.  The cartel is not just going to allow the demand for their products to go away.  I assume you have not done a lot of drugs in your life. 

You are right, I have not.  But the cartel doesn't go door to door and force you to take them.  The medical community has pushed opioids for years and then it caught up to us.  I had major ear surgery at 15, and the doctor refused to let me leave without Oxycodone  Obviously there are other ways to help reduce use, but the main thing is to lessen the demand for the use.  If there are huge numbers of buyers as there are now, the drugs will find their way here.