Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

It’s interesting to watch the craziness form in real time. 

From “just asking questions” to rampant speculation, to eventually solidifying into a politically useful narrative.

Instead of Occam’s Razor, we have PPP’s Razor: no matter how unlikely, the real truth is whatever looks bad for people I don’t like. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

From “just asking questions” to rampant speculation, to eventually solidifying into a politically useful narrative.

Instead of Occam’s Razor, we have PPP’s Razor: no matter how unlikely, the real truth is whatever looks bad for people I don’t like. 

What are your thoughts on NBC News trying to memory hole their own reporting on the subject? Honest mistake on their part?

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

What’s the “craziness”? 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Sure! Good Morning America and the Today Show are all right wing conspiracy outlets. Honestly Goose….something is definitely not right here. 

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If it was anyone else this has all the earmarks of an arranged appointment that somehow went wrong. And before people jump all over me, I’m not saying that it is…but it sure looks like it 

That's my opinion of what happened.  It's another one of Paul Pelosi's peccadillos getting out into the public eye.  

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

What are your thoughts on NBC News trying to memory hole their own reporting on the subject? Honest mistake on their part?

You can bet your bottom dollar that when things don't quite look on the up and up for @ChiGoose and his team, then it can just be chalked up to being an honest mistake.   That they're going to fix.  Someday.

:lol:

13 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You can bet your bottom dollar that when things don't quite look on the up and up for @ChiGoose and his team, then it can just be chalked up to being an honest mistake.   That they're going to fix.  Someday.

:lol:

With all due respect, Goose can say whatever he wants, just as I am. What I have a HUGE problem with is the President of the United States just called out half of America over this unfortunate incident, and I virtually guarantee that the White House knows what actually happened.

Edited by SoCal Deek

37 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Please tell me the most likely scenario in this case? Do you believe a deranged man was able to enter a well fortified neighborhood, enter a well guarded house, all while in his underwear? Or what is most likely? I am actually curious what you believe. I will ask one more- why did Pelosi go back into home after opening door for police? 

Edited by Orlando Tim

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With all due respect, Goose can say whatever he wants, just as I am. What I have a HUGE problem with is the President of the United States just called out half of America over this unfortunate incident, and I virtually guarantee that the White House knows what actually happened.

He absolutely can.  I encourage the left to say as much as possible freely and without restriction.  I'm just going by past performance here with the "mistake" excuse when things don't quite add up that he often employs.

I know what Occam's Razor tells me when someone who is presumably in peril and has reason to fear for his safety at the hands of a deranged home intruder, opens the door for police and retreats into his home and the intruder instead of towards the police:

Putin.

27 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Please tell me the most likely scenario in this case? Do you believe a deranged man was able to enter a well fortified neighborhood, enter a well guarded house, all while in his underwear? Or what is most likely? I am actually curious what you believe. I will ask one more- why did Pelosi go back into home after opening door for police? 

The most likely scenario is that a crazy person broke into the house to harm the Speaker of the House.

The Pelosi house is right on the street, it's not a heavily fortified compound. It really seems that the Capitol Police dropped the ball. Whoever was supposed to be monitoring the feed (if it is indeed supposed to be monitored 24/7) failed in their job. Maybe they were bored and distracted. Maybe they fell asleep.

I'm reading the court filing and I'm not seeing where Pelosi went back into the home after opening the door. Here is the section when the police arrive (Page 6, starting at line 18) :

Shortly after the initial call, Officers Kolby Wilmes and Kyle Cagney responded to the residence. When Off. Wilmes rang the doorbell, Defendant directed Mr. Pelosi not to open the door. But Mr. Pelosi opened the door with his left hand. As the door opened, the two men stood in the dimly lit foyer facing the officers. Mr. Pelosi nervously but calmly greeted them. When the officer asked what was going on, Defendant smiled and said, "everything's good" and pulled his hands toward his body. When an officer turned on his flashlight, Defendant could be seen holding the bottom handle of the hammer with one hand and Mr. Pelosi's right arm with the other. Mr. Pelosi had his hand on the top of the handle near the hammer itself. One officer ordered, "Drop the  hammer!" At the same time, Defendant raised the hammer and said, "um, nope." Defendant tried to pull the hammer away from Mr. Pelosi, which twisted Mr. Pelosi's arm back. Simultaneously, Mr. Pelosi pleaded, "hey, hey, hey!" The officer asked again, "what is going on here?" But Mr. Pelosi could not maintain his grip on the hammer. A second later, Defendant wrenched the hammer away from Mr. Pelosi, immediately stepped back, and lunged at Mr. Pelosi, striking Mr. Pelosi in the head at full force with the hammer, which knocked Mr. Pelosi unconscious. The officers rushed into the house, tackled Defendant and disarmed him. Mr. Pelosi remained unresponsive for about three minutes, waking up in a pool of his own blood.

So, DePape takes Pelosi downstairs to retrieve his backpack and tie up Pelosi. He then comes at Pelosi with the hammer, who grabs the hammer to stop him. The officers arrive and Pelosi is able to open the door with one arm. The police officers see Pelosi and DePape engaged in a struggle with the hammer, which DePape then wrests away and hits him with.

This all seems pretty straightforward. Crazy guy gets lucky that security is lax (likely due to the fact that the Speaker was not at home and it was 2am), breaks in, and eventually attacks Pelosi before being stopped by the cops.

I am honestly not sure what other explanation seems more likely than that.

Edited by ChiGoose

21 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The most likely scenario is that a crazy person broke into the house to harm the Speaker of the House.

The Pelosi house is right on the street, it's not a heavily fortified compound. It really seems that the Capitol Police dropped the ball. Whoever was supposed to be monitoring the feed (if it is indeed supposed to be monitored 24/7) failed in their job. Maybe they were bored and distracted. Maybe they fell asleep.

I'm reading the court filing and I'm not seeing where Pelosi went back into the home after opening the door. Here is the section when the police arrive (Page 6, starting at line 18) :

So, DePape takes Pelosi downstairs to retrieve his backpack and tie up Pelosi. He then comes at Pelosi with the hammer, who grabs the hammer to stop him. The officers arrive and Pelosi is able to open the door with one arm. The police officers see Pelosi and DePape engaged in a struggle with the hammer, which DePape then wrests away and hits him with.

This all seems pretty straightforward. Crazy guy gets lucky that security is lax (likely due to the fact that the Speaker was not at home and it was 2am), breaks in, and eventually attacks Pelosi before being stopped by the cops.

I am honestly not sure what other explanation seems more likely than that.

You forgot to mention these guys being in their underwear.

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

So, one thing we could do, is take a couple of minutes to look into this and read the actual sworn court filings. That would show us that this reporting appears to be incorrect in stating the Pelosi went back inside after opening the door. That might also explain why the video was taken down: the reporter misstated the facts alleged in the case.

Or we can do the whole "just asking questions" BS that pervades this board wherein we don't necessarily posit a position but we question the "official narrative" but do absolutely no work and require everyone else to disprove vague insinuations.

I see you went with latter option.

If you wish to act in good faith and actually try to learn what is going on with the case, I would suggest reading the recent court filing detailing the facts of the case. It's just 10 pages long, and the facts section is only about four.

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

You forgot to mention these guys being in their underwear.

It's four pages dude. Just read it. Don't make me do your work for you.

So either there was something hinky going on between Pelosi and the hammer guy or the cops who responded are incompetent. Someone is trying to CYA.

Edited by Wacka

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

So either there was something hinky going on between Pelosi and the hammer guy or the cops who responded are incompetent. Someone is trying to CYA.

There is absolutely no evidence at all about anything going on between Pelosi and DePape other than the assault, and there is plenty of evidence against it.

Whoever was in charge of security at the house, however, has a lot of explaining to do.

5 hours ago, Brueggs said:

How does one twist them self into such a pretzel?

How are you so defensive of this situation?  The media put out so much, so fast, that no one truly knows what's going on.  Probably on purpose.

One thing for sure though, that mansion has state of the art security whether Nancy was home or not.  That, all on its own, raises a lot of legitimate questions.

Maybe you missed the simple question I asked.

You said, "Police caught on hot mic stating that they will not correct the perception he is a right winger by stating fact that he is an illegal alien nudist activist. "

Do you have a link for this hot mic claim? 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Still hanging on to the underwear-wearing aspect of the attacker? 

This is why people like you have no credibility. 

There are very few houses I could not break into if I was willing to break a window. 

Maybe he took 3 steps back inside to show the cops where the guy was. Guy then rushes Pelosi and hits him with the hammer. It doesn't take a lot of hammer blows to send someone to the hospital. 1 in fact would do the trick. Just because you don't understand doesn't make it fishy. But man, you all can spin tales out of nothing. 

Just now, JDHillFan said:

If we’ve learned anything from the Trump/Biden years it’s DON’T be skeptical. Right?

🤦‍♂️🙈

Skepticism is good. These vague insinuations supported by shoddy reporting I'm seeing all over this thread is not skepticism, it's just being partisan hacks (not saying this is you, but there's a ton of it on this thread).

We know that Pelosi was in boxers and a t-shirt, which makes sense since he was sleeping.

We also know that DePape was wearing shorts, which makes sense since the police removed a bunch of items from his pockets (I don't think underwear with pockets is a very common thing...).

We have two sworn documents attesting to the facts of the case:

The DoJ's original criminal complaint

The motion to detain DePape pending trial

The facts sections of these documents are short and in plain language. Even for people who aren't lawyers, you can just skip all the legal stuff and read the couple of pages of facts. They address basically everything being thrown around in this thread.

The media often gets things wrong in the immediate aftermath of these things. They're in a rush to get the info out first, they might not have a good source, the source might have heard something from someone else instead of witnessing it themselves, etc. So when you have a case like this, the best thing you can do is pull the actual complaints and read them.

• Agree 1