Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

What's your name over there?  Don't ask us to believe that you have denied yourself access to your obsession.

You need DR.  He completes you.

:lol:

I've been wondering where he went since I came back. 

Here I was just assuming he had been arrested for breaking into Nancy Pelosi's house...

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There is a conspiracy theory that Paul Pelosi knew DePape and was involved in an affair with him

As to the facts, here is what we know at this time: Sworn Affidavit against DePape

While we should wait for more details, based on the location of the house, my guess is that he was able to break in from the street as security would be pretty light with the Speaker out of town. Unfortunately, we're not likely to get specifics on how many members of Pelosi's detail are present at the house while she's away since that would compromise security (ironically). 

Why do you refer to it as a Conspiracy?  

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why do you refer to it as a Conspiracy?  

Because there is no evidence of it.

According to the affidavit, Pelosi denied knowing DePape

• "13. Pelosi was interviewed by SFPD Officer Ariane Starks in the ambulance during transport to San Francisco General Hospital. Pelosi stated he had never seen DEPAPE before." (page 4)

Also, DePape stated that he broke into the house with the intent to harm Nancy Pelosi:

• 15,a "DEPAPE stated that he was going to hold Nancy hostage and talk to her. If Nancy were to tell DEPAPE the “truth,” he would let her go, and if she “lied,” he was going to break “her kneecaps.” DEPAPE was certain that Nancy would not have told the “truth.” In the course of the interview, DEPAPE articulated he viewed Nancy as the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party. DEPAPE also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other Members of Congress there were consequences to actions." (page 5)

I think it's good practice to reserve judgment on breaking news stories until we have some good facts. And then as the facts come out, we should always re-examine our priors.

In this instance, we have a sworn statement from an FBI agent disclosing information from the investigation that includes:

• Pelosi stating he did not know DePape
  • DePape saying he broke into the house that night to harm Nancy Pelosi

At this point, that should be enough to discredit any claims that it was actually a gay lovers' quarrel. If facts change, we can always re-examine this, but of the two options:

1. DePape is a stranger to the Pelosi's broke into the house to harm the Speaker
  2. DePape was actually a secret lover of Paul Pelosi's and they got into a fight

anyone still promoting 2 as a likely option is just disclosing that they will reject reality if it is inconvenient to them. Also, I want to be clear that I am not accusing you of this. Just trying to explain why I believe the gay lover claim is a conspiracy theory.

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Because there is no evidence of it.

According to the affidavit, Pelosi denied knowing DePape

• "13. Pelosi was interviewed by SFPD Officer Ariane Starks in the ambulance during transport to San Francisco General Hospital. Pelosi stated he had never seen DEPAPE before." (page 4)

Also, DePape stated that he broke into the house with the intent to harm Nancy Pelosi:

• 15,a "DEPAPE stated that he was going to hold Nancy hostage and talk to her. If Nancy were to tell DEPAPE the “truth,” he would let her go, and if she “lied,” he was going to break “her kneecaps.” DEPAPE was certain that Nancy would not have told the “truth.” In the course of the interview, DEPAPE articulated he viewed Nancy as the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party. DEPAPE also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other Members of Congress there were consequences to actions." (page 5)

I think it's good practice to reserve judgment on breaking news stories until we have some good facts. And then as the facts come out, we should always re-examine our priors.

In this instance, we have a sworn statement from an FBI agent disclosing information from the investigation that includes:

• Pelosi stating he did not know DePape
  • DePape saying he broke into the house that night to harm Nancy Pelosi

At this point, that should be enough to discredit any claims that it was actually a gay lovers' quarrel. If facts, change, we can always re-examine this, but of the two options:

1. DePape is a stranger to the Pelosi's broke into the house to harm the Speaker
  2. DePape was actually a secret lover of Paul Pelosi's and they got into a fight

anyone still promoting 2 as a likely option is just disclosing that they will reject reality if it is inconvenient to them. Also, I want to be clear that I am not accusing you of this. Just trying to explain why I believe the gay lover claim is a conspiracy theory.

I guess maybe you don't know what the word conspiracy means.  

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I guess maybe you don't know what the word conspiracy means.  

This gay lover gone bad thing doesn’t even deserve the name “conspiracy theory.” There’s simply no facts to support it. None. And if it really was a weird gay lover spat, would they be charging the guy with attempted murder? And giving him the chance to put on a defense? If he hangs himself in jail, well, I guess you then have a starting point. Right now it’s just somebody saying “sometimes these kind of late night assaults come from disputes between a gay hooker and his client.” But some people can never accept that sometimes life is random and that not everything is part of a big conspiracy. 

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This gay lover gone bad thing doesn’t even deserve the name “conspiracy theory.” There’s simply no facts to support it. None. And if it really was a weird gay lover spat, would they be charging the guy with attempted murder? And giving him the chance to put on a defense? If he hangs himself in jail, well, I guess you then have a starting point. Right now it’s just somebody saying “sometimes these kind of late night assaults come from disputes between a gay hooker and his client.” But some people can never accept that sometimes life is random and that not everything is part of a big conspiracy. 

I think Pelosi was attacked in his home by a guy who is nutty.  I can’t explain security or lack thereof, why he didn’t hear the door being broken in, or anything else.  It doesn’t matter to me one way or the other. 

However, if it was a spat as you imagined above, I would certainly hope that teh police would charge the guy with attempted murder and every other thing possible under the law.  Why?  The hammer, the head.

Btw, I think, generally, the average citizen would benefit tremendously from the kind of deference shown to the Pelosi family when it comes to the criminal affidavit shared earlier.  

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You don't believe the police, then? 

You're in for the underwear attacker story that has been retracted from the site that first "reported" it? 

If you're basing your judgment about what is true on the number of different reports, I've got bad news for you in the age of Twitter. 

Also you: Here's some conspiracy stuff and I won't admit I bought into it when we now know it's false. 

Have a drink, take it easy, and reflect a bit on who you want to be in the world.   It certainly can be this, but you can do better than this absurd  douchebagery you’re running with. 

I’m sending prayers your way from the high road that you’re not certain I claimed I may or may not be on, sometimes. 

::insert praying hands here::

• Like (+1) 1

Saw great video today where tsomeone had Columbo saying "One more thing..." and then them saying stuff like "If the guy had a hammer and was in his underwear, where did he hide it?"

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Have a drink, take it easy, and reflect a bit on who you want to be in the world.   It certainly can be this, but you can do better than this absurd  douchebagery you’re running with. 

I’m sending prayers your way from the high road that you’re not certain I claimed I may or may not be on, sometimes. 

::insert praying hands here::

Yeah, your high horse condescension move is a “high road.” 

I see you’re back peddling from biting on the conspiracy. You won’t admit you look terrible for doing so but it’s a start. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What underwear story?  What site?  What report?  What retraction?

The story that B-man, Doc and others bought into here.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/alleged-pelosi-intruder-has-manifesto-of-conspiracy-theories-sources

Whups. 

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

My judgement?  See last sentence of my first reply to you.  

This thread is filled with conspiracy conjecture after a nut job attacked an 82 year old man with a hammer. No unity of condemnation or compassion. 

There’s something very, very wrong with the posters in here. 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

I see you’re back peddling from biting on the conspiracy. You won’t admit you look terrible for doing so but it’s a start. 

“One man’s high horse is another man’s Pygmy goat.”

-Ancient Proverb

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

He's showing white flag! 🤣

39 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The cult will lie about everting to distant themselves from the cause and effect of their rhetoric.

MAGA = trash

How is this any different than every other news story? The initial reports are rarely anywhere close to the actual facts. It doesn’t make anyone evil or a member of a cult (as you like to say). It’s just the normal evolution of the facts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

The story that B-man, Doc and others bought into here.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/alleged-pelosi-intruder-has-manifesto-of-conspiracy-theories-sources

Whups. 

So he wasn't in his underwear.  Go blame the sad state of "reporting" these days.

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

But of course!  :lol:

So do they have footage or don't they?  I want to see it and the LEO's body cams.

Just now, Doc said:

So he wasn't in his underwear.  Go blame the sad state of "reporting" these days.

So do they have footage or don't they?  I want to see it and the LEO's body cams.

The article says they have the footage, but the people responsible for watching it missed the break in and had to rewind the tape when they noticed the police flashers at the home.

Therefore one is left to wonder about the timeline. How much critical time was missed between this nutjob breaking in and the 911 call?

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

You bought into a stupid rumor and spread it gleefully. 

Check yourself. But especially check yourself when we're talking about violence at a Congressperson's home.

download.jpg.001fe56dbb80379852c207d736ad447a.jpg

Edited by Sundancer