With the Eagles and Chiefs making roster moves, are the Bills already good enough to stand pat?

tomur67

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm usually not a "let's go out and sign and/or trade for the big names" kind of guy, but these two dudes actually make sense given roster needs.  I'd love to add a good interior offensive lineman as well, but not sure how realistic that is.  These two skill guys are actually available and presumably could be had for a reasonable price.

Hunt's contract is up at the end of the year but looks like they are only looking for a 4th and ours is surely going to be late in the round

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/10/27/browns-asking-price-kareem-hunt-bit-surprising/

4 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Are there any glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed for the Bills to make the run for the Super Bowl? 

I think a better RB would help motor is doing all he can but if they can get Cook fired up then we won't need one as long as they continue to use our FB too he's got the size for the short stuff & has moved he's a good pass catcher .

Leave Moss on the bench JMHO .

Edited by T master

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yes they are. They are good enough to win the SB this year with the personnel they have. It is pretty much why they are the favorites...

Yes, fair. But not good enough to stand pat without exploring addition(s) to the OL at the very least. That’s not to say they can’t win it with the current roster and so you are right.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The problem with K Hunt is the beyond portion.  He is about to enter FA and wants to get paid.

For the OP, I think an RB would be helpful.  If done right, not just for the remainder of this year but to cover next year as well (Singletary will be FA).   My hopes:

Top Choice -AJ Dillon (you heard it here first)- you get the remainder of this year and all next year on his rookie contract.  Can get the tough yard.  During next year if he is a fit you could then extend.  I think he is good and also would be great thunder to the upcoming lightning of Cook.

Then the rentals.  For these rentals I hope Beane keeps it around the 5th he got for Ford.  Probably have to wait out the Rams because they pay more than most and apparently want one.

K Hunt - excellent back but can't give much because FA next year and don't want to be the big bidder

D Montgomery - another rental

C Akers - seems like it would be hard to deal w Rams because of how little they value draft picks.  But seems like he needs to go and a low draft pick (and of course throw in Moss).

For some reason I thought of Dillon too last week.

Power back on a team that is a sinking ship.

I'd be stoked for this move.

Would be like the Pats getting Blount a few years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Yes the Bills should trade for either Hunt/Gibson or Jacobs,  they do not have a legit starting RB on this team and this is why they continue to have Allen run the ball

This is such nonsense.  Motor isn’t a superstar but he’s not the reason our RB run game is stagnant.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jerry Jeudy would be my first pick who's being wasted in Denver.  Rookie contract through next season and Shakir could play that 4th WR role that Davis did for two seasons.  Can play both inside and outside.  Amazing route runner that's a burner.  I'd give up a 2nd and a 6th for him or something like that.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Jerry Jeudy would be my first pick who's being wasted in Denver.  Rookie contract through next season and Shakir could play that 4th WR role that Davis did for two seasons.  Can play both inside and outside.  Amazing route runner that's a burner.  I'd give up a 2nd and a 6th for him or something like that.

also a fantastic idea. He seems like he wants outta there.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

also a fantastic idea. He seems like he wants outta there.

Inconsistent quarterback play and poorly run offensive schemes has hurt his development.  I worry about his drop problems but he didn't have them in college.  I think it would be a medium risk high reward type move (if that makes sense).

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Inconsistent quarterback play and poorly run offensive schemes has hurt his development.  I worry about his drop problems but he didn't have them in college.  I think it would be a medium risk high reward type move (if that makes sense).

Makes perfect sense. Guy was a machine at Alabama and he gets open in Denver; QB is just washed. Yes acquiring him takes game reps from young guys like Shakir which isn’t ideal but if you’re trying to win it all this year yes do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Makes perfect sense. Guy was a machine at Alabama and he gets open in Denver; QB is just washed. Yes acquiring him takes game reps from young guys like Shakir which isn’t ideal but if you’re trying to win it all this year yes do it.

What's appealing with Jeudy is it would be a push for this year and next year.  You could also exercise his 5th year option if he does pop in this offense.  His ability to separate and run after the catch is ideal.  I like Shakir and McKenzie but they can't do this.

• Like (+1) 1

I picture some of ya'll haggling for pennies when you buy your Genessee tall boys.

If Beane thinks there's a move that makes us better you do it.  If that ends up having a higher cost so be it.  Wr, G, Rb.  Eagles just made a bigger move.  We should at least try too.  So far the only costly move was cmc.

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If I am the Bills, I have my eyes on two players and would honestly be trying to get them both...

Trade for Hunt and then sign OBJ.  

I am a big believer in Devin, but Hunt is a top 5 RB as a full time starter.  He is a true 3 down RB who is a great runner and receiver but can also pickup tough yards between the tackles.  Him as the lead and Devin rotating in would an excellent 1-2 punch.  OBJ is depth and insurance and even if not full speed, is at least better than McKenzie or Kumerow.

I would bring both in because both help our football team, but more importantly, we would also be keeping them from a team we might face in the playoffs or Super Bowl.  

But let me be clear...and I am supremely confident in our team as is.  I do not think we MUST make these moves, or any moves.  This is more about how both these trades makes sense in both helping our roster be even better and prevents competitors for the SB this year from getting better.

Well....I like your thoughts a lot!  You have my attention and have changed my thought process.  I agree both help us, depth and keep them from other teams.  I like it.  A 4th round pick and some cap space make this happen.  If it is more than a 4th, I still like it.  

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Right now the media is talking about all sorts of stuff - DE Josh Allen, Kareem Hunt, Chase Claypool. 

I think Odell Beckham might be the best move because of the cap, he's a rental, and there is no assets to give. 

As soon as the report came out that the Steelers view McCaffrey's deal as the starter template for any Claypool trade, my opinion is I'm out on that. 

Hunt, if he was a late-round pick and you could fit him, then I think he could be good on this team. 

And DE Josh Allen? What are the Jags going to want for him, and he joins the rotation probably behind Miller and Rousseau. Feels redundant. 

I'm wondering if the Bills don't try something at Safety to replace Hyde, or if 65.5 Damar Hamlin on PFF is "good enough". 

I also agree with other posters, a quality offensive lineman could really be used as well. 

Claypool, no thanks.

DE Josh Allen, too rich for our deep rotation.

Safety is interesting because I think Hamlin is fine, but, our depth at Safety isn't.

Oline, where do you find one that makes sense with the right dance partner.  And, our Oline is playing better and has some depth.

Safety and one offensive weapon could be the target.

I think our team is good enough to win and should still make moves to make sure we are in the best position to win the Super Bowl!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.