With the Eagles and Chiefs making roster moves, are the Bills already good enough to stand pat?

tomur67

If I am the Bills, I have my eyes on two players and would honestly be trying to get them both...

Trade for Hunt and then sign OBJ.  

I am a big believer in Devin, but Hunt is a top 5 RB as a full time starter.  He is a true 3 down RB who is a great runner and receiver but can also pickup tough yards between the tackles.  Him as the lead and Devin rotating in would an excellent 1-2 punch.  OBJ is depth and insurance and even if not full speed, is at least better than McKenzie or Kumerow.

I would bring both in because both help our football team, but more importantly, we would also be keeping them from a team we might face in the playoffs or Super Bowl.  

But let me be clear...and I am supremely confident in our team as is.  I do not think we MUST make these moves, or any moves.  This is more about how both these trades makes sense in both helping our roster be even better and prevents competitors for the SB this year from getting better.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 12
  • Dislike 1

With 1.6 million in cap space,how much can they do? And just as important, what draft capital would Beane give up?

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If I am the Bills, I have my eyes on two players and would honestly be trying to get them both...

Trade for Hunt and then sign OBJ.  

I am a big believer in Devin, but Hunt is a top 5 RB as a full time starter.  He is a true 3 down RB who is a great runner and receiver but can also pickup tough yards between the tackles.  Him as the lead and Devin rotating in would an excellent 1-2 punch.  OBJ is depth and insurance and even if not full speed, is at least better than McKenzie or Kumerow.

I would bring both in because both help our football team, but more importantly, we would also be keeping them from a team we might face in the playoffs or Super Bowl.  

But let me be clear...and I am supremely confident in our team as is.  I do not think we MUST make these moves, or any moves.  This is more about how both these trades makes sense in both helping our roster be even better and prevents competitors for the SB this year from getting better.

How will you pay for these two with about 1.6 million cap space?

They could improve at RG, LG, and RT.  But at what cost?  Would I give a No1 for Quenton Nelson?  Yes in a heart beat.  I'm not sure there is another guard that would be that much better than what we have.  

I really don't understand the OBJ talk.  At best he would be a big body possession receiver.  Who wants or needs that?

Beane made the moves in the off-season and White is coming back.  This is our team.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

With 1.6 million in cap space,how much can they do? And just as important, what draft capital would Beane give up?

How will you pay for these two with about 1.6 million cap space?

We can easily free up enough cap space to fit both.  Hunt wont cost much and we can do an incentive based deal with OBJ

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They could improve at RG, LG, and RT.  But at what cost?  Would I give a No1 for Quenton Nelson?  Yes in a heart beat.  I'm not sure there is another guard that would be that much better than what we have.  

I really don't understand the OBJ talk.  At best he would be a big body possession receiver.  Who wants or needs that?

Beane made the moves in the off-season and White is coming back.  This is our team.  

Almost every team is in need of upgrades along the offensive line. The teams that have good offensive lineman aren't trading them away

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Are there any glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed for the Bills to make the run for the Super Bowl? 

I don't think there are glaring weaknesses at present.  The problem is always will something arise later on in the season, when we can't address it by trade.

I think there are places we could improve.  It was notable to me at the Halloween party, Ike Boettger was still using a crutch.  OL would be my top ask.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I agree, and that's why I said "at what cost"?  

Yeah, I think they certainly can makes a move or two at the skill positions, but I think we are going to have to wait until the offseason to address the Oline. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.