Show off your Bills collection thread

Einstein

Thought this could be a fun thread to show off the Bills stuff you've collected over the years and other cool Bills stuff you do.

I'll start.

Random memorabilia including Flutie Flakes, a game-worn John Brown jersey, and a signed Jim Kelly helmet. Not pictured: Signed Josh Allen jersey.

IMG-4164.jpg

IMG-4162.jpg

IMG-4161.jpg

And these are my holiday decorations (sometimes people stop by and take photos in front of the giant Go Bills sign). If you have seen the sign, feel free to post your pic from it! I'd realllyyyy like to add a giant lombardi trophy next to it. There are other Bills fans on my street and I love seeing their decorations too.

263270520-10102702948487067-455803131688

262805658-10102702948517007-759892845656

Person for scale:

IMG-0868.jpg

Your turn. I look forward to seeing your collection!

Go Bills.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Thought this could be a fun thread to show off the Bills stuff you've collected over the years and other cool Bills stuff you do.

I'll start.

Random memorabilia including Flutie Flakes, a game-worn John Brown jersey, and a signed Jim Kelly helmet. Not pictured: Signed Josh Allen jersey.

IMG-4164.jpg

IMG-4162.jpg

IMG-4161.jpg

And these are my holiday decorations (sometimes people stop by and take photos in front of the giant Go Bills sign). If you have seen the sign, feel free to post your pic from it! I'd realllyyyy like to add a giant lombardi trophy next to. 

263270520-10102702948487067-455803131688

262805658-10102702948517007-759892845656

Your turn. I look forward to seeing your collection!

Go Bills.

How did you get that design projected onto your house? I want that now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

How did you get that design projected onto your house? I want that now. 

With a gigantic projector of course! The smaller/regular ones don't have the lumens to accomplish the job.

This is a large venue projector. Christie DHD775-E with a short throw lens. 

I created the box and assembled all the wiring. The box, insulation, fans, and warming cables are important - its a delicate act between keeping the enclosure warm enough so that nothing freezes, but not too warm so that anything starts to malfunction. In general, electronics typically like cold more than warmth.

IMG-4167.jpg

You can watch games on the house too. Here is when we bashed the Saints into the dirt last year (after Knox scored):

IMG-4165.jpg

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

With a gigantic projector of course!

This is a large venue projector. Christie DHD775-E with a short throw lens.

I created the box and assembled all the wiring.

IMG-4167.jpg

You can watch games on the house too. Here is when we bashed the Saints into the dirt last year (after Knox scored):

IMG-4165.jpg

Is that piece of copper meant to be a ferrite for the power cord?

Just now, The Wiz said:

Is that piece of copper meant to be a ferrite for the power cord?

That's a good guess but its actually a make-shift temperature probe for a warming cable. When the copper reaches 38 degrees, the sensor triggers the warming cable looped on the lid of the box to turn on.

When the copper reaches 50 degrees, it turns back off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

That's a good guess but its actually a make-shift temperature probe for a warming cable. When the copper reaches 38 degrees, the sensor triggers the warming cable looped on the lid of the box to turn on.

Really an amazing design.  I'm actually kind of surprised you even need to have the heating because of how much heat the projector can puts off.

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Really an amazing design.  I'm actually kind of surprised you even need to have the heating because of how much heat the projector can puts off.

Thank you. And you're right. The projector puts out so much heat that when it's on, the fans you see mounted on the side of the box have to turn on and pull the heat out or the projector will overheat and turn off.

The warming probe and heating cable is for when the projector is off (I never bring it inside as it's 100+ pounds with all the equipment).

Here is a video of part of the show. It’ll be better this year, since I’ll be putting reflective material on the house that shows the colors much better. You can see in the video how the colors get washed out when it’s projected on the windows. That won’t happen this year, so the show should be much better and more vivid.

This video was actually taken before I worked out some of the issues.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 10

You're right. The projector puts out so much heat that when it's on, the fans you see mounted on the side of the box have to turn on and pull the heat out or the projector will overheat and turn off.

The warming probe and heating cable is for when the projector is off (I never bring it inside as it's 100+ pounds with all the equipment).

Makes more sense now.   I can imagine a melted snow circle around it while it's in use. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You really are a friggin Einstein. 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.