Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs for picks

wolfpack78

Tyreek Hill is a great receiver who left Mahomes and is still leading the league in receiving yards.  Kadarius Toney is a guy who had one impressive game and can't sniff the field otherwise.  

Being a fast WR who gets put on the Chiefs doesn't turn Kadarius Toney into Tyreek Hill.  If that worked they wouldn't need him because Mecole Hardman would already have become HIll.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If you read my post accurately, I said, "other than the Rams".

Hey, I've already said adding a guy like OBJ could be a good move.

Trading for some guy using draft picks and taking on big money is not a great move IMO.

Let's see what Beane does by Tuesday.

Your logic is entirely flawed.  Name me a consequential deadline deal...except Von Miller.  Come on dude.  As I said, the league is changing and contenders need to find advantages.  The trade deadline is one of them now whether you like it or not.   

Besides, the investment fans have into their favorite team is infinitesimal compared to the people working for the organization.  This is the year to make a SB win happen.  And Josh deserves having the players on offense to get there because it's clear he is good enough.  

The Rams won a SB last year and haven't had a 1st round pick since 2016.  Sure, you don't give up a high pick for just anyone, but come on.  

Audentes iuvat fortuna.   

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Your logic is entirely flawed.  Name me a consequential deadline deal...except Von Miller.  Come on dude.  As I said, the league is changing and contenders need to find advantages.  The trade deadline is one of them now whether you like it or not.   

Besides, the investment fans have into their favorite team is infinitesimal compared to the people working for the organization.  This is the year to make a SB win happen.  And Josh deserves having the players on offense to get there because it's clear he is good enough.  

The Rams won a SB last year and haven't had a 1st round pick since 2016.  Sure, you don't give up a high pick for just anyone, but come on.  

Audentes iuvat fortuna.   

Wow.  You obviously need a direct line to Beane.  Sorry I upset you so much.

8 hours ago, BillsVet said:

When has loading up on defense been proven as a reliable strategy in the playoffs to stop a very good or better offense?  

The Bills have beaten KC in the regular season twice in a row.  A solid pass rush helps, but a team that sits tight at the deadline with SB aspirations makes me wonder.  

Not saying we should load up on defense. I agree with you we are good there.

Will always take a weapon on offense for the right cost. Ultimately I trust Beane so if we sit tight I feel really good with the roster we have.

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That's all fair, but as a Bills fan I dont care how you guys perform against other defenses. Tyreek Hill being traded away makes it much easier for our defense to stop you, and we saw that two weeks ago. I would argue that the improvement in offensive DVOA from last year to this year is more about Mahomes not inexplicably forgetting how to play QB like he did over a several game stretch last year. He's back at his usual elite level, but even playing at that level we were able to hold you to 20 points. In the long term the trade makes sense, in the short term it makes you less likely to win a Super Bowl this year.

I agree that no Tyreek makes the Chiefs easier for Buffalo to stop. But KC still moved the ball just fine vs the Bills in the game a few weeks ago. The Chiefs went 6.3 yards per play. The 24-20 final was a bit misleading on the whole. Both teams had a redzone turnover. KC missed a FG. Each team only got nine real possessions. The final score probably should have been something closer to 31-30. 

KC YPP vs Bills last five meetings (since 2020): 

6.3 (Week 6)

48 minutes ago, beebe said:

I agree that no Tyreek makes the Chiefs easier for Buffalo to stop. But KC still moved the ball just fine vs the Bills in the game a few weeks ago. The Chiefs went 6.3 yards per play. The 24-20 final was a bit misleading on the whole. Both teams had a redzone turnover. KC missed a FG. Each team only got nine real possessions. The final score probably should have been something closer to 31-30. 

KC YPP vs Bills last five meetings (since 2020): 

6.3 (Week 6)

You can play this ifs and buts game every week. Going 1-1 on long FG attempts is not unusual. JuJu Smith-Schuster breaking 3 tackles to score a 41 yard TD is unusual. Both teams had sloppy redzone turnovers so that's a wash. I'd say the final score ended right where it should. You guys threw some blitzes at us that we took too long to adjust to. Our defense just played its normal game and forced you into long drives. That's the difference compared to the divisional game. You don't have Tyreek to sprint 60 yards for a TD and Mahomes can't simply escape the pressure we put on him. I'm elated that Tyreek was traded, even though it was to our division rival it's still a big net positive for our Super Bowl chances.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

4D chess by Daboll and Schoen to screw the Bills!

In all seriousness though, this is a very questionable move by KC giving up that much for a guy who some have already wrote off as a bust (including the aforementioned new Giants regime obviously).

He's a bust because his QB has sucked to this point.  Sure he's been injured, but it's pretty easy to assume that the Chiefs are going to get a lot more from him than the Giants could.

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

You can play this ifs and buts game every week. Going 1-1 on long FG attempts is not unusual. JuJu Smith-Schuster breaking 3 tackles to score a 41 yard TD is unusual. Both teams had sloppy redzone turnovers so that's a wash. I'd say the final score ended right where it should. You guys threw some blitzes at us that we took too long to adjust to. Our defense just played its normal game and forced you into long drives. That's the difference compared to the divisional game. You don't have Tyreek to sprint 60 yards for a TD and Mahomes can't simply escape the pressure we put on him. I'm elated that Tyreek was traded, even though it was to our division rival it's still a big net positive for our Super Bowl chances.

Completely agree. We can sit here and talk stats all day. The most important point imo is that Tyreek can score a TD from anywhere on the field. That threat is always real. No current Chiefs player poses that threat. And thats a bonus for anyone who plays the Chiefs

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's a bust because his QB has sucked to this point.  Sure he's been injured, but it's pretty easy to assume that the Chiefs are going to get a lot more from him than the Giants could.

This has been said about every talented WR that failed on a bad offense. Sammy Watkins. Kenny Golladay. Allen Robinson. Etc. Eventually you just have to accept the player isn't any good or doesn't have the right attitude to be successful.

11 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Not saying we should load up on defense. I agree with you we are good there.

Will always take a weapon on offense for the right cost. Ultimately I trust Beane so if we sit tight I feel really good with the roster we have.

Back to the topic at hand...I do not know if Kadarius Toney will exponentially help the KC offense.  It does demonstrate they foresee a need to improve at WR to support their franchise QB.

I'd like to see Buffalo add another outside WR at the deadline.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This has been said about every talented WR that failed on a bad offense. Sammy Watkins. Kenny Golladay. Allen Robinson. Etc. Eventually you just have to accept the player isn't any good or doesn't have the right attitude to be successful.

We concluded that about those guys after more than 1.5 seasons.

First, Josh Allen is a better QB than Patrick Mahomes.  Josh is great at spreading the ball around during the course of the game.   However, Mahomes is without peer in spreading the ball around during a single play.   I do not think adding Toney to the Bills roster changes the Bills dynamic, nearly as much as it changes the Chiefs dynamic. Josh needs Toney less than Mahomes does.  And Mahomes can probably do more with that type of player than Allen. 

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The annual Chiefs get some player during the season and then he does next to nothing...

Laveon Bell, Shady, Josh Gordon and now Toney...

Likely will have 15-20 catches for them.

Yea, this is my first reaction to the news. Only difference is Toney is not an “over the hill vet”.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.