Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs for picks

wolfpack78

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He was a deep threat before Jones became his qb, but even more important than that, he's a homeowner threat anytime he touches the ball.

Mind blowing they didn't find a way to scheme him touches, Reid will make that work. He'll always be the fastest guy on the field and he's more slippery than tyreek.

Too bad for him he's a complete moronnnnnnn

Is he doing his own electrical work?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Think the character concerns are overblown… He’s been questioned about his playing time by the press and he’s handled it very well suggesting wins are all that matter. 

THAT’s why you think the character concerns are overblown?  ROFL!!!  Splash some water on your face and have someone slap some sense into you.  Because he didn’t have a melt down when answered some questions.

Not knowing the playbook.  Not attending OTA’s. Poor meeting behavior.  Driving around college with a loaded AK.  Painting an air soft gun to look like an AK and pointing it at people.  Always injured.  Several opinions stating that his rap career is more important than his football career.  Schoen and Dabol not wanting anything to do with him.  

But ok.  Sounds and looks like a mini Sammy watkins to me.  Always broken head case that doesn’t have his priorities in order.  Maybe a change of scenery can change things around for the kid?  I wouldn’t spend a 3rd and 6th on him.  No one else would either.  

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Seems to me this trade is a direct result of our game at Arrowhead 11 days ago.  It’s an arms race, and the Chiefs saw that they were losing.  Your move, Beane…

Does McD agree with giving up picks to improve the offense at the deadline is what I think this comes down to.  I don't know.

Their last attempt at a deadline deal was the move for Kelvin Benjamin 5 years ago.  Perhaps they feel comfortable again, but I think there's a prevailing mindset at OBD that Josh and their receiver group are enough.  I hope this is inaccurate, but so far their investment at WR and on the OL the past 2 off-seasons indicates a certain contentment with their guys.        

22 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

This trade tells me more about Sky Moore and Hardman than it does about Toney.  If either one of those two guys were playing well, the Chiefs would not have taken this kind of gamble.  I also believe that the Chiefs have come to the realization that they need to score more points to offset some obvious deficiencies on their defense.  This may also be an indication that KC is off OBJ's list of potential destinations and Toney is their plan "B".

Really doesn't matter what it says about underperformers.  Chiefs paid a price to acquire a guy they think will flourish in that scheme.  Kelce, Juju, Scantling, and Toney is a lot for any defense to matchup against. As for the offensive investment, Reid has the pull in that organization like McD does at OBD.  They build their teams based on the favored side of the ball.  

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Kadarius is a good dude. Character issues my ass.

I wanted him bad :(

I been wanting this dude for 2 years, exactly the piece to dynamically change this offense. I knew it was never going to happen, buttttt every report I've seen is pretty contradictory to "good dude"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Really doesn't matter what it says about underperformers.  Chiefs paid a price to acquire a guy they think will flourish in that scheme.  Kelce, Juju, Scantling, and Toney is a lot for any defense to matchup against. As for the offensive investment, Reid has the pull in that organization like McD does at OBD.  They build their teams based on the favored side of the ball.  

Those 4 players dont really scare me more than what they had when we played in week 5.  We played the 3-2-6 with Siran Neal and were fine with Hardman in for Toney.  I think we can still run that defense and have success running 2 man or cover 1 lurk.  Beyond that I think with Tre back we can replace Siran with Benford as the 6th DB.  I think were too good in nickel and dime and people are gonna really need to be clever to get us out of those personnel packages.  

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Think the character concerns are overblown… He’s been questioned about his playing time by the press and he’s handled it very well suggesting wins are all that matter. 

100% 

I've followed him closely. He takes no ***** from the media who tried sucking him into clapping back.

He's just got a nagging hammy that's no doubt fine now he's at KC.

This wasn't a 2022 move for the Chiefs. This was a 2023-2025 move. They get Toney cheap. Reports surfaced before the '21 draft that GM Veach loved him. Now he gets his guy and he fills a need for next year (goodbye Hardman.) The Chiefs are probably happier with Toney than any receiver they could have drafted next year.

Historically, new WRs take time to acclimate to Andy's offense (it's no surprise Skyy Moore has started slow.) I can't think of many who have come in and made instant impacts. Reportedly, this addition doesn't take the Chiefs out of play for OBJ either. (The trade for Toney might have in part been motivated by the 450k the Chiefs just saved from Frank Clark's two-game suspension.)

The net of the Chiefs Tyreek Hill trade is starting to look really smart. The Chiefs have reloaded in a major way and look super healthy for another 5-year run.

They added four rookies who look like they'll be long-term impactful — DE Karlaftis and CB McDuffie and WR Moore and CB Watson — and they are already using three other defenders in the rotation from the '22 draft (CB Williams made the INT last week vs 49ers; LB Chenel and S Cook have both played significant snaps.)

KC's cap situation is fantastic: Next year the Chiefs have the 13th most cap space (and will be able to free up more space). Mahomes' deal is super team friendly and can be easily reworked. They have all their picks next year (actually a few extras). Had they kept Tyreek, they'd have almost no flexibility, and would not have been able to stockpile as much draft capital as they have. 

Oh, and then the obvious: KC's offense is #1 DVOA offense in the entire league. They lead in PPG despite playing many good defenses (Bills #1; Bucs #5; 49ers #7, Colts #11; and Chargers D pre injuries piling up.) The Tyreek Hill departure makes them less scary on offense, but it hasn't made them less efficient to date. And in theory, the new crop of WRs are just getting chemistry down with Mahomes. It's very early. 

Edited by beebe
edit
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Who?

I explained in a later reply. Meant for malcontents and trouble makers not for reclamation projects.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What are you referring to when you say, "Guys like this"?

Guys who are malcontents who have troubled pasts

59 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lets not forget about the AR-15 the cops caught him with in his car at UF. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Those 4 players dont really scare me more than what they had when we played in week 5.  We played the 3-2-6 with Siran Neal and were fine with Hardman in for Toney.  I think we can still run that defense and have success running 2 man or cover 1 lurk.  Beyond that I think with Tre back we can replace Siran with Benford as the 6th DB.  I think were too good in nickel and dime and people are gonna really need to be clever to get us out of those personnel packages.  

When has loading up on defense been proven as a reliable strategy in the playoffs to stop a very good or better offense?  

The Bills have beaten KC in the regular season twice in a row.  A solid pass rush helps, but a team that sits tight at the deadline with SB aspirations makes me wonder.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

As a few have already mentioned -  This is more about 2023 than now.

As of now, JuJu and Hardman are both free agents.  MAYBE KC signs up JuJu...but I dont see him and Hardman...and mabye both aren't back.

So that leaves for2023 as of today -

MVS

Skyy Moore

Justyn Ross (remember that guy?  major talent from Clemson, but lisfranc foot problems.  KC put him on IR for the year to get him back to 100pct for 2023)

Toney

That's it.  IF any of those dudes hit, KC will have cheap, but talented WR group.  Maybe it works, maybe not, but the idea here is .....you have Mahomes....he makes cheap WR talent work, so you can spend your money on things Mahomes can't affect....like D-line.  Or ...maybe a trade for Tunsil....

For now, Toney could very well be the punt return man...KC has not done well with that. 

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

As a few have already mentioned -  This is more about 2023 than now.

As of now, JuJu and Hardman are both free agents.  MAYBE KC signs up JuJu...but I dont see him and Hardman...and mabye both aren't back.

So that leaves for2023 as of today -

MVS

Skyy Moore

Justyn Ross (remember that guy?  major talent from Clemson, but lisfranc foot problems.  KC put him on IR for the year to get him back to 100pct for 2023)

Toney

That's it.  IF any of those dudes hit, KC will have cheap, but talented WR group.  Maybe it works, maybe not, but the idea here is .....you have Mahomes....he makes cheap WR talent work, so you can spend your money on things Mahomes can't affect....like D-line.  Or ...maybe a trade for Tunsil....

For now, Toney could very well be the punt return man...KC has not done well with that. 

I have more faith in Justyn Ross being a player in the NFL than I do Toney. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.