Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s definitely the direction things are heading these days. Smaller stadiums with nicer amenities. Gone are the days where people are going to sit on a wood bench and bring their own sandwiches. 

I don't like that they sacrificed the corner endzone seats.  Why?  Is that where the standing room will be?  I would rather have the full seats and have a walking concourse behind the scoreboard for the freeloaders.  

If they were making it 10k less seats for some other reason, okay, but I feel like those gaps stick out like a sore thumb

42 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I honestly thought people were joking about the Buffalo statues outside the stadium.  Holy good god.  What a joke.  Taxpayer money for a platform for drunk morons to jump and get hurt every game.   

Do you always breathe through your mouth, or just when you come here?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't like that they sacrificed the corner endzone seats.  Why?  Is that where the standing room will be?  I would rather have the full seats and have a walking concourse behind the scoreboard for the freeloaders.  

If they were making it 10k less seats for some other reason, okay, but I feel like those gaps stick out like a sore thumb

Virgil, it’s yet another reason why releasing a single static view isn’t a good idea. People are being forced to make judgements based on that one rendering. You’ll notice that I’ve refrained. In an age of too much information the Bills have unfortunately blundered into providing way, way too little. I’m hoping they fill in the public….and fast! 

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

if it’s a direct copy of Tottenham Hotspur, then I am 1000% on board. 

if it’s a stripped down version of that stadium because they needed to cut cost, and because Buffalo there is where I start to have issue. 

what’s another 20-25 million when you’re spending 1.2 billion 

What major difference would an extra 2% of the total cost make?

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

Something to show on game broadcasts other than the Falls and wings getting tossed. 

I think it would be cool if you could put some tokens in them and go for a ride. A bigger version of what we had outside the A&P as a kid! Throw in some alcohol, and it could be VERY entertaining! What could go wrong?  🤷‍♂️

For sure.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Are you saying this looks like the current stadium? Because that’s weird.

If I was to nitpick anything it’s that the renderings give off a very shiny, modern vibe to an area that is distinctly not that style. 

My sense is that it would feel kind of off in OP. I could see a stadium like this in a place like Chicago with tremendous amounts of great architecture. Hopefully I’m wrong.

More seeing the inside

9 hours ago, SDS said:

If we take our cue from Miami, the rain off the roof should funnel down and drip right over the visitors bench.

It should be like our old seats at the Rockpile. We were under the roof, exactly where the seam was. On a rainy day it came down on us like a firehouse trying to break up a riot! 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You just know Tua would get back on backwards.

A little kinky, maybe, but who am I to judge?  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, vincec said:

Your basic budget level stadium in 2023. Nothing inspiring. Certainly pales in comparison to the last few new NFL venues like SoFi, Allegiant or Mercedes-Benz Stadiums.

More comparable to Levi's Stadium in San Fran. Simply for playing/watching football in and not breaking the bank. Fiscally responsible, since a lot of it is public money. SoFi was what, $5 billion? With all private money. Others over $2 billion with public money included.

Pegulas are looking out for Buffalo and keeping the Bills there, while also enhancing the tailgating/game day experience. Politicians wanted a huge stadium and much more money-wasting, with little-to-no tailgating in downtown location.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

More comparable to Levi's Stadium in San Fran. Simply for playing/watching football in and not breaking the bank. Fiscally responsible, since a lot of it is public money. SoFi was what, $5 billion? With all private money. Others over $2 billion with public money included.

Seems comparable to MetLife as well.  Do not need a crown jewel. 

• Vomit 1

5 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

players and the league have changed. Most players want comfort and zero weather impact. 

Well players could offer to contribute buying PSLs for their cheering sections but since they are more interested in getting paid than comfort they will not.

19 minutes ago, vincec said:

Your basic budget level stadium in 2023. Nothing inspiring. Certainly pales in comparison to the last few new NFL venues like SoFi, Allegiant or Mercedes-Benz Stadiums.

They are not building it for a Superbowl just a Superbowl celebration.

Win a Superbowl and then use prize money to spruce it up a bit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.