Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is true, but stadiums are people magnets and even though they’re limited use, they still draw people to a certain geographic area where they tend to spend money. I know all those bar and restaurant owners are glad as hell to have Sabres fans coming back downtown since the pandemic. At the very least, it would only add to the downtown economy, however small that level of addition might be. I’m a big believer in dollar velocity.

I have high dollar velocity.  Money flies out of my wallet like a bat out of hell.

• Haha (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, boyst said:

if they need to do anything they need to a get a light rail system or preferably a monorail.

this can shuttle from downtown points and points outside of the area to the game.

CLT has done good with this and the Panthers

Have you NOT remembered the last light rail fiasco in BFLo?

That's one long haul on a monorail to Downtown BFLo. 😆 

6 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

So, what I wrote "infuriated" you?

Good grief, mate.

Are you suggesting that Buffalo should have a flash stadium like some of the others in the NFL?  (Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Dallas...)

If so, you are either totally delusion, or haven't traveled much.

In my post, I wrote, "It suits our team and the area.  It's nothing 'over-the-top', but is very practical, with a modern, clean feel to it."  

That really infuriated you?

There's already an uproar with how much of this will be publicly funded.  How do you think the situation would be for an even more expensive stadium at taxpayers expense?

Let me ask you... what were you expecting from the new stadium?

I wish there was a Billionaire Bills fan that builds the team a $10B stadium as part of his hobby. Luxury seats for everyone!

• Like (+1) 1

A downtown stadium, as I understand it, very likely would have required significant use of eminent domain.  

Personally, I do not support that sort of draconian government action for a sports stadium. 

Also, the incremental $600M cannot be hand-waved off as 'worth it'. Where was that money going to come from? 

37 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is true, but stadiums are people magnets and even though they’re limited use, they still draw people to a certain geographic area where they tend to spend money. I know all those bar and restaurant owners are glad as hell to have Sabres fans coming back downtown since the pandemic. At the very least, it would only add to the downtown economy, however small that level of addition might be. I’m a big believer in dollar velocity.

Football is 8 or 9 games out of the year. Not like baseball, basketball, hockey... And we're talking about a huge capacity/cost football facility compared to a relatively small capacity/cost hockey facility. The cost/benefit is not comparable. It's apples and oranges.

I'm sure the Bills would love to build a wonderful 20k seat, $250 mil multi-use facility in downtown Buffalo...you know...if that was the reality of the NFL. But it's not. That's hockey. Two different worlds.

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Football is 8 or 9 games out of the year. Not like baseball, basketball, hockey... And we're talking about a huge capacity/cost football facility compared to a relatively small capacity/cost hockey facility. The cost/benefit is not comparable. It's apples and oranges.

I'm sure the Bills would love to build a wonderful 20k seat, $250 mil multi-use facility in downtown Buffalo...you know...if that was the reality of the NFL. But it's not. That's hockey. Two different worlds.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. 

Whatever cost benefit, no matter how little, would be better realized in a populated downtown urban environment than it is out in the sticks. Speaking of two different worlds, that’s what we have with Orchard Park and Buffalo. 

I have no desire to hash and rehash yet again the pros and cons of stadium location. It should have been downtown 50 years ago and it should be downtown today, economic impact notwithstanding. That is an immovable position for me.

Yours and others’ mileage may vary.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/27/2022 at 7:17 AM, saundena said:

No red endzones, fail!

In all seriousness, I like it.  I wish the capacity was a bit larger (more screaming fans = louder game day experience).  The bills usually sell out so the decision to reduce capacity is a bit curious.

I wonder if the architects and engineers will build in some sort of "advantage" to maximize crowd noise like in Seattle, or orient the stadium relative to the lake to maximize wind swirl, etc.

Finally, I hope they figure out a way to honor Ralph in some way.

omg lol...you are joking i hope. All the talk and design ideas were heavily slanted to design out the wind issues that ruin games. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by cba fan

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. 

Whatever cost benefit, no matter how little, would be better realized in a populated downtown urban environment than it is out in the sticks. Speaking of two different worlds, that’s what we have with Orchard Park and Buffalo. 

I have no desire to hash and rehash yet again the pros and cons of stadium location. It should have been downtown 50 years ago and it should be downtown today, economic impact notwithstanding. That is an immovable position for me.

Yours and others’ mileage may vary.

Complaining about the location of the stadium invites having the obvious pointed out. Complaining about no dome or only 65% coverage would be more worthwhile...

On 10/27/2022 at 8:17 AM, saundena said:

No red endzones, fail!

In all seriousness, I like it.  I wish the capacity was a bit larger (more screaming fans = louder game day experience).  The bills usually sell out so the decision to reduce capacity is a bit curious.

I wonder if the architects and engineers will build in some sort of "advantage" to maximize crowd noise like in Seattle, or orient the stadium relative to the lake to maximize wind swirl, etc.

Finally, I hope they figure out a way to honor Ralph in some way.

Well apparently the seats are designed in a way that will cascade sound down onto the field so there will be some sound enhancement there...

And honestly those 6700 people in the Indy and Baltimore playoff games in the COVID year showed you don't need a huge crowd for our stadium to be rocking and loud.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I was one of the fans that wanted a dome but knew it was going to be open and accept it.  I like the looks of it.  It looks very modern and its eye appealing.  It also looks as if fans will still have the awesome site lines that we have all enjoyed in the current stadium.  The only dislike, and I think this is probably just because its a rendering, is the endzone scoreboard.  I think they could do better there.

57 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Alaskan arctic grass?

Is it possible to have heated seats?

I hear it could be a cross of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bench and Northern California Sinsemilla.

😀

Edited by Bad Things
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Complaining about the location of the stadium invites having the obvious pointed out. Complaining about no dome or only 65% coverage would be more worthwhile...

There’s no use in complaining, which is why I was merely pointing out yet another in a string of really poor economic and development mistakes made by Erie county and city of Buffalo leadership for decades. There’s a difference between complaining and lamenting. 

And I could give a rat’s ass about domes or what percentage of seats are covered. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I hear it could be a cross of bluegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bench and northern California Sinsemilla.

😀

image.thumb.jpeg.22ea29f1f3a4980023f96af8dc6832d3.jpeg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.