Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Jukester said:

What’s off to me is how underwhelming this rendering release is as far as views and details. Two pictures after all this time and all the hype?? Horrible horrible marketing. Instead of pumping up the fans with excitement, many of us are left with more questions. Honestly these pictures aren’t too different than the generic ones they released when Populous was announced. Why not wait til you have more to release like interior, suites, overhead, and 360 degree interactive views. I’m still confident the stadium is going to be fantastic (a little worried about the canopy) but just can’t believe they blew the rendering release this badly. 

I think it's actually good marketing.  The plans are not 100% final - I believe that was stated right up front.  Folks have been waiting with anticipation for awhile, so letting out a couple of renderings starts to give folks a sense that it is a real thing.  As I've looked thru the comments I get the feeling that MOST (not all) of the folks on THIS message board in fact like it.  Of course folks have questions - that goes with the territory.  After being in marketing for over 30 years, I think it was smart to give out a little taste now instead of letting out ALL the full details (that you may want), when in all likelhood, a lot of those details aren't even complete yet.  Have patience my friend - we'll all get what we want in the end.

Personally, I think the direction they went is spot on.  Hope they keep the 3 large buffalo out front - awesome touch and that should become an iconic scene evetnually....

6 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

My bad I thought you were saying like many that if the pegs didn’t get their way they would leave. 

They get a brand new stadium but that would be factored in to the relo cost. 

To move from Buffalo to anywhere would be very costly for them, it’s very relevant. 

There's no way they would move. Outside of the cost, they're just loyal to Buffalo.

They're being responsible with their money and the public's money. Obviously paying a billion just to move wouldn't be responsible.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Virgil, it’s yet another reason why releasing a single static view isn’t a good idea. People are being forced to make judgements based on that one rendering. You’ll notice that I’ve refrained. In an age of too much information the Bills have unfortunately blundered into providing way, way too little. I’m hoping they fill in the public….and fast! 

I agree, but I don’t think I’m wrong.  You can see the opening on the corner endzones from the outside rendering too.  I understand the concept of having walk-in standing room, but not at the expense of more fans in seats 

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I also find it interesting that it’s not symmetrical.

The left side of the 100 level has a gradual slope, while the right side has a fairly steep slope. The 200 level on the left is shaped a bit differently and the 300 level on the left has a wall behind it, while the right side doesn’t.

They're the same slope, it's just the perspective.

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I know, I just found it interesting how far down the list they would be, when you look at the other NFL team cities rankings.  

What the GB situation has always shown me is how lucrative an NFL franchise is.  They can finance their own stadiums with profits and

franchise appreciation.  Owners typically pocket that.  NFL allowed them to do it as a "grandfather" type deal.

30 minutes ago, Jukester said:

What’s off to me is how underwhelming this rendering release is as far as views and details. Two pictures after all this time and all the hype?? Horrible horrible marketing. Instead of pumping up the fans with excitement, many of us are left with more questions. Honestly these pictures aren’t too different than the generic ones they released when Populous was announced. Why not wait til you have more to release like interior, suites, overhead, and 360 degree interactive views. I’m still confident the stadium is going to be fantastic (a little worried about the canopy) but just can’t believe they blew the rendering release this badly. 

Felt the same way.

Long wait, for 2 nondescript pictures. It's on par with what I expected, though.  They have an awesome on field product, but the Bills business side of things has always been acluster you know what, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

What the GB situation has always shown me is how lucrative an NFL franchise is.  They can finance their own stadiums with profits and

franchise appreciation.  Owners typically pocket that.  NFL allowed them to do it as a "grandfather" type deal.

It’s certainly unique. The cost of entry now is beyond astronomical, obviously, but I kind of like having a little different formula for one city.  They have more “charm” than Jerry Jones at the other extreme. 

• Agree 1

After giving it time to digest, I gotta say that I'm really happy with how the stadium looks. 

I wasn't too impressed at first, especially with the exterior, but now really like it.  It suits our team and the area.

It's nothing "over-the-top", but is very practical, with a modern, clean feel to it.

I would be happy to sit in any of those seats to watch a game.  Great sight-lines, with a balanced feel between a big open-aired stadium, and a modern one with a roof.  (I do hope the roof extends further than what this rendering appears to show.)

In regards to the exterior... is that all mesh covering the entire stadium?

It's purpose it to basically "absorb" some of the wind, so it all doesn't swirl around the building and onto the field, right?  If so, it makes sense.

What an exciting time to be a Bills fan!

Thank God.

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

After giving it time to digest, I gotta say that I'm really happy with how the stadium looks. 

I wasn't too impressed at first, especially with the exterior, but now really like it.  It suits our team and the area.

It's nothing "over-the-top", but is very practical.

I would be happy to sit in any of those seats, if I ever get up there again.  Great sight-lines, with a balanced feel between a big open-aired stadium, and a modern one with a roof.  (That said, I do hope the roof extends further than what this rendering appears to show.)

In regards to the exterior... is that all mesh covering the entire stadium?

It's purpose it to basically "absorb" some of the wind, so it all doesn't swirl around the building and onto the field, right?  If so, it makes sense.

What an exciting time to be a Bills fan!

Thank God.

Yep, the clear part is the "mesh" material they talked about for the "wind confusion." A brick facade on the lower part of the exterior wall. The top edge of the stadium (and possibly the overhang?)is comprised of the ETFE plastic material that they can light up with any color.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

War Memorial baby! 

My first vision of awe. 

My 1st time there was in ‘69 for Bills. Was there countless times watching Bisons and the Butcher.

Kind of doubt I’ll make it to the new one. Will enjoy driving by it checking on its process.

Been to Rich Stadium countless times as well, too, as I live 3 miles away.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.