Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

More comparable to Levi's Stadium in San Fran. Simply for playing/watching football in and not breaking the bank. Fiscally responsible, since a lot of it is public money. SoFi was what, $5 billion? With all private money. Others over $2 billion with public money included.

Pegulas are looking out for Buffalo and keeping the Bills there, while also enhancing the tailgating/game day experience. Politicians wanted a huge stadium and much more money-wasting, with little-to-no tailgating in downtown location.

Looking out for Buffalo? Lol. Sure. Maybe they could add a little of their own cash like everyone else and make something awesome for the area, instead of “the best Buffalo can afford”.

3 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Buffalo gets to keep their NFL team.  That’s pretty cool. 

So if they built a better stadium they would’ve lost the team? Or are you saying everyone should just be happy with whatever as long as the Bills stay in Buffalo?

7 minutes ago, vincec said:

Looking out for Buffalo? Lol. Sure. Maybe they could add a little of their own cash like everyone else and make something awesome for the area, instead of “the best Buffalo can afford”.

They are adding a little of their own cash. On the other hand, I'm sure they wouldn't mind being in a huge market like Atlanta or Los Angeles, but the fact is that they're in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, vincec said:

“Make no little plans, they have no magic in them to stir men’s blood.”

Maybe Buffalo will get something cool on the next multi-billion dollar public project.

A 100 years ago that was the way Buffalo did things.  Circumstances have changed since then.

32 NFL teams and Buffalo Metro area is 50th in the US.

The stadium is proportional for its city's size to the larger venues.

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

People who buy PSLs don't scream on defense.   They use their inside voice. 

😉

And we golf clap after good plays.  Then we ask everyone in front of us to please sit down, because we're paying a lot for a SEAT license we want to use, not a standing license. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They are adding a little of their own cash. On the other hand, I'm sure they wouldn't mind being in a huge market like Atlanta or Los Angeles, but the fact is that they're in Buffalo.

You realize the relocation fee would have been near a billion dollars for them to move right? 

What’s off to me is how underwhelming this rendering release is as far as views and details. Two pictures after all this time and all the hype?? Horrible horrible marketing. Instead of pumping up the fans with excitement, many of us are left with more questions. Honestly these pictures aren’t too different than the generic ones they released when Populous was announced. Why not wait til you have more to release like interior, suites, overhead, and 360 degree interactive views. I’m still confident the stadium is going to be fantastic (a little worried about the canopy) but just can’t believe they blew the rendering release this badly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Has Populous been contracted and funded for the entire design?

I would think so.

It could be they just can’t nail down the details until there is a firm authorization for a construction budget. The construction funding uncertainty could be why they aren’t releasing fuller details, in case something needs to change relative to the funding amount. 

The more I look at the photos, the more I realize that I like the inside more than the outside.

As I kept staring at the outside, I don’t get that special pre-game feeling. I always loved tailgating while being able to look at the stadium, see the upper deck as people fill in (from the parking lot), hear all the sounds, and almost be part of the inside action even when still outside.

This feels very closed and dark (don’t love the brick facade either).

I do like the inside though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

How is that relevant? I never said they wanted to move.

My bad I thought you were saying like many that if the pegs didn’t get their way they would leave. 

They get a brand new stadium but that would be factored in to the relo cost. 

To move from Buffalo to anywhere would be very costly for them, it’s very relevant. 

Edited by CountDorkula

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

A 100 years ago that was the way Buffalo did things.  Circumstances have changed since then.

32 NFL teams and Buffalo Metro area is 50th in the US.

The stadium is proportional for its city's size to the larger venues.

49th now according to this list.  Green Bay comes in at 158th.  

• Like (+1) 1

I also find it interesting that it’s not symmetrical.

The left side of the 100 level has a gradual slope, while the right side has a fairly steep slope. The 200 level on the left is shaped a bit differently and the 300 level on the left has a wall behind it, while the right side doesn’t.

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Green Bay is owned by the community.  No way can that happen again.

Went to a game there a few years ago, and it’s funny how that was worded. Not only are they owned by the community, but they sit right in the middle of the community!  Nice, well kept middle class homes. Like an alien mega ship landed in Cheektowaga. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.