Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

Think we should have had a hybrid of old war memorial and Rich stadium (Yankees did something similar with new Yankees stadium: it was a mix of new and old). No offense to the architects, but war memorial’s old design looks better than what they came up with #justsaying

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t know if it will create huge shadows, because the awnings look quite small in the rendering. I’m not knowledgeable about engineering, so maybe someone can enlighten me, but I don’t understand the point of the awnings. They look like they won’t cover many fans. Is the awning supposed to reduce winds? I’d think the stadium itself could be constructed to limit winds. 

The rendering isn't to scale and is at an angle. The awnings should be bigger on the actual stadium. They're gonna cover 65% of fans 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  the upper deck you're going to be protected.  But as you get closer to the field is when you will get exposed. Pretty nice architecture but the canopy could've been extended more. It will reduce wind.

It's really just a bad rendering of it.  Looking at the right side of the field, it looks like it barely covers anything.  If you look on the left side, I think the canopy is more accurate as it is covering most of the levels and probably little of the lower bowl.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

going forward? It has been that way for about 20 years. At least since the Colts stadium was built.

People not realizing that the nfl doesn’t want fans at the stadiums. They want fans at home. Watching on their TVs. So the ratings continue to climb and so does their TV contracts. 

• Like (+1) 1

Read through about 2 pages of whining. After I went and threw up, I gathered my thoughts.

We're  a tiny market who are incredibly fortunate that we still even have a team. Getting a new stadium of any kind is a blessing for us.

Nashville is loaded with $$$. So they, and other rich cities can trash talk us on how superior their stadium is. And we can trash them on how Josh and the boys humiliated them on the prime time!!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, saundena said:

No red endzones, fail!

In all seriousness, I like it.  I wish the capacity was a bit larger (more screaming fans = louder game day experience).  The bills usually sell out so the decision to reduce capacity is a bit curious.

I wonder if the architects and engineers will build in some sort of "advantage" to maximize crowd noise like in Seattle, or orient the stadium relative to the lake to maximize wind swirl, etc.

Finally, I hope they figure out a way to honor Ralph in some way.

Would you really want them to maximize wind swirl and turn every game into a mess where no one can pass the ball? I know Allen has a canon but he can't throw through everything.

I'm pretty sure they designed the stadium to minimize the wind, which is the way to go.

Maximizing crowd noise should definitely be a priority.

• Like (+1) 1

me thinks a lot of fans haven't been to a lot of other stadiums to realize how many of them are super boring. Jacksonville and Carolina are extremely dull. Nashville was full of a lot of weird things - a mini farm country area. Houston was neat but boring. Atlanta is well laid out. Detroit is really boring.

--------

The one question I have is about the field house and training center. It's going to be pretty far away from the stadium. If possible and I am the Bills i'd almost build a tunnel to thenew stadium.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, KHAN said:

Read through about 2 pages of whining. After I went and threw up, I gathered my thoughts.

We're  a tiny market who are incredibly fortunate that we still even have a team. Getting a new stadium of any kind is a blessing for us.

Nashville is loaded with $$$. So they, and other rich cities can trash talk us on how superior their stadium is. And we can trash them on how Josh and the boys humiliated them on the prime time!!!

I don't think any other city is trashing us on our new stadium. And there's been one player that just commented about the visiting locker room built in the early 70's. 

19 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It may not be as bad as it used to be but it's still an issue. I've changed a few games this season because of shadows. It's very annoying. 

There's still older cameras in use, usually for less important games. And as time goes on, they're only going to keep getting better. 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

me thinks a lot of fans haven't been to a lot of other stadiums to realize how many of them are super boring. Jacksonville and Carolina are extremely dull. Nashville was full of a lot of weird things - a mini farm country area. Houston was neat but boring. Atlanta is well laid out. Detroit is really boring.

--------

The one question I have is about the field house and training center. It's going to be pretty far away from the stadium. If possible and I am the Bills i'd almost build a tunnel to thenew stadium.

The underground monorail isn't part of the fan experience so they will keep that hush hush.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

People not realizing that the nfl doesn’t want fans at the stadiums. They want fans at home. Watching on their TVs. So the ratings continue to climb and so does their TV contracts. 

I can’t imagine the marginal people at the stadiums affects readings numbers. 10k to 20k people are in the noise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.