Why do some Bills fans refuse to have confidence in this team?

BillsFan619

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Why 11 games? 8-11 since 2020.

What are we in >1 score games? Oh just 25-2 since 2020.

Get a grip. Every team loses games every year since 1972.

Just out of curiosity, how do you see the team finishing the season?  Obviously anything can happen, but just interested to see how optimistic fans think the rest of the season goes.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

11 games because it encompasses the last two seasons.

Thank you for pointing out how much of a front running team this is. You want to beat the Bills? Challenge them and keep it close because more often than not they'll find a way to gift wrap it for you if you can do that. They buckle. Like a belt.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills history is one long choke job….that’s why…👍

Even if they went undefeated an entire season, I STILL would not have confidence in the team- believing they would find a way to blow it in the playoffs…

In 2020, when the Bills were 13-3, and Allen had his breakout season, I said to friends that I wouldn’t be surprised if he went down in history as the greatest QB to never win a Super Bowl…That’s how much confidence I have in this franchise…😉

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

How can you have real confidence in a team with our young secondary and a DC that doesn’t adjust to weaknesses that are being exploited. Josh’s problems in the last 2 games will be corrected but that doesn’t explain Dorsey’s reliance on Josh creating plays with 37to 40 passes and running when receivers are covered. This offense is not sustainable without establishing a run threat that slows down the rush. When is Hines going to get touches? How effective  will White be, when he comes back? With all these questions how can a fan be really confident?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

LOL this whole thing aged well.

The tone of a lot of media, fans and even <gasp> a few here had shifted from confidence to arrogance.

Confidence - Genuine belief your team can beat any team, happy when it does

Arrogance - Expect your team to win every game, miserable when it does not

I personally think some posters wait for a loss or two so they can complain about how much this team sucks. Some people aren’t happy unless they’re complaining. Sad 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you see the team finishing the season?  Obviously anything can happen, but just interested to see how optimistic fans think the rest of the season goes.

I see the team winning the division and competing in the playoffs. From there who knows. 

The AFC East plays each other a whopping 7 times still this season. That is still 7 more losses to attribute. 

I absolutely do not think it is beyond the realm of possibility that we overcome the 2, and 3 pt deficits we had against the Jets and Dolphins despite the hopelessness of some people on here.

40 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

11 games because it encompasses the last two seasons.

Thank you for pointing out how much of a front running team this is. You want to beat the Bills? Challenge them and keep it close because more often than not they'll find a way to gift wrap it for you if you can do that. They buckle. Like a belt.

Ah so we want to count prior years, but only the ones that suit our point. Gotcha. 

I also don't think your 2nd point is the slam against the Bills you think it is....

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

This thread needs to be burned to the ground epic jinx status - where did this smart a** go ?

YOU UNDERSTAND OUR PAIN NOW?!

Still here, bro.

I’ve lived through the 90s SB disappointments, the Music City Miracle, the drought, the Hail Murray, the Jags game, 13 seconds and other brutal losses.

So yes, I understand the pain. It doesn’t mean you can’t have confidence in this team and worry about every opponent like every opponent is the ‘07 Pats.

As someone else has said, the combined record of the three teams we’ve lost to (by a total of eight points) is 23-7. And as someone else pointed out, every team that reached the championship games last year had a bad stretch of the season last year.

Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:36 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Confidence to arrogance is a fine line. There really isn't very much at all that separates the 4th best team in the league from the 4th worst and among the best, there's even less.

Yea, we've run roughshod over a bunch of teams in September and October, great. We've been doing that for 3 years. I'm at the point where even though I enjoy the journey I know none of these games matter. My only hope is that they get out of it healthy. We already know they're going to the playoffs. The whole season is based on what this team does in January and February. The rest is meaningless in the grand scheme.

Unfortunately, this team has made several unforced errors when all the chips were down, and 45% of the time, the #1 seed doesn't win the Super Bowl. The saying "any given sunday" is very, very real. Ask the 2011 Giants. I think a healthy amount of skepticism is warranted.

This was the post I needed to read. Well done sir

11 minutes ago, QCity said:

It's easy to conflate confidence with blind fandom. There are people that are confident they will win the lottery this week.

Where did I ever say blind fandom or even allude to that?

I never said that we were above criticism or that we wouldn’t lose any more games.

Did you read my original post?

10 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

This is probably the last loss of the season. Pull yer draws out ya Crack and go with the flow. It's going to be a roller coaster ride. Strap in and enjoy the ride. Too many Chicken Littles on here panicking and pointing fingers, chill tf out. 😉

How can this be the last loss of the season, and a roller coaster ride at the same time?

11 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

This is probably the last loss of the season. Pull yer draws out ya Crack and go with the flow. It's going to be a roller coaster ride. Strap in and enjoy the ride. Too many Chicken Littles on here panicking and pointing fingers, chill tf out. 😉

So you’re saying we have a chance? Nice! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Where did I ever say blind fandom or even allude to that?

I never said that we were above criticism or that we wouldn’t lose any more games.

Did you read my original post?

Where did I ever say you did?

I need you to understand that just because someone is critical of an aspect of the team, it doesn't necessarily mean they lack confidence in the team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Get a grip. Every team loses games every year since 1972.

I think you're missing the significance of the "1 score" statistic.

Like, entirely.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.