Why do some Bills fans refuse to have confidence in this team?

BillsFan619

Luckily the team has no such memories to hold onto.

Hard to move forward when you are always looking in the rearview mirror.

This team has given me no reason to not believe they are going to handle their business on a week to week basis.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I’ve been holding off on this post for a couple days but this facetious Twitter post got me off the fence. I know it’s hard to tell tone in a post so please

know this isn’t an angry or demeaning rant, it’s more of a curious rant.

Why do some fans choose not to have confidence in this team?

We’re literally the best team in the league and there’s still posts about “remember the Jags game”, “any given Sunday”, “this will be the game this team gets out of their  slump”, “we don’t have tape on this rookie QB so he could torch us”, etc., etc., etc.

Or, there may be posts that pick out one strength from the opposing team or one weakness from us and they’re worried about that instead of choosing to be confident in the nine strengths we do have going into that game.

I’ll only mention this one thing about the game day posts because many times that’s when the worst comes out. There’s posts on there where we’ll have a rough start or a stalled drive or two and people are calling for the coaches heads.

I think most fans get that we’re not gonna win every game and that the jags game or any given Sunday game could happen once or possibly twice a year. Why not go into some games (I say some games because all of us, me included, get nervous before games or even very nervous during games🤣😜) confident and then if there is an “any given Sunday” or “Jags game” outcome then just chalk it up as such. We’re at a level where we can enjoy this team without having to worry about every negative, weakness or game.

We get critique but calling for the coach’s head when he’s the winningest coach in our history?

-We’re the best team in football (and we know that there may be a game or two where it’s any given Sunday)

-Someone in another post mentioned this already but we’ve beaten #2 seed, #3 seed and #4 in our conference

-JA is one of the best, if not the best, QBs in the league right now

-We have the #1 defense and a top-three offense

-Our point differential is the highest in the league and the next team isn’t even close

-The average points we’ve beaten the Rams, the Titans, the Ravens and the Chiefs by is 15 points

-We’ve blown people out and have won close games

-We’re the #1 seed in the AFC, and again, the best team in football

What more do you need to be confident going into games? If you’re one of these fans, I’d love to hear from you. Do you just find something to be nervous about, do you just not have enough confidence in this team, are you just trolling or…?

I’d love to hear from a lot of Bills Mafia as well. Curious rant over.

Go Bills!

no serious fans are doing this and White is obviously making a forced, bad joke. Which is understandable from his point of view since he’s in the position of taking calls from Bills “fans” that call in at 7:00am drunk and spewing this nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I don't understand the OP point.  Are you saying the fan base should expect the team to go 17-0 and that any other thoughts on the season have no merit?  Only one team in NFL history went undefeated and only one other went undefeated in the regular season.  Having confidence and being realistic are two different things.  It is entirely reasonable to think we have a chance to win every game while also believing they will likely lose another game this season.  Believing those two things is not incongruent nor does it mean your are not a true fan.  

58 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I made a post saying Rodgers and the Pack might put up a better fight than we think, but I still think we ultimately win. I have total confidence in the Bills. I’m just not fully convinced that Rodgers is finished like everyone else thinks. I mean we are coming off a Bye, healthier w/ Tre White back, and the Rodgers’ most trusted receiver is injured Randall Cobb. Of course we will win, but it truly is any given Sunday. Go watch the Jags game from last year. Anything can happen. The freakin Colts beat the Chiefs. I think it is dumb to overlook anybody.

Thanks for the thoughts fellas.

Ethan, hopefully this part of my post below will clear things up. I never said we’d go 17-0. I even mentioned that any given Sunday would most likely happen once or twice a year. That said, we’re at a level where fans don’t have to go in to every game (I get being nervous going into games against stiffer competition) as the “nervous” mafia. That was my point NOT an undefeated season.

CAndK, it’s not about overlooking people, again, it’s just not about being the “nervous” mafia going into every game. This team is way beyond that.

“I think most fans get that we’re not gonna win every game and that the jags game or any given Sunday game could happen once or possibly twice a year. Why not go into some games (I say some games because I get being nervous going into a game like the Chiefs, Ravens or another good team but against teams like the Steelers, Jets or another middling team?) confident and then if there is an “any given Sunday” or “Jags game” outcome then just chalk it up as such. We’re at a level where we can enjoy this team without having to worry about every negative, weakness or game.”

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I appreciate the sentiment of the OP, but after the last couple of seasons I don’t think there are ANY Bills fans that don’t believe we have a really good team. Everybody knows that. For me, it’s all about getting through the regular season and into the playoffs where we’ll all see what happens this time. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while…right? Please!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

People deal with hope differently. Some people rather brace for the worst when it comes to this stuff. Im not like that, I enjoy the ride, and hope for the best. Either way, this is why i enjoy watching alot of games by myself, unless I'm at the stadium. A Bills super bowl, ill be at home alone, and go out afterward.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Especially that poor @Virgil guy.  He never picks us to win.

In all seriousness, yeah there are some people that have no confidence.  Some of them are trolls.  Some of them wont be happy until the trophy is in hand. Its ok

What's going to blow your mind is when there are a portion of fans who still aren't happy. 

• Agree 1

Does it really need to be explained? 

Don't confuse cautious optimism (being mindful of our history of heartbreak) with lacking confidence.

Perhaps Bills fans just have humility & healthy dose of respect for NFL opponents, rather than spending their time bragging, gloating & downplaying opponents 🤨

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think everyone needs to chill and enjoy the ride. Let go of that history - we know about the drought and we know about the 4 SB losses before that. The Bills are good. Possibly the best in the league. I can’t ever get this constant framing the current team against the team’s collective history. 

• Agree 2

Anyone who is not nervous must be new here...

Welcome! Please research the 4 Falls of Buffalo, the Music City Miracle, skate in the crease, and 13 seconds, among others.

Surgeon general's warning: being a Bills fan is bad for your health.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.