THE trade target we should be targeting... (Elgton Jenkins)

glazeduck

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/elgton-jenkins/

Per Spotrac, he's making less than $4M per year. Is extremely versatile (which would definitely come in handy with our various OL injuries), and is a FA after this season (both potentially making him attainable and also, possibly contributing to our compensatory picks, if we can't resign him).

I have no idea if he's remotely available, but was a surprise practice holdout today... 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

Per Spotrac, he's making less than $4M per year. Is extremely versatile (which would definitely come in handy with our various OL injuries), and is a FA after this season (both potentially making him attainable and also, possibly contributing to our compensatory picks, if we can't resign him).

I have no idea if he's remotely available, but was a surprise practice holdout today... 

Drafted six spots after the Bills took Cody Ford.

Ugh. What could've been.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• glazeduck changed the title to THE trade target we should be targeting...
1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think he means trade target. I would be surprised if we traded for a OG.

Thank you, yes I did. Fixed the title.

What excites me about Jenkins is that he can (and does) literally play all 5 spots on the line, he's not just an OG.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

What are you getting at here? Is he hurt? Vet rest day? Or something else? What makes it a surprise?

• Like (+1) 1

I think if the Bills were going to make a trade they would have done it by now.  It would have been the perfect time as the player could have started learning our playbook during out bye week.  Of course a trade can still happen for another week almost but last week would have been better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

What are you getting at here? Is he hurt? Vet rest day? Or something else? What makes it a surprise?

The surprise is that he was held out. Could be something (because they're trading him), or absolutely nothing (minor, previously unknown injury/unscheduled rest day, etc.)

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think if the Bills were going to make a trade they would have done it by now.  It would have been the perfect time as the player could have started learning our playbook during out bye week.  Of course a trade can still happen for another week almost but last week would have been better.

They can't enter in to any trade without the stadium renderings. Who in their right mind would agree to a trade without seeing the new stadium?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

The surprise is that he was held out. Could be something (because they're trading him), or absolutely nothing (minor, previously unknown injury/unscheduled rest day, etc.)

got it. Well hopefully someone will ask them about it after practice.

22 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I find it super annoying that you created a topic without the name of the player you wanted us to target in the title or in the body of the post. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

I find it super annoying that you created a topic without the name of the player you wanted us to target in the title or in the body of the post. 

Clickbait thread titles/topics are the worst.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to THE trade target we should be targeting... (Elgton Jenkins)
38 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

What’s surprising about him being held out of practice? He tore his ACL in the second half of last season and has been getting a lower workload this year as he plays his way back to form. 

Plus, there’s no way in hell that any NFL team trades away a probowl lineman on a rookie contract that can play every position on the Oline. The only way a guy like that gets shipped off is if he beats down the starting QB in practice after getting caught with three kilos of Peruvian marching powder. 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I can't see the Packers with Rodgers trading him in season despite their struggles. My guess is GB thinks they can turn it around and I don't blame them. Now if Rodgers retires in the offseason, they are in full rebuild mode, then I can see it then. 

Since I don’t care if the Packers suck, I might look at trading every OL starter……just to see Rodgers react.   😋

Two comments in response to some of the posts above:

1.  Rodgers isn't retiring.  He has 50 million reasons to play out this season and next.

2. The only logic to the Packers trading this guy is that he's a UFA, so he could potentially leave after the season and they could get nothing and/or they don't have the cap space to sign him to a market value contract next year.  (Two caveats - 1.  I only know he's a UFA because someone said it above; and 2. I have not factored in compensatory picks, but I don't know how that system works.  I can guarantee that someone else on this board does.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.