How valuable is Hyde really?

Einstein

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Any fool can know, the point is to understand” - Albert Einstein

The single worst part of sport discussion forums is groupthink.

On this forum, groupthink coincides with an attack on anyone that gives even the slightest criticism of a current starter, coach, owner, or anyone affiliated with the team.

There is no room for understanding, predicting, analyzing and speaking truth to potentials departures. All room is taken up by the “knowing” crowd - those that “know” that another poster is wrong, should post less, etc. Your post above, in a nutshell.

Prior to the onslaught of “knowers” bashing my thread, several people had agreed with it. One deleted their post (they were one of the first responses), and another edited their post to say something different. This is because they don’t want to go against the crowd. Groupthink.

This board fights all day about pretty much every topic.  The only "group think" is the universal disdain for your threads.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

I never said we never had a good defense without a dominant line in recent years. But I do believe our defense in 2022 is the best it's ever been with McDermott.. And I'm not talking stats but the ability to beat great teams.

I said IF capital is limited, I would rather have one veteran (high-priced) safety and one veteran outside corner (high priced) and put the money into the D line than the having a secondary of high priced vets and not a lot of spending on the D line.

Do you really believe that's an unreasonable view? 

You miss the intent of my post which was to simply point out that if we can attribute the success of our younger secondary to a dominant front four, then we should also realize that we have had top rated pass defenses without a dominant D line in the past. Hyde, Poyer, Tre, etc. have all made past D lines look good because of their superior play in the secondary. 

Nothing unreasonable in considering the future costs associated with retaining players and I agree it’s an important consideration moving forward. 

30 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This board fights all day about pretty much every topic.  The only "group think" is the universal disdain for your threads.

Personally, I'm done with this fool.  LOL, and I mean that I "laughed out loud" with this guy quoting Albert Einstein like he is

teaching me something.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

What game changing plays in critical moments has Hyde made?

NE interception in playoffs? How many others?

Obviously, you don’t even follow the Bills or you’d know what a witless comment this is. Onside KO return TD vs Miami to clinch win, Pick 6 @ KC to clinch the win there last season, endzone pick @ GB, Sacked Tua @ Miami, pick vs Wash, Redzone fumble recovery @ Mia, strip fumble recovery @ NYJ, Endzone pick to secure win @ Pats*, batted down Hail Mary to preserve Playoff win vs Indy,  jaw-dropping Endzone pick vs Pats* in Playoffs, Cagey, long PR vs Pats*.  If you even watched NFL hi-lights the past few years, you’d have known better than to even write this, ‘Einstein’..🤦‍♂️ While I’m at it, I know it’s Halloween and folks pretend to be other people, but what’s with the yearlong ruse on your screen name? Oh! I get it! Play on words. You’re really Doc Brown’s dog from Back to the Future! Clever, troll.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I see from your profile that you are in Tampa.

I have a vacation home in St Pete. I go to the Bills Bar called Buffalo Charlie’s in Dunedin.

Feel free to join me some week for a game. Warning, you’ll probably be confused by my Bills tattoo while simultaneously trying to rationalize that i’m a fan of another team.

Ps, here is me at the Titans game watching Allen throw a bomb to Diggs. Posted from my Bills twitter account where the goal is to give away free Bills tickets to kids and people who can’t afford to go. It’s all part of my Jets/Fins/Pats fan scheme. Obviously.

If indeed true, that's pretty cool of you for doing something nice like that for people less fortunate, props.... that said, why the hell are you such a scat starter on here all of the time? You know that it annoys the hell out of the majority of us but continue to do it,  why?

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Einstein, why do you keep starting these troll threads?  Hyde is one of the leaders of this defense.  Enough of you.  I’d be much more forward with my comments if the mods would allow it.  You’re not a Bills fan.  

MGK - totally agree - I have started several responses and just deleted them - wish the Mods would cut this one loose or at least ban him from starting threads.  

What a waste of space.

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Any fool can know, the point is to understand” - Albert Einstein

The single worst part of sport discussion forums is groupthink.

On this forum, groupthink coincides with an attack on anyone that gives even the slightest criticism of a current starter, coach, owner, or anyone affiliated with the team.

There is no room for understanding, predicting, analyzing and speaking truth to potentials departures. All room is taken up by the “knowing” crowd - those that “know” that another poster is wrong, should post less, etc. Your post above, in a nutshell.

Prior to the onslaught of “knowers” bashing my thread, several people had agreed with it. One deleted their post (they were one of the first responses), and another edited their post to say something different. This is because they don’t want to go against the crowd. Groupthink.

Maybe…just maybe, it’s not everyone else. 
Maybe it’s just you. 

It’s just you. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is a good point. It is becoming clearer to me that the scheme we run here may have contributed to the success of our safeties (and corners.). 

hyde and Poyer are great, and they are always around the ball And are very opportunistic.  But you have to remember that both these guys were late draft picks and mostly backups until they got here. 

Yeah it seems the back 4 really work as a group, not as individuals.. kind of a plug and play scheme, with very little man to man coverage skills required, so a guy like Levi Wallace, who is getting absolutely torched playing man coverage for Pittsburgh, could be a productive contributor due to his length and tackling skills in a zone scheme.  

IMO, Beane will make Poyer a fair offer and someone else will overpay and that will be that, IMO.  His insane diva wife will make him take the $$ . 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Yeah it seems the back 4 really work as a group, not as individuals.. kind of a plug and play scheme, with very little man to man coverage skills required, so a guy like Levi Wallace, who is getting absolutely torched playing man coverage for Pittsburgh, could be a productive contributor due to his length and tackling skills in a zone scheme.  

IMO, Beane will make Poyer a fair offer and someone else will overpay and that will be that, IMO.  His insane diva wife will make him take the $$

Yeah you gotta hate it when the wife wants the husband to make money in the business he is in 🙄

if only she would come out and say she just wants him to be paid fairly…oh wait, she has 

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

So, so far this month I have learned we don't need Hyde or White. Learning alot this October.😂

I disagree with this. Hyde offers amazing ball skills.

Maybe the coverage has been adequate from our backup safeties, but the natural ball hawk skills have not. I.e. we are not getting big plays out of our safeties other than Poyer. 

notice when Poyer and Hyde were out how much our safeties struggled against Miami. Don’t think that would happen. Hyde makes plays constantly. 

On top of all that, I miss him as a punt returner in bad weather conditions. He is so smooth and reliable to receive a punt. 

Edited by VaMilBill

How valuable is he really?

"Archaeologists believe that hides provided an important source of clothing and shelter for all prehistoric humans and their use continued among non-agricultural societies into modern times."

I'd say that's pretty damned important. He  probably works in conjunction with the equipment manager.

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Is trading a player on IR even allowed? I’m not aware of any player on IR ever being traded. Does anyone know of such a case? 

All trades are subject to the player(s) passing a physical so while I don't recall a specific instance I'm pretty sure it's happened and if it hasn't, it could based on the contingencies.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

Let's see...would we rather have our 2nd team All Pro safety next year or a 6th round pick?  Good job asking the tough questions OP.

Edit:  I've just read your reply about group think fan bias.  That definitely happens but this isn't it.  I guarantee you that every member of the Bills organization would find this thread as laughable as we do, and it's their job to go over every roster scenario.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

I better go to urgent care, and get a mental heat warming test, because I can't believe I'm going to say this.

I'm giving @Einstein the benefit of the doubt.  

I don't think he's saying definitely get rid of Hyde. He's thinking out loud if maybe we are just as good without him and raising the possibility of moving on from him next year. 

Personally, we are just as good without Micah, but we would be giving close to 10 points per game (as opposed to the 16 points per game) with him in the lineup.  

He's a keeper. 

It is 8:00 am Eastern Daylight Time. after this post Ima headed for a beer.

• Agree 1