Aaron Rodgers … Leadership for Dummies

CorkScrewHill

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Pat McAffee show  -1:49 in

Now I don't want to misquote or exaggerate, but I THINK he just referred to fans ("the Green Bay faithful" who are upset with the Green Bay Team and Rodger performance to date as "bitter and angry, wanting to wallow in it for a while like pigs wallowing in *****".  Judge for yourself - when the show wraps and I can bookmark a time I'll try to loop back with a more precise time stamp

Actually just saw this and thought it was from a satire/meme site. 

Can't believe his attitude toward his own teams fans.   Like he's trying to run himself out of the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Actually no .. Josh averages $43 million per year over 6 years; Pat is $45 million per year over 10 years. In several years they will both be huge bargains. 

Rodgers is $50 million per year for 3 years. One can do a lot with an extra $5 -$7 million in cap to work with.

Not to mention, Josh and Mahomes will be quick to restructure to help the team when need be. They will also be available to work with teammates in the offseason in various locales to get better (as has actually happened already). They are about the team, and winning. 

Rodgers is a smug %$^&# and all about himself. He was too self-important to work with the young guys he’s now complaining about being unprepared. Instead, he spent the offseason doing psychedelics to become a better lover. WTF? 

Just one more lousy take you responded to there. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

7 rings says so...

You understand my point, the rings alone don’t count for anything other than a kids game, played by adults for money, 

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not to mention, Josh and Mahomes will be quick to restructure to help the team when need be. They will also be available to work with teammates in the offseason in various locales to get better (as has actually happened already). They are about the team, and winning. 

Rodgers is a smug %$^&# and all about himself. He was too self-important to work with the young guys he’s now complaining about being unprepared. Instead, he spent the offseason doing psychedelics to become a better lover. WTF?

I dunno if Allen and Mahomes will restructure to help the team.  A lot of team guys take the viewpoint "team is team, but business is business."  Also dunno about Rodgers motives for not working with the team.

But it's reliably reported that both Allen and Mahomes worked with teammates in the off-season, and it's also reported that Aaron Rodgers did not, and in fact only showed up for "mandatory" OTAs.  So he did pass up (pun intended) some personal actions and accountabilities that might have helped him teach his new WR how he wants them to run routes, and work with them on what body language he needs from them (assuming GB has option routes as we do)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno if Allen and Mahomes will restructure to help the team.  A lot of team guys take the viewpoint "team is team, but business is business."  Also dunno about Rodgers motives for not working with the team.

But it's reliably reported that both Allen and Mahomes worked with teammates in the off-season, and it's also reported that Aaron Rodgers did not, and in fact only showed up for "mandatory" OTAs.  So he did pass up (pun intended) some personal actions and accountabilities that might have helped him teach guys how he wants them to run routes and work on what body language he wants from them.

I don’t gamble, but I’d wager on that. I think it’s almost inevitable, actually. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t gamble, but I’d wager on that. I think it’s almost inevitable, actually. 

Fair enough. 

My point was you can strip out all the opinions and the reasons for doing or not doing something. 

The bottom line is: Rodgers has new WR who he finger-points publicly as making mistakes in games - but there is something he could have voluntarily done to help them develop and get on the same page with him (participate in OTAs and throw with them off season), and apparently he did not do it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Fair enough. 

My point was you can strip out all the opinions and the reasons for doing or not doing something. 

The bottom line is: Rodgers has new WR who he finger-points publicly as making mistakes in games - but there is something he could have voluntarily done to help them develop and get on the same page with him (participate in OTAs and throw with them off season), and apparently he did not do it.

My apologies, it appears I read your second paragraph incorrectly. 

Yes, Rodgers had every opportunity to try to make these young guys better and more prepared. But he had “better things” to do. Things that made him happier. He is what he is, all about Aaron. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Favre was a WAY better leader. That may not be saying a lot because he had his own hang ups near the end, but Favre at least inspired dudes with his play. 

Rodgers is a negative. He brings his teammates down. 

I can’t remember the LAST TIME a QB went on the media the day or two after a disappointing loss and pointed out that his game grade was “good.” Like that’s just so bizarre.

Favre started off as an amazing leader in his early playing days but as his career took off it seemed like he developed a big ego and his personality completely changed and he wasn't the same person during his later years.  It's funny speaking of Favre though I remember watching an electric tough as nails Favre in his prime years and wishing so bad the Bills had a QB like that...25 years later here we are!  

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

But it's reliably reported that both Allen and Mahomes worked with teammates in the off-season, and it's also reported that Aaron Rodgers did not, and in fact only showed up for "mandatory" OTAs.  So he did pass up (pun intended) some personal actions and accountabilities that might have helped him teach his new WR how he wants them to run routes, and work with them on what body language he needs from them (assuming GB has option routes as we do)

Restructures do not involve them losing money do you really believe the Josh Allen would not do that for the team?

Aaron Rodgers is one of the most talented QBs in the NFL.  He may be top 5 all time, at least top 10. He's also got a history of demonstrating arrogance.  I think Green Bay fans and teammates recognize and to a degree accept his arrogance even if they might not like it.  He's given Green Bay one Super Bowl win and a competitive team for years.  As a Bills fan, Iam glad we have Josh Allen as the Bills QB.  I think his talent is at least comparable, he is a great team mate and he treats fans better than Aaron Rodgers ever dreamed of doing.  Add to that the fact that he has far more of his career ahead of him than Rodgers does at this point.  I think Green Bay's run with Rodgers is almost over if not already history.  Buffalo's run with Josh Allen is still in its early stages.  Just in time for me as a septuagenarian, to enjoy some great years as a Bills fan before I go on to better things.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Nope, because the cap number is going up huge each year for the next 4 or 5 years due to the new TV contracts.  We will be at $300 million by 2026 most likely.  At that point, their contracts will be some of the best bargains in the NFL as other QBs continue to get new deals based on the increasing cap. Allen will be taking up 15% of the cap or less by then.

And as Josh is considered one of the top players in the NFL and he's starting to garner lots of endorsement deals.  He's got a solid positive image and is a first class leader he's gonna make enough in endorsements he can decide whether he signs team friendly, deals going forward.  When it helps give a valued teammate a deserved raise I expect Josh will certainly opt for a tad less to facilitate those raises when its needed.   

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Allen and Mahomes both also have lucrative endorsement deals.  They are the two best QBs and by far are the most entertaining players to watch play.  That added income can certainly leave the option of whether to help the team when needed for cap purposes.  Doesn't mean they are obligated to consider taking less in their contracts but it also affords them the choice to do so without suffering much loss in income.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Actually no .. Josh averages $43 million per year over 6 years; Pat is $45 million per year over 10 years. In several years they will both be huge bargains. 

Rodgers is $50 million per year for 3 years. One can do a lot with an extra $5 -$7 million in cap to work with.

Mahomes and Josh are both way better than Rodgers... and cheaper.

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

AJ Hawk: "what was Washington doing...I give them credit defensively, what were they doing to give you a tough time for your offense?"

Rodgers: "Nothing"

And again, maybe just to my ears, but I thought he threw his OL and his WR under the bus.

Not only does he point the finger at his teammates, he also gives his opponents zero credit.

What a guy.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Regarding your Point #3, keeping this behind closed doors....I assume he's already tried that route and feels he isn't getting anywhere, so he's deliberately taking his complaints public to create a little leverage.

I don't blame the guy for wanting to win.

There's exactly nothing in Rodgers' past that would be the basis for giving him the benefit of the doubt. He even publicly disses his own family.

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Rodgers is completing 67% of his passes with 11tds and 3ints

Really a perfect illustration of the limitations of statistics. It seems like every game this year the Packers have scored on their early scripted drive and then done nothing for the rest of the game.

Green Bay is averaging 18.3 points per game. How's that for a statistic?

6 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Is it really finger pointing when you don't name a position group, let alone an individual player? 

Vague finger pointing is at least as bad as specific finger pointing.

By being non-specific he's implicating everyone in his criticisms.

It would actually take a lot more backbone to be specific.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.