Aaron Rodgers … Leadership for Dummies

CorkScrewHill

Aaron is indicating that his teammates are making too many mistakes and those that are should be benched for others. 

1) if he didn’t monopolize their salary cap .. perhaps they could have a more talented roster perhaps who made less mistakes.

2) He comes off as a “you guys” person .. hard to want to give all you have for a guy like that. In contrast Pat and Josh are more “us guys”.

3) this should be an internal discussion. Now the team will be scrutinized to determine if people can figure out who Aaron is talking about. A total needless distraction.

4) Aaron has been bad this year .. look in the mirror first.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/25/aaron-rodgers-packers-make-too-many-mistakes-those-guys-shouldnt-be-playing/

So happy we have Josh

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Aaron is indicating that his teammates are making too many mistakes and those that are should be benched for others. 

1) if he didn’t monopolize their salary cap .. perhaps they could have a more talented roster perhaps who made less mistakes.

2) He comes off as a “you guys” person .. hard to want to give all you have for a guy like that. In contrast Pat and Josh are more “us guys”.

3) this should be an internal discussion. Now the team will be scrutinized to determine if people can figure out who Aaron is talking about. A total needless distraction.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/25/aaron-rodgers-packers-make-too-many-mistakes-those-guys-shouldnt-be-playing/

So happy we have Josh

Nothing new here, he's always been like that.

• Agree 4

15 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

So happy we have Josh

Pat McAffee show  -1:49 in

Now I don't want to misquote or exaggerate, but I THINK he just referred to fans ("the Green Bay faithful" who are upset with the Green Bay Team and Rodger performance to date as "bitter and angry, wanting to wallow in it for a while like pigs wallowing in *****".  Judge for yourself - when the show wraps and I can bookmark a time I'll try to loop back with a more precise time stamp

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now I don't want to misquote or exaggerate, but I THINK he just referred to fans who are upset with the Green Bay Team and Rodger performance to date as "pigs wallowing in *****".  Judge for yourself - when the show wraps and I can bookmark a time I'll try to loop back with a more precise time stamp

I think that mirrors what he calls his family....

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

are josh and pat not also doing #1?

Actually no .. Josh averages $43 million per year over 6 years; Pat is $45 million per year over 10 years. In several years they will both be huge bargains. 

Rodgers is $50 million per year for 3 years. One can do a lot with an extra $5 -$7 million in cap to work with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

So happy we have Josh

That has a chance to send that locker room spiraling out of control considering Rodgers has been playing at a sub-replacement player level for much of the year.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now I don't want to misquote or exaggerate, but I THINK he just referred to fans who are upset with the Green Bay Team and Rodger performance to date as "pigs wallowing in *****".  Judge for yourself - when the show wraps and I can bookmark a time I'll try to loop back with a more precise time stamp

Hey it's "still kind of a free country." and Aaron will treat his fans like ***** if he wants. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

are josh and pat not also doing #1?

Nope, because the cap number is going up huge each year for the next 4 or 5 years due to the new TV contracts.  We will be at $300 million by 2026 most likely.  At that point, their contracts will be some of the best bargains in the NFL as other QBs continue to get new deals based on the increasing cap. Allen will be taking up 15% of the cap or less by then.

Edited by Big Turk

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Hey it's "still kind of a free country." and Aaron will treat his fans like ***** if he wants. 🙄

"We have had some success in prime time games lately....we're the underdog which is a new spot for us" (to my eyes, both said with a "I know better" smirk)

AJ Hawk: "what was Washington doing...I give them credit defensively, what were they doing to give you a tough time for your offense?"

Rodgers: "Nothing"

goes on to say that Washington has good players but "We made so many mental errors, so many mental mistakes...we're not used to playing like that".  Says that every week they have double-digit errors.

I didn't once hear him use the word "I" in a context of taking responsibility for the loss.  It came across to me as detached and disinterested.

And again, maybe just to my ears, but I thought he threw his OL and his WR under the bus.

Edited by Beck Water

Regarding your Point #3, keeping this behind closed doors....I assume he's already tried that route and feels he isn't getting anywhere, so he's deliberately taking his complaints public to create a little leverage.

I don't blame the guy for wanting to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

So happy we have Josh

The tool Brady is of that school as well, because constantly yelling at your O linemen is ever so motivating…, 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.