College Football Playoff & Conference Championships - Projections

ArdmoreRyno

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Don't be an ass and misquote me. 

Certainly you have better things to do, like to sit around and watch tapes of the Big 12, PAC 12, ACC (other than Clemson) piling up all of their playoff wins. 

It's the gist of what you everything you've said. SEC only, Alabama is the team of the gods. Vandy is better than TCU. 

58 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Bama and Tenn both have 2 losses.  Both in SEC…..Tenn beat Bama….Bama ranked higher.  Seems legit.

Can't argue people who have an issue with it, but Tennessee lost 2 times big. Bama lost 2 games by a combined 4 points, not exactly the same.

IMO though Bama is too undisciplined to win anything this year, so it doesn't even matter.

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

Can't argue people who have an issue with it, but Tennessee lost 2 times big. Bama lost 2 games by a combined 4 points, not exactly the same.

IMO though Bama is too undisciplined to win anything this year, so it doesn't even matter.

Lol if TCU wins a close one or loses…..bye bye….if not, OSU magically out.  One Tenn loss was to Georgia, who is number 1 and wasn’t on Bama’s schedule.  The other was a bad loss.  Bama lost to Tennessee.  If being a close loss helps why don’t the close wins to A&M Ole Miss and Longhorns hurt?

I get the Austin Peay blowout has to go on the plus side.  It was incredibly awesome.  Reminds me of the comeback against The Citadel a few years back.  Scintillating 

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol if TCU wins a close one or loses…..bye bye….if not, OSU magically out.  One Tenn loss was to Georgia, who is number 1 and wasn’t on Bama’s schedule.  The other was a bad loss.  Bama lost to Tennessee.  If being a close loss helps why don’t the close wins to A&M Ole Miss and Longhorns hurt?

I get the Austin Peay blowout has to go on the plus side.  It was incredibly awesome.  Reminds me of the comeback against The Citadel a few years back.  Scintillating 

As an avid Bama fan, I can assure you I'm not making a case for them to be in the playoffs. Austin Peay actually had a great goal line stand against Bama lol.

But at the same time, don't get skull drug by 2 teams and be on your backup QB looking for preference to get in the playoffs or being ranked higher. Just doesn't work that way.

OSU got in one year after Penn state beat them and Penn state was sitting at home, it happens.

7 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

As an avid Bama fan, I can assure you I'm not making a case for them to be in the playoffs. Austin Peay actually had a great goal line stand against Bama lol.

But at the same time, don't get skull drug by 2 teams and be on your backup QB looking for preference to get in the playoffs or being ranked higher. Just doesn't work that way.

OSU got in one year after Penn state beat them and Penn state was sitting at home, it happens.

Penn state had two losses that year and osu had one and it was on a blocked kick at the end of the game on the road. I know it was hated on but it made sense. At the end of the day I wish they had not gotten in that year because that was the 31-0 Clemson game. 

it would be crazy if TCU loses big today and the committee finds a way to sneak both osu AND Bama back in tomorrow. 😂They have them sitting at 5 and 6 for a reason  

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 12/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

It's the gist of what you everything you've said. SEC only, Alabama is the team of the gods. Vandy is better than TCU. 

I want to stop in and admit that you were right about USC and the PAC 12.

USC really looked GREAT last night and the PAC 12 is a tremendous conference. 

Edited by Bill from NYC

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I want to stop in and admit that you were right about USC and the PAC 12.

USC really looked GREAT last night and the PAC 12 is a tremendous conference. 

I’m sensing sarcasm.  That’s what USC gets for not playing strong teams like Austin Peay.

TCU down at half. Congrats on Bama’s playoff spot.  Even if the frogs come back you just can’t justify putting them ahead of the Tide.    I mean TCU will have almost lost a game and Bama only almost lost four.  Fair is fair.  Roll tide.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m sensing sarcasm.  That’s what USC gets for not playing strong teams like Austin Peay.

TCU down at half. Congrats on Bama’s playoff spot.  Even if the frogs come back you just can’t justify putting them ahead of the Tide.    I mean TCU will have almost lost a game and Bama only almost lost four.  Fair is fair.  Roll tide.

TCU will probably get in. They do only have one loss. Of course they also play in a bargain basement, garbage can conference. 

Too bad they couldn't squeak out another win.

Even with the loss, I personally think TCU should be in over Alabama.  One less loss and, common opponent, at Texas, Bama needed a FG at the buzzer to win while TCU led most of the game and, while it was a one-score game, beat Texas a little more handily.

That being said, unfortunately, I'm almost positive the decision makers will put Bama in.  I bet they are salivating over a Georgia/Bama & Michigan/Ohio St playoff.

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

TCU will probably get in. They do only have one loss. Of course they also play in a bargain basement, garbage can conference. 

Too bad they couldn't squeak out another win.

Why is Bama ranked above Tennessee?  I’m interested in the “logic” when you can’t sarcastically insult ever non-SEC league in the country.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So much drama 

How does one “justify” Bama being ahead of Tennessee?

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How does one “justify” Bama being ahead of Tennessee?

Comes down to Tennessee losing big twice and the fact they are on their backup QB.

Shouldn't matter though.

Top 4 will most likely be 1 UGA 2 Michigan 3 OSU 4 TCU

Maybe Bama sneaks in but I honestly don't see it with TCU losing in OT by a FG.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.