Packers at Bills 1988

Buffalo03

Ironically this game was played on October 30th, just like this upcoming game is. We shut out the Packers in this game 28-0. I have posted the condensed game. The video is about 20 mins long.

The Packers are 0-6 in Buffalo and hoping they will be 0-7 come Sunday night. Feel free to post any memories or anything from this game that you would like and always, Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I re-watched this game several months ago, and it was a good one for sure.  Our defense was flat out dominant that year (outside of playing the Bengals)

An even more fun re-watch was Bills @ Packers from 1991.  One of the last games played in Milwaukee County Stadium.  The stadium orientation and field layout was truly bizarre to see, now that we've been accustomed for so long to the modern football-only palaces. 

The truly goofy thing that stood out to me was that because of space concerns, BOTH teams had to share the same sideline!

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

this was the era where GB was pretty terrible, right?   Up until they got Favre a few years later

it was the end of them being terrible. Don 'the magic man' Majowski started to lead them out of the woods of terrible QB play.

This pack team went 10-6 the next year with him as QB. Problem with Don was an inability to stay healthy.

, Then Favre and Rodgers

Fun Bills tie in, Hank Bullough was the Packers Defensive Coordinator for this era in Packers history.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I re-watched this game several months ago, and it was a good one for sure.  Our defense was flat out dominant that year (outside of playing the Bengals)

An even more fun re-watch was Bills @ Packers from 1991.  One of the last games played in Milwaukee County Stadium.  The stadium orientation and field layout was truly bizarre to see, now that we've been accustomed for so long to the modern football-only palaces. 

The truly goofy thing that stood out to me was that because of space concerns, BOTH teams had to share the same sideline!

I heard yesterday about both teams using the same sideline. That is odd to me. Why did they play games in Milwaukee anyway?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I was there but have no recollection of this game.   
   I do remember seeing Farve in Rich stadium ( probably 4 years later but maybe 😎

That was the 1994 game. Which I was gonna post but I figured we shut the Packers out in this game and it was played the same day as our game this week so I went with this instead 

• Like (+1) 1

Crazy watching these older games. Both QBs threw for under 100 yards. Looked like we were running the wishbone offensive at times with Thurman as the lead blocker for Mueller on multiple plays. Biscuit still wearing #55 was a beast in this game. Bills D scored twice. 

Takes me back…I was 10 years old at the time. Thanks for posting. 

Here’s the box score for anyone interested. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198810300buf.htm

5 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Don 'the magic man' Majowski

Don 'the magic man' Majkowski  grew up in Depew NY but went to Prep School in VA and played at Virginia collegiately.  Was fun to watch but took a beating as QB in his years in GB.  Made pro Bowl in 1989 and led league in passing yards that year too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why are the G's on the Packers helmets further down the helmet than they have been for a while. It looks weird. If anyone knows what I'm talking about 

Good catch. Looking at Gridiron Uniforms, it appears that they moved the G to the back of the helmet for 2 years (88 and 89).

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/packers.shtml

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.