MNF: Chicago Bears at NE Patriots - with Manningcast!

Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Not staying Fields is going to be a franchise QB, but he seems to have as many detractors on this board as Allen had year 1 & 2. 

There is literally zero chance Fields is a starting QB 2 years from now. Josh made mistakes but at least he made plays with his arm that at least showed you he had it in him. Fields is just lost out there and you can tell he has no confidence in what he sees 

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Lol, the rush isn't there??? Their O line is as leaky as a virgin on prom night. 

Oh it’s there, but he’s feeling it when it’s not there and acting like it’s not there when he’s about to get crushed.   He’s a lot like a virgin, that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Yep. And a lot of it isn’t justified.

Remember when Allen looked like this? I do.

If you only compare Josh Allen's bad throws to Drew Lock's bad throw, and refuse to compare Josh's good throws to Lock's, then it's an apt comparison. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

The difference is Allen was a big raw prospect coming out of college with no high school offers. Fields was the number 1 high school prospect and had scholarships offers from everywhere in the country. He isn’t Allen and will never be Allen from the moment Allen set foot in the Cleveland game in preseason you knew the guy was different. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCofNC said:

Oh it’s there, but he’s feeling it when it’s not there and acting like it’s not there when he’s about to get crushed.   He’s a lot like a virgin, that’s for sure.

And he's put up 26 against Belechick in NE in the 3rd quarter. 

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Not staying Fields is going to be a franchise QB, but he seems to have as many detractors on this board as Allen had year 1 & 2. 

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not saying he's going to be Josh, but I mean come on guy misses a deep shot which Josh did all the time and still does some times and everyone says he's awful how no one should think he could be an NFL QB. Guy is in year 2 with his 2nd coaching staff no weapons or O-line.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Allen at least flashed with his arm.  He was an 80/20 type of guy, 80% of the time you thought he could do it at a high level, 20% of the time you thought he was a sure fire bust.  Fields is exactly the opposite on those ratios.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

The difference is Allen was a big raw prospect coming out of college with no high school offers. Fields was the number 1 high school prospect and had scholarships offers from everywhere in the country. He isn’t Allen and will never be Allen from the moment Allen set foot in the Cleveland game in preseason you knew the guy was different. 

I think Fields better comparison, ceiling wise, is Dak Prescott. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Not saying he's going to be Josh, but I mean come on guy misses a deep shot which Josh did all the time and still does some times and everyone says he's awful how no one should think he could be an NFL QB. Guy is in year 2 with his 2nd coaching staff no weapons or O-line.

Oline seems to be pretty good actually, lots of big holes in the running game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.