2022 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Gugny

11 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Pitch stealing?🫣

Phillies been long ballin’ all playoffs.

Haha. No I wasn’t implying that. I guess bad time to use that hyperbole since they’re playing the cheaters. I was just saying how crazy the bombs were coming from the Phils. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I always find it interesting how dominating the NFL is when it comes to sports. I looked up the World Series ratings, which are up from last year, and 11.5 million viewers watched game 1. A respectable number for sure. Then you see that last weeks Chiefs 49ers game had 22 million viewers. Nuts

Too many games in my opinion.  I think they should reduce the number of games in the regular season by about half.  

12 hours ago, stevestojan said:

It honestly looks like Philly knows the pitches. Unreal. 

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Pitch stealing?🫣

Phillies been long ballin’ all playoffs.

I think it was likely a combination of McCullers tipping pitches, being painfully predictable (does NOT throw fastballs to left-handed hitters) and simply throwing horrible pitches over the middle of the plate.  

Sometimes you're the pigeon; sometimes you're the statue.  McCullers was the statue last night.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think it was likely a combination of McCullers tipping pitches, being painfully predictable (does NOT throw fastballs to left-handed hitters) and simply throwing horrible pitches over the middle of the plate.  

Sometimes you're the pigeon; sometimes you're the statue.  McCullers was the statue last night.

Pedro Martinez points out the difference in how high McCullers lifts his hands for his curve vs. his sinker.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/02/pedro-martinez-lance-mccullers-drastically-tipped-pitches/

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

Pedro Martinez points out the difference in how high McCullers lifts his hands for his curve vs. his sinker.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/02/pedro-martinez-lance-mccullers-drastically-tipped-pitches/

These are things that I believe either the catcher or the pitching coach should be able to identify/catch during the game.  I'm not sure if that's unreasonable.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Phillies win rekindles interest.

But, Astros are still hovering.

Nola's last two starts have not been great.  I really think Philly needs to win tonight to even begin to feel a LITTLE comfortable.  Philly can't count on hitting 5 bombs again and they need to be able to manufacture some runs.  I think if Houston wins tonight, this series is going seven games.  Still hanging onto Phillies in 6.

• Like (+1) 1

There's already a separate grateful dead thread but this is relevant.  Hopefully fans of the Dead and other bands have noticed the Dead songs playing as they go to commercials during these sporting events.  Here's a cool article from a couple years ago explaining why!  Weir everywhere

https://relix.com/articles/detail/deadicated-fox-sports-jacob-ullman-on-bringing-the-grateful-dead-to-the-world-series-and-nascar/

Verlander vs. Syndergaard tonight. 

If Verlander sh!ts the bed again, then he’s just cursed. 

The Phillies can’t feel great about Syndergaard being their guy in what is pretty much a must-win game. 

But this Series has been chock full of WTF moments/games, so who the hell knows what’s in store for tonight?

It’s been a fun one to watch, so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2022 at 10:57 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

I always find it interesting how dominating the NFL is when it comes to sports. I looked up the World Series ratings, which are up from last year, and 11.5 million viewers watched game 1. A respectable number for sure. Then you see that last weeks Chiefs 49ers game had 22 million viewers. Nuts

No disrespect to baseball, hockey, or basketball but there are two seasons in sports. Football season and everything else. 

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Verlander vs. Syndergaard tonight. 

If Verlander sh!ts the bed again, then he’s just cursed. 

The Phillies can’t feel great about Syndergaard being their guy in what is pretty much a must-win game. 

But this Series has been chock full of WTF moments/games, so who the hell knows what’s in store for tonight?

It’s been a fun one to watch, so far. 

Of course it's full of WTF moments.

It's full of WTF moments because playoffs are watered down. You'd normally see ***** like this during the season. Of course there's only been 19 combined no-hitters in history BUT 11 have come in last 20 years.

https://www.nonohitters.com/combined-no-hitters/

Pitch counts and metrics is going to make that a worthless achievement. 

So... Don't get me going Mister, I an so done with this nonsense.😉 

Leave the darn kid in. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course it's full of WTF moments.

It's full of WTF moments because playoffs are watered down. You'd normally see ***** like this during the season. Of course there's only been 19 combined no-hitters in history BUT 11 have come in last 20 years.

https://www.nonohitters.com/combined-no-hitters/

Pitch counts and metrics is going to make that a worthless achievement. 

So... Don't get me going Mister, I an so done with this non-sense.😉 

Leave the darn kid in. 

I think you have this thread confused with another thread dedicated to old men yelling at clouds. Try using the search function. 

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.