Colts benching Matt Ryan per Reich Benched regardless of injury

Big Blitz

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

They admit they made a mistake trading for Ryan.

Ho0w many admits are they allowed...they got Wentz in and then let him go,...now Ryan...

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you think we could get him as our backup for Moss and a 5th rounder? 

Did I do that right? 

Actually, I don't think there is a big difference between Keenum and Ryan at this point of his (Ryan) career.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Gosh, if only the Colts could get their QB situation right after "luck"ing their way into two generational QB's and only having one ring to show for it

Only one ring you say? What would I give to see the Bills win 1 ring.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Because Matt Ryan is doing his best Carson Wentz impersonation from last year for them.  He has been really bad. Also would not be surprised if this was coming from Irsay knowing he is dumping Ballard and Reich and wanting to see if he needs to draft a new QB as well.

Big Jim has feeling his oats lately. I bet he is pushing Frank. Ryan turned out to be a fairly poor choice to hold down the fort by now.
 But shouldn't they be tanking ? not tanking but tanking , tanking ?

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you think we could get him as our backup for Moss and a 5th rounder? 

Did I do that right? 

Back up the bus ?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Actually, I don't think there is a big difference between Keenum and Ryan at this point of his (Ryan) career.

Maybe, but your approach doesn’t get rid of Moss and a 5th rounder. That seems to be a high priority within a certain crowd. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I really doubt it.

They gave him a five-year $90M extension in July, after the surgery. There would have been zero reason to do that if they were tanking.

They thought he was going to get better.

They also signed Kerry Collins before the season. He got hurt and then they were down to Painter 

57 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They also signed Kerry Collins before the season. He got hurt and then they were down to Painter 

Yep, Collins got hurt in an early-season game & Painter came in, then started the following week. Painter is still probably the worst starting QB I've ever seen in the NFL. Collins was ready to return after 1-2 awful Painter starts, but the Colts announced they were sticking with Painter for the rest of the year. The absolutely did that to "suck for Luck", there is no question.

22 minutes ago, 947 said:

Yep, Collins got hurt in an early-season game & Painter came in, then started the following week. Painter is still probably the worst starting QB I've ever seen in the NFL. Collins was ready to return after 1-2 awful Painter starts, but the Colts announced they were sticking with Painter for the rest of the year. The absolutely did that to "suck for Luck", there is no question.

Collins had a bad concussion. He retired when it was still lingering after a few weeks. At that point, what choice did the colts have? 

Ah...more info coming out.

Apparently Colts decision in large part was based on being afraid a serious Ryan injury would leave them on the hook for a lot more than they are now due to injury guarantees 3 days into the new league year.

He is guaranteed $12 million but has another $7.205 million guaranteed for injury and a $10 million roster bonus also guaranteed for injury.  Apparently do not want to take a chance they are on the hook for an additional $17 million as they don't plan on him being their QB next year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/25/matt-ryans-contract-is-the-main-reason-he-wont-play-for-the-colts-again-this-year/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Did he choose to bring in the QB ?
Doubt it very seriously

So you're saying that the HC of the Colts had no say in the hiring of Phil Rivers, then Carson Wentz the following year, than Ryan the next?

No way you believe that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/26/2022 at 7:51 AM, Mr. WEO said:

So you're saying that the HC of the Colts had no say in the hiring of Phil Rivers, then Carson Wentz the following year, than Ryan the next?

No way you believe that.

He had input , oh sure.
 Do you think Frank would not have preferred to draft and develop a QB over time ?
You know Irsay has his hands all over this. he's a a touchy feely guy.

But yes you have me WEO , for overstating my position 😏

On 10/26/2022 at 8:28 AM, Mr. WEO said:

he’s just lame

Hell of an operation those Colts run.
 I still miss Earl Morrall and the days of high tops

On 10/26/2022 at 8:36 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

Sure we want that first ring, but 15 years from now would you feel satisfied if Allen retired with just one ring? A player of his immense talent? 

Beane wants a dynasty of Legendary tales.
 Karma owes us 😉

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.