Breece Hall possible blown ACL

RunTheBall

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m here and I’m doing fine. My talent evaluation was spot on, life happens. 

That's the problem with taking a chance on a running back in the first round.  Even if they're as good as advertised they usually are more injury prone relative to other positions and have a shorter shelf life.

1 hour ago, Success said:

That sucks. He was doing great for them.

Best wishes for a fast & full recovery.

It sure does suck. and agree , hope the kid can return to full strength next season.

These kinds of injuries are just brutal for players and I Hate to see it happen to anyone

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m here and I’m doing fine. My talent evaluation was spot on, life happens. 

No one denied that he was a great back.  Walker looks even better.  

The argument for not taking him starts with positional value.  One of the reasons RB has a lower positional value is injury risk to pair with rarely getting what you pay for in a 2nd contract / shorter careers.  

But you knew this.  You just love the Rb position and enjoy watching stud RBs run.  Me too.  Watching a great rb is like watching a great artist at work.  Magical.  But winning a SB and building a great team for sustained success is easier done not drafting a RB in rd 1.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Top speed of 21.87 mph:

"...Hall gutted the Denver defense with a 62-yard touchdown in the first quarter, reaching a maximum speed of 21.87 mph -- the fastest this season by any ballcarrier, according to Next Gen Stats. On his second run after the touchdown, he landed awkwardly after being tackled by a cluster of players in front of the Jets' sideline.   ..."

Source:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34864264/jets-breece-hall-ruled-vs-broncos-knee-injury

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He was on a tear.  Tough break.

*I just re-read this and cringed.  Yikes.  No pun intended, I swear.  I wanted the Bills to draft Breece.  Genuinely feel bad for him. 

I would have LOVED for the Bills to draft Breece. But he was LONG gone by the time I would have made that move.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Top speed of 21.87 mph:

"...Hall gutted the Denver defense with a 62-yard touchdown in the first quarter, reaching a maximum speed of 21.87 mph -- the fastest this season by any ballcarrier, according to Next Gen Stats. On his second run after the touchdown, he landed awkwardly after being tackled by a cluster of players in front of the Jets' sideline.   ..."

Source:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34864264/jets-breece-hall-ruled-vs-broncos-knee-injury

It's pretty crazy how players you wouldn't expect to reach those speeds can reach those speeds

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.