Refs asking Mike Evans for Autograph

Donuts and Doritos

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

People should just be ashamed of themselves for jumping to immediate conclusions and firing a referee for nothing.

I just do not get the rush to judgement in society today - everyone in the media wants to be first to report things without even knowing what they are reporting on.

Just make a few assumptions and fit it to your images.

Well, the NFL has created their own monster.  It is SO much more than a game.  If there is anything that even remotely appears to be susceptible to criticism, IT WILL BE CRITICIZED.  This is not some beer league adventure, there are billions of dollars now riding on this enterprise and with the embrace of gambling by the NFL and the country, it's only going to get worse.  

IMO...the refs should have ZERO contact with the players at any point, especially off the field.  Refs and players hanging out with a Fan Duel rep at a golf match??  Yeah, good idea.  

1 minute ago, LDD said:

Well, the NFL has created their own monster.  It is SO much more than a game.  If there is anything that even remotely appears to be susceptible to criticism, IT WILL BE CRITICIZED.  This is not some beer league adventure, there are billions of dollars now riding on this enterprise and with the embrace of gambling by the NFL and the country, it's only going to get worse.  

IMO...the refs should have ZERO contact with the players at any point, especially off the field.  Refs and players hanging out with a Fan Duel rep at a golf match??  Yeah, good idea.  

Totally disagree - someone saw this happen and created a story to fit the video without ever asking what really happened.

The Refs, players, league officials and team officials all have lives outside the NFL and sometimes those paths intersect - whether it is common friends, mutual acquaintances, or guys from college - everything should not automatically be seen as improper contact.

The fact that someone took a video and then created a scenario for that video created a ton of issues that were cleared up in 20 seconds by getting the actual story.  If these guys get together for some Texas A&M alumni event - I could not care less as they both have lives outside the NFL.

If gambling is the issue - maybe people should stop putting money on a game they do not trust or that they think is fixed.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Totally disagree - someone saw this happen and created a story to fit the video without ever asking what really happened.

The Refs, players, league officials and team officials all have lives outside the NFL and sometimes those paths intersect - whether it is common friends, mutual acquaintances, or guys from college - everything should not automatically be seen as improper contact.

The fact that someone took a video and then created a scenario for that video created a ton of issues that were cleared up in 20 seconds by getting the actual story.  If these guys get together for some Texas A&M alumni event - I could not care less as they both have lives outside the NFL.

If gambling is the issue - maybe people should stop putting money on a game they do not trust or that they think is fixed.

I tend to agree more with LDD that this is the monster the NFL has created, but for different reasons. By being such media whores and wanting to dominate the air waves always being on TV or Radio, or social media. By being so shady in their league office practices. And by having seemingly zero accountability for poor officiating.

I dont think they should try to restrict any and all player/ref contact. But they shouldnt be surprised if/when a "story" like this catches fire. I'm sure Roger appreciates the clicks and isnt losing sleep over it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.