Bills thru hardest stretch of schedule what needs to happen to secure homefield

CorkScrewHill

I expect they will be favored in all remaining games except maybe Cindy.

Assuming they lose no more games

- nothing HF is theirs

assuming they lose 1 game

- the Jets, Cindy, and the Chargers need to lose 1 game

assuming they lose 2 games ( my expectation)

- Jets, Bengals, and Chargers would have to lose 2 games ( obviously depends on head to head matchup … this is worst case), the Dolphins, Pats, Colts, Titans, Chiefs would have to lose 1 game. 

11 loses throughout the season across those teams seems inevitable... it is encouraging how good their odds are currently

• Like (+1) 1

After careful consideration, I think it’s very important that we don’t give up a loss during the bye week. 

We have a long way to go, and I expect some twists and turns. I will not jinx anything by listing what could ge wrong, but it looks like we may be pretty well set for a strong finish. Just peak heading into the playoffs! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It's all right there in our hands.  We control our own proverbial destiny.

Stay focused, work hard, take it 1 week at a time, assume your opponent is the best team in the league, and don't do anything stupid.  Avoid mistakes.  Execute.

If we can stick to that game plan, we have the power to win the Super Bowl. 

The entire season will come down to a few playoff games and the specific twists and turns in each one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

The Bills will get home field if they stay healthy.  Realistically, it is a two horse race, and they have what amounts to a 2 game lead over the Chiefs.  There really isn't a loss left on their schedule, but there will likely be another Miami type situation. It looks like a 15-2 team and my guess is the Chiefs end up 13-4 with two seed. 

Not sure we can say this.

We still have to play at CInci, H/A vs. the Jets & the Patsies. We do get the Packers and Vikings in the OP. We also get Miami at home the third weekend in December. There's a lot of chances to stumble.  Detroit on Turkey day is a trap game on a short week.  Hoping the worst of our injury woes are over.

McD stresses one game at a time.

• Like (+1) 4

Before the season started, many posters and columns I'd read were predicting at best a 5-2 and maybe a 4-3 start. Talk was 5-2 would likely still give them home field, 4-3 decent shot.  Good chance they will be starting 6-1

So the question is who thought they'd start 5-1 and the one loss would be to Miami?  Don't think any of the predictions picked that would be the one they'd lose.

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Detroit on Turkey day is a trap game on a short week. 

The likely 9-1 Bills are not losing to the likely 1-9 Lions.  Only reason to watch that game is to see if the Bills score 60. 60 is a real possibility vs the Lions D. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I expect they will be favored in all remaining games except maybe Cindy.

Assuming they lose no more games

- nothing HF is theirs

assuming they lose 1 game

- the Jets, Cindy, and the Chargers need to lose 1 game

assuming they lose 2 games ( my expectation)

- Jets, Bengals, and Chargers would have to lose 2 games ( obviously depends on head to head matchup … this is worst case), the Dolphins, Pats, Colts, Titans, Chiefs would have to lose 1 game. 

11 loses throughout the season across those teams seems inevitable... it is encouraging how good their odds are currently

lol they’ll be favored against Cincy.  If they were favored in KC they will for sure be favored against Cincy.  Especially if they go in there with only a couple losses 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills will get home field if they stay healthy.  Realistically, it is a two horse race, and they have what amounts to a 2 game lead over the Chiefs.  There really isn't a loss left on their schedule, but there will likely be another Miami type situation. It looks like a 15-2 team and my guess is the Chiefs end up 13-4 with two seed. 

But they still have the JETS x's 2. How do you expect use to compete with such a power house!

They just need to keep playing like they are. Should not have more than 2 losses the rest of the way. Clearly better than every other team on their schedule.

And key offensive players need to stay healthy.

Edited by Big Turk

The "One game at a time" approach that the Bills espouse has seemingly worked well for this team.

There will likely be stumbles along the way, it's a long season.

But the way the D is executing, and how Josh keeps doing Josh,  I feel will see us through.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.