Broncos getting trade calls for Jeudy and Chubb

BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, sullim4 said:

I don't understand why so many people feel like we need someone else on top of Diggs and Davis or some other running back.

If anything, this team needs OG help.

It's because no position on the field (other than QB) translates to wins more than a stud WR, and adding another TOP WR to this roster now is perceived as a move that would put us over the top.  Take a great offense and make it literally indefensible.  

You know, a last minute, trade deadline kind of move designed to get a championship here and NOW.

If we can acquire some backup OL talent, I'm in favor of that too.  If one or 2 of our guys goes down, having better replacements could be the difference between winning the SB and NOT.

• Like (+1) 1

Hamler is a slot only WR with injury issues. Probably not interested in that for anything more than a late day 3 pick.

Jeudy has been too shaky catching the ball for me to trust him. Nothing turns me off of a WR more than drop issues. For our 3rd I'd consider it because of upside, but I'm guessing they want at least a 2nd to even think about it.

I would just stay the course at WR for now. We'll have Kumerow back within a few weeks and we can sign OBJ once he's ready to play some time in December.

Posted this in another thread..

KJ Hamler would be a guy I go after. Former second round pick, just turned 23yo. Would be the fastest guy on our offense and provide needed depth at WR. 

Had the ACL injury and otherwise has been stuck in a terrible offense and is not being used.

Don't think it's fair to judge his career so far considering what he's dealt with. Sure he could stink, but there is also likely some legit potential there. Worth a 4th rd flyer.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hamler is a slot only WR with injury issues. Probably not interested in that for anything more than a late day 3 pick.

Jeudy has been too shaky catching the ball for me to trust him. Nothing turns me off of a WR more than drop issues. For our 3rd I'd consider it because of upside, but I'm guessing they want at least a 2nd to even think about it.

I would just stay the course at WR for now. We'll have Kumerow back within a few weeks and we can sign OBJ once he's ready to play some time in December.

It's not like we couldn't use some depth in the slot. 

Shakir should be starting. If he were to get hurt, Hamler could fill in. If Davis or Diggs got hurt, Shakir could play some outside with Hamler taking over in the slot. 

I'd prefer to never see McKenzie or Kumerow start another game. We have zero WR depth right now. 

You're right that OBJ would solve this issue, but we have no idea if he'll want to sign here, or when he will be ready.

Love Hamler for a 4th/5th. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Process said:

It's not like we couldn't use some depth in the slot. 

Shakir should be starting. If he were to get hurt, Hamler could fill in. If Davis or Diggs got hurt, Shakir could play some outside with Hamler taking over in the slot. 

I'd prefer to never see McKenzie or Kumerow start another game. We have zero WR depth right now. 

You're right that OBJ would solve this issue, but we have no idea if he'll want to sign here, or when he will be ready.

Love Hamler for a 4th/5th. 

I don't think obj is coming here. I think he wants to stay in LA. Beane might as well make a move. If OBJ was really coming here then he would’ve already signed. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Bronocs fans aren't bothered about letting them go either.

Jeudy can probably be had for a 3rd.

While Chubb is good, he probably won't be re-signed after this year.

Russell Wilson and Seahawks really screwed over Denver.

More like Paton as Denvers gm screwed the pooch.  Thought they could just buy another franchise QB like when Peyton had his swansong season winning his 2nd SB.  Don't think that's gonna happen with Russ.

4 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I don't understand why so many people feel like we need someone else on top of Diggs and Davis or some other running back.

I think still a question mark in the slot.

Crowded burr, Mckenzie is wildly inconsistent and While shakir looks good, he's still a rookie.

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

Have you seen Jeudy play recently?  He runs routes poorly and drops too many passes in his hands.  HARD pass!

Ok…… You wouldn’t trade Hodgins for Jeudy?  That’s what the guy suggested…. You think that’s a bad idea?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Ok…… You wouldn’t trade Hodgins for Jeudy?  That’s what the guy suggested…. You think that’s a bad idea?

Why would they make that trade? The entire point of Denver dealing people is to gather picks to rebuild, what's the point of trading a WR they aren't satisfied with for one we apparently aren't satisfied with who can't even get on our field?

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Why would they make that trade? The entire point of Denver dealing people is to gather picks to rebuild, what's the point of trading a WR they aren't satisfied with for one we apparently aren't satisfied with who can't even get on our field?

That has nothing to do with my comment or the comment I was responding to.   

7 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Nobody is moving OL! Period. There's more skill players than ever, and OL play around the league is the worst I can remember ever seeing.

And again, how is everyone forgetting what this team looked like with Gabe down this year? Or the AFCCG against KC? Or the Rams winning the SB on fumes after after going down to only Kupp.

If Davis gets hurt again do you want Kumerow starting in a SB? 

Do you try to save $60/mth by not carrying car insurance?

Jeudy happens to play in the slot too, so he could start with Diggs/Davis, and God forbid someone goes down Josh isn't stuck with McKittrick as his 2nd option.

Doesn't have to be jeudy or obj. Just should be someone! 

6 hours ago, T master said:

I would think if they are interested in either it would be the RB the Bills passing game isn't hurting & they have some on the practice squad that can fill in & do a pretty good job but the running game is the piece that up until last week has been struggling a bit so i'd say Chubb if either one 

Bradley Chubb DE Denver, not CLE RB

4 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Chubb has a base salary of almost $11 million next year and almost $12 million the year after. Getting him for that money would be a drought-era move.

That's nothing for a DE!

Are you thinking Nick Chubb CLE RB?

23 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Literally the last thing the Bills need is a WR.

Would love to hear this explained

18 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Literally the last thing the Bills need is a WR.

This times 1000.  Most teams would kill for our depth chart at WR.

You do not trade for players based on what could happen.  You trade for players at the deadline to fill immediate needs.  There is no need on this team for a WR.

By this same logic we should be going after a LB - what if Milano gets injured and we're stuck with Edmunds and Dodson?  That proposition seems a lot scarier to me than (Diggs or Davis) and Shakir as WR1 and WR2.

Or what about trading for a kicker?  After all, what happens if Bass is injured and we can't kick PATs?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.