Broncos getting trade calls for Jeudy and Chubb

BuffaloBills1998

On 10/24/2022 at 10:29 AM, gonzo1105 said:

If I were looking at a player from Denver I'd probably go after KJ Hamler. Explosive slot guy who can get vertical. Wouldn't cost as much as Jeudy or Chubb but i'm sure wouldn't be cheap either so I suspect we wouldn't make a move on that. 

Throw in Hamler with Chubb and I'd give a 2nd & 3rd plus AJ.

I know it's not gonna happen, but I would LOVE it if the Bills traded for Jeudy.

He'd be an immediate upgrade in the slot. 

He's on a cost controlled rookie deal for two more seasons.

He'd be a big time playmaker in this offense, I think.

Diggs/Davis is an excellent duo, but adding Jeudy would push the Bills WR corps into "best in the league" territory, in my opinion.

Alas, I doubt Beane would want to give up the draft compensation it would probably take to get Jeudy (and who could blame him?), and the Broncos probably aren't keen to trade him because they're lying to themselves and thinking they're contenders.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McBeane are probably more inclined to want to give Shakir more reps in the slot than trade compensation for Jeudy… still think OBJ is in play later in the year. 

I agree on both counts.

Personally, I'd rather have 23 year old Jerry Jeudy, who can play right away for Buffalo, than soon-to-be 30 year old OBJ coming off two ACL tears, who probably can't play until December or January and whose effectiveness after those injuries is to be determined.

The key difference, of course, is that OBJ can be had without having to give up draft picks. On the other hand, I believe Jeudy would be cheaper, and that's not nothing when it comes to a team as close to the cap as the Bills are.

It's all moot, I think, because I haven't even seen any evidence that the Broncos want to trade Jeudy anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

If we don’t like McKenzie anymore you’re probably not going to like Jeudy. Similar players, great athletes but kinda awkward football players. 
I have seen Jeudy trip over his own feet more than once, run the wrong routes, mis time jumps and as alpha states above the hands can be suspect.. Juedy and Chubb won’t be sold away cheap. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/23/2022 at 11:07 AM, uninja said:

JJ’s hands are suspect. So weird because he was so sure handed in college. 

He’s been top 20 in drops since entering the league, breaking top 10 in 2021. 

Zay Jones was the same way I think.  I dont watch college but I heard he had good hands in college.

37 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Moss and a 5th for both players. Did I do this right? I see this offer in every trade thread lol

Why do people keep wanting to throw draft picks away.  Moss alone should be enough to get it done.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

If we don’t like McKenzie anymore you’re probably not going to like Jeudy. Similar players, great athletes but kinda awkward football players. 
I have seen Jeudy trip over his own feet more than once, run the wrong routes, mis time jumps and as alpha states above the hands can be suspect.. Juedy and Chubb won’t be sold away cheap. 

I don't want any part of Juedy or McKenzie.  Roll with Shakir in the slot and maybe Hamler could be had. Chubb would be amazing opposite Von but probably too expensive. 

• Agree 1

I think the Bills want to roll with shakir. I don't believe that either McKenzie or Crowder are under contract next year so Shakir will be the uncontested starter.

Chubb is a different case in that he could spell both Von and Groot.

Ernie Acorsi who built the world champion giants said you can never have enough pass rushing DEs.

So you could have Chubb opposite of Von or opposite of Groot and rest Von. You could even sprinkle Boogie in there keeping all 4 fresh for the end of the game and even the end of the season

10 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

No thanks on Jeudy.  He may have worse drop problems than Zay Jones had.  

He was supposed to be this great route runner who's always open, with the best hands in his class.  He never is.  He drops balls.  Isn't a deep threat despite his 40 time.  

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Missed in all this is that Juedy the last 2 seasons has a 50% catch rate.  Which is atrocious.  

Full guarantee for year 4 which is reasonable, but then you basically have to dump him to UFA because there is 0 chance you give that guy a 5th year option.  

11 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think the Bills want to roll with shakir. I don't believe that either McKenzie or Crowder are under contract next year so Shakir will be the uncontested starter.

Chubb is a different case in that he could spell both Von and Groot.

Ernie Acorsi who built the world champion giants said you can never have enough pass rushing DEs.

So you could have Chubb opposite of Von or opposite of Groot and rest Von. You could even sprinkle Boogie in there keeping all 4 fresh for the end of the game and even the end of the season

Chubb is also... a good player?  

On 10/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, Bangarang said:

Can’t imagine BB would give up picks for a guy in the final year of his contract and looking for a big pay day. We won’t be able to afford Chubb’s new deal. 

Next year is when Allen’s big money starts and we need those draft picks for cheap, young talent

Value wise, it’s not a terrible offer though. 

I'm open to Chubb if it sends out another contract - the only one they'd probably want is AJ or Boogie though.  

As for any of their WRs - its clear to me that none of them are worth what the ask likely is.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.