Any Realistic Guard Available at Trade Deadline?

Wizard

Just now, T master said:

True you can always improve but i don't think we suck as bad as some here think we do ! 

WOW you be a Lyndonville NY Bill ? Use to live there myself on County line rd lot of family & friends still there . Go Bills !! 

😁. Yes sir. Millers rd. 1st farm on the left past the canning factory.

I remember a couple weeks ago Josh Allen was asked about what having Saffold has meant to the oline. He replied with the typical stuff you would expect (leadership and experience), however he added that Saffold had been playing through a few injuries and was not at 100%. I think his play on the field has reflected that. I'm hoping the bye week can help him come along a bit and will improve his ability.

Trading mid season for a guard is a difficult task. Takes time to build familiarity with your line mates. Not only in learning the blocking assignments but in what the guys around you tend to do. Yes, they would need to gel. If Saffold is replaced (he won't be IMO) they would do it with next man up...either Q or (GASP) Bobby Hart. 

38 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I’d love risner. Seems like a process guy through and through. Then again, we wouldn’t be talking about this if we had just taken Creed Humphrey instead of Carlos Basham or Dylan Parham instead of Bernard. 

Oh whoa is us.  Only if Brandon Beane would’ve done like I had wanted him to we’d be the best team in the league…..

Edited by NewEra
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

With only a couple of exceptions, every team is in the same boat: Their offensive lines consist of one or two good offensive linemen and the rest are average or below - and their depth is awful.

I can't see any team giving up a lineman that would be worth trading for.

There is always PS discount bin to search in

1 hour ago, T master said:

Every one says that our O line sucks but then you listen to someone like Dan Orlavski & he in a break down of last weeks game gives our guys a great review of their individual & collective play but if you ask the experts here they say they suck i don't get it ...

once they went back to pin and pull schemes from outside zone they started looking average to good. wide zone blocking is not our strength

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I remember a couple weeks ago Josh Allen was asked about what having Saffold has meant to the oline. He replied with the typical stuff you would expect (leadership and experience), however he added that Saffold had been playing through a few injuries and was not at 100%. I think his play on the field has reflected that. I'm hoping the bye week can help him come along a bit and will improve his ability.

Trading mid season for a guard is a difficult task. Takes time to build familiarity with your line mates. Not only in learning the blocking assignments but in what the guys around you tend to do. Yes, they would need to gel. If Saffold is replaced (he won't be IMO) they would do it with next man up...either Q or (GASP) Bobby Hart. 

Saffold started the season coming off a shoulder injury, if you all remember he was on the sidelines during a big chunk of training camp, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that he was not in game shape at the start of the season, the KC game appears to show he is coming around, fingers crossed 🤞 he has turned the corner so to speak.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This is the line that gave up one (1) sack and plowed the way for 125 yards in their last game.

And zero (0) sacks and 120 yards in the game before that.

And one (1) sack and 125 yards in the game before that.

Last three games: 2 sacks, and 370 yards . . .  Not time to panic.

Sure, if some all-world o-lineman becomes available on the cheap, go for it. But that ain't happening. But don't panic, our o-line is doing just fine.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

I’d love risner. Seems like a process guy through and through. Then again, we wouldn’t be talking about this if we had just taken Creed Humphrey instead of Carlos Basham or Dylan Parham instead of Bernard. 

Any maybe we'd have lost last weeks game to KC without Basham .  Believe I read some article the other day thathe actually has one of the highest rating's on the D line.

The biggest issue this team has had for the past two seasons was rushing the passer and stopping the run, so can't in any way fault them for putting many of their resources in that area.

Having said that, do think this coming off season will see  more picks on O-line

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Comments like this would have value if you listed all your draft choices.

Maybe this team is much better than your alternative one because Beane drafted Rousseau, Knox, Davis, Benford and many other players instead of those you were suggesting. It works both ways, but you are cherrypicking his percieved misses to prove your point.

Edited by No_Matter_What

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.