Any Realistic Guard Available at Trade Deadline?

Wizard

I am wondering if there is a realistic upgrade at guard available. If so, any non-playoff looking teams who may be willing to do so.

I do not know a lot about guards. Do you think Buffalo would look at someone with a higher pass blocking rating, a strength already across the line, or would the Bills likely favor someone with higher run blocking ability?

Who might be available and what is a realistic cost?  The guy I would want the Bills to call on would be Chris Lindstrom of the Falcons.

I know drafting OL is a strong possibility in the next draft. Just curious if we stand pat, or what kind of move may make sense.

Thoughts?

• Agree 2

Every one says that our O line sucks but then you listen to someone like Dan Orlavski & he in a break down of last weeks game gives our guys a great review of their individual & collective play but if you ask the experts here they say they suck i don't get it ...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, T master said:

Every one says that our O line sucks but then you listen to someone like Dan Orlavski & he in a break down of last weeks game gives our guys a great review of their individual & collective play but if you ask the experts here they say they suck i don't get it ...

As many would say, "It's PFF", but none the less, they rank the Bills at 22.. Bottom 3rd? We have PLENTY that could be improved.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/pff-bills-offensive-line-ranked-151502886.html

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Guard play has been bad for the entire league.

Defensive lines have been dominant.

Even Tim Settle pushed Quentin Nelson around. 😁

There just isn't enough to go around.

I mentioned Dalton Risner from the Broncos in the deadline thread. Might be worth a look at.

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I mentioned Dalton Risner from the Broncos in the deadline thread. Might be worth a look at.

I’d love risner. Seems like a process guy through and through. Then again, we wouldn’t be talking about this if we had just taken Creed Humphrey instead of Carlos Basham or Dylan Parham instead of Bernard. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

I’d love risner. Seems like a process guy through and through. Then again, we wouldn’t be talking about this if we had just taken Creed Humphrey instead of Carlos Basham or Dylan Parham instead of Bernard. 

Don't disagree, but, need to move forward. Can't keep living in the past.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am not indicating that the guards are horrible. In Championship windows, a team always looks to improve in those areas that may be most vulnerable come the playoffs.

Boettger may be that player needed. Still, Saffold is a shorter term addition. The team is solid, however, until a championship is won, I am wondering if there is something out there to make the team even more formidable.

Just short-term and longer-term planning question/thought. It's what good businesses, financial portfolios, and teams do.

• Agree 1

With only a couple of exceptions, every team is in the same boat: Their offensive lines consist of one or two good offensive linemen and the rest are average or below - and their depth is awful.

I can't see any team giving up a lineman that would be worth trading for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

With only a couple of exceptions, every team is in the same boat: Their offensive lines consist of one or two good offensive linemen and the rest are average or below - and their depth is awful.

I can't see any team giving up a lineman that would be worth trading for.

Is Ereck Flowers still a FA?🤔

33 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

As many would say, "It's PFF", but none the less, they rank the Bills at 22.. Bottom 3rd? We have PLENTY that could be improved.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/pff-bills-offensive-line-ranked-151502886.html

True you can always improve but i don't think we suck as bad as some here think we do ! 

WOW you be a Lyndonville NY Bill ? Use to live there myself on County line rd lot of family & friends still there . Go Bills !! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.