Hochul

Irv

New York is a lost cause.  Joke of a state. 

Feel bad for my friends and family still living on Long Island. 

NYC Dems run the state and y’all get to deal with it if you don’t have the ability to leave. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

New York is a lost cause.  Joke of a state. 

Feel bad for my friends and family still living on Long Island. 

NYC Dems run the state and y’all get to deal with it if you don’t have the ability to leave. 

If I lived in NY I’d have held my nose and voted for Zeldin. But they need to bring back a Pataki Republican who may actually win something. 

Zeldin had quite the impressive performance for competing in an extremely deep blue bastion. 52% to 48% is an exceptional showing. Really pushed Hochul everywhere but NYC (outside of Long Island). Erie county broke for Hochul by the slimmest of margins, 50.13 to 49.87. If the state wasn't drug down by NYC it would have been a decisive victory for Zeldin. It is just next to impossible to win a governorship in modern day NY as a Republican. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Zeldin had quite the impressive performance for competing in an extremely deep blue bastion. 52% to 48% is an exceptional showing. Really pushed Hochul everywhere but NYC (outside of Long Island). Erie county broke for Hochul by the slimmest of margins, 50.13 to 49.87. If the state wasn't drug down by NYC it would have been a decisive victory for Zeldin. It is just next to impossible to win a governorship in modern day NY as a Republican. 

I agree. Once everything was counted, Zeldin surprised. But again: a good old-fashioned Republican (think Pataki) probably wins last night. Zeldin isn’t the worst of the Trump buttkissers, but just enough to give a weak candidate like Hochul the win. 

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

LOL.

Hard to argue.  Personally, I think NYS has gone past the point of no return when it comes to conservative policy.  Hochul was on board when Cuomo was harassing women, when the SUNY Poly scandal took place, when the administration was cooking the books on COVUD after being caught unprepared for the pandemic itself, and has her own burgeoning pay-to-play scandals.  

Meanwhile, we’re shedding population at an alarming rate over the 8 years she’s been in office. 

The answer, of course, is to give her a whack at running the whole show. 

It’s not really all that different than the election of Biden.  For all the talk about progressive political agendas and hope and change, dem voters are like everyone else—-the status quo is fine as long as they get theirs, and in NY, Hochul is status quo. 

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hard to argue.  Personally, I think NYS has gone past the point of no return when it comes to conservative policy.  Hochul was on board when Cuomo was harassing women, when the SUNY Poly scandal took place, when the administration was cooking the books on COVUD after being caught unprepared for the pandemic itself, and has her own burgeoning pay-to-play scandals.  

Meanwhile, we’re shedding population at an alarming rate over the 8 years she’s been in office. 

The answer, of course, is to give her a whack at running the whole show. 

It’s not really all that different than the election of Biden.  For all the talk about progressive political agendas and hope and change, dem voters are like everyone else—-the status quo is fine as long as they get theirs, and in NY, Hochul is status quo. 

MAGA tears are delicious.

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

MAGA tears are delicious.

Wrong guy Chief.  

This is an “it is what it is” situation.   If Hochul morphs into something good for NY, in a manner that makes sense to me, I’ll be happy for the good people of NY.  The math and her history suggests that won’t happen, but we’ll see.   

For me, it’s all about creating options for personal choices moving forward.  

Enjoy the tears though.