Tim Harmston: The Packers Should Try To Skip The Bills Game

Bogie_Klinkhammer

image.png.92805b75a248c793e8e5e3f543161adb.png

By Tim Harmston - October 22, 2022

When I was a grade-schooler, I was very good at getting out of my homework or faking like I was sick, especially when I had a big math test the next day.

When I told my mom I had a fever and couldn’t go to class, she’d put a thermometer under my tongue. But when she left the room, I would put it on the heat register so it would get super hot. One time this caused me to have a temperature of 107.5 degrees. Whatever excuse it took to get out of my test, no matter how outrageous or improbable, I would try it.

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/packers/the-packers-should-try-to-skip-the-bills-game/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.92805b75a248c793e8e5e3f543161adb.png

By Tim Harmston - October 22, 2022

When I was a grade-schooler, I was very good at getting out of my homework or faking like I was sick, especially when I had a big math test the next day.

When I told my mom I had a fever and couldn’t go to class, she’d put a thermometer under my tongue. But when she left the room, I would put it on the heat register so it would get super hot. One time this caused me to have a temperature of 107.5 degrees. Whatever excuse it took to get out of my test, no matter how outrageous or improbable, I would try it.

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/packers/the-packers-should-try-to-skip-the-bills-game/

It was Rodgers experience with Ayahuasca that allowed him to levitate the ball like that. 

Or, at least…..that’s what he thought. 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Quotes like this can only tend to motivate the Packers.  Wish these guys would keep quite, but at least it didn't come out of Buffalo media.

I don't really care. We are a far better team and Josh Allen is looking to bury them after what they did to him his rookie year.

Let Rodgers get all riled up. Crushing someone when they are at their best is even better. They realize it's futile.

Allen also has a career 108.5 QB rating in prime time night games.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

• Bogie_Klinkhammer changed the title to Tim Harmston: The Packers Should Try To Skip The Bills Game
49 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Packers only have themselves to blame, playing some horrible football right now.

I’m actually surprised by how horrible their defense has been. There’s no excuse for it with all the talent they have on that side of the ball. Just bad coaching with no adjustments. Seems like the DBs have checked out.

• Like (+1) 1

I normally don't trust middle-aged men with haircuts like that but it was an entertaining read.

"Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat."

We don't have beat writers who can do that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

So the writers parents believed their kid had a 107.5 temp?

Skipping out of exams was the least of his worries as a kid.

Fred tried that in a Flintstones episode. Didn't work out well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Quotes like this can only tend to motivate the Packers.  Wish these guys would keep quite, but at least it didn't come out of Buffalo media.

If trying to win a second Super Bowl and salvage his diminishing legacy as a player who can win doesn't motivate Rodgers, I doubt that some bon mots from a guy called Tim Harmston will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Fred tried that in a Flintstones episode. Didn't work out well.

Marge Simpson: Homer, your boss called and said If you don’t come to work on Friday, then just stay at home on Monday. 
Homer: Ya-hoo 4 day weekend. 

• Haha (+1) 7

The Packers are a dangerous team.  We could come out a little flat off the bye and Rodgers has the ability to play on an insane level.  However, the talent levels are just a mismatch. It could get ugly, but I won't be shocked if the game is competitive for a half. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The Packers are a dangerous team.  We could come out a little flat off the bye and Rodgers has the ability to play on an insane level.  However, the talent levels are just a mismatch. It could get ugly, but I won't be shocked if the game is competitive for a half. 

Honk honk

5 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

So, you just covered it all. 

• Haha (+1) 2

It's a comedian from Wisconsin.

Not media affiliate at all, just a guy talking that was quoted. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

So the writers parents believed their kid had a 107.5 temp?

Skipping out of exams was the least of his worries as a kid.

I got up to 106 when I had meningitis when I was little. That temp makes you have really really interesting dreams/hallucinations.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.