Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

12 minutes ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

I was Beef on Weck but changed when I saw the team coming together in their Blue Jerseys - aka The Blues Brothers. Loved the movie and Actually saw Belushi and Akroyd as The Blues Brothers in Red Rocks Colorado when visiting family as a high schooler. 

Red Rocks Amphitheater morrison CO. GREAT Venue. Living in CO I saw many shows there. The Blues Brothers live OH MY that is about as iconic as it gets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Never heard of him. But now we all know!

Played for the Bills for a year, maybe.  And he wasn't 88 or 98 (whatever Goat's icon is wearing). So I'm thinking he is busting our chops. 

3 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I go wayyyy back to the BBMB. early 2000s.  Bad the same name there  My name is quite original.  TB for Tampa Bay. Bills fan, because I'm a Bills fan.  So clever

Ever been to the Buffalo City Bar and Grill in St Pete?  I was there several years ago and had a good time. Do you know if it is still there/good?

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Ever been to the Buffalo City Bar and Grill in St Pete?  I was there several years ago and had a good time. Do you know if it is still there/goood

I believe it is. I'm a bit north of Tampa now so st Pete is a solid hour drive so I don't really spend very much time there. I love obriens in Brandon so.if anyone is in the area for a bills game, check out obriens!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I believe it is. I'm a bit north of Tampa now so st Pete is a solid hour drive so I don't really spend very much time there. I love obriens in Brandon so.if anyone is in the area for a bills game, check out obriens!

Excellent tip. Thanks. I plan to hit TB Downs at some point, so may turn it into a weekend and catch the Bills somewhere out there.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Are you old enough to remember Clip doing Wegmans “Let’s Go To The Races” TV show?

Clip Smith and Wegmans … can’t connect that… I feel Wegmans wasn’t in Buffalo yet while Clippy was around … I must be wrong on that 

13 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

O'Briens is right around the corner... been going there at least 15 years, for sure the place to go out and watch the Bills if in the area.

• Like (+1) 1

Many years ago, Jeremy White on WGR used to frequently talk about "the fun police" when those dreadful Bills teams would win a game or two but fans would say "yeah, but..." and not buy into it. 

We all remember the arguments "look, Jauron is 5-1. Scoreboard." vs "Jauron is a fraud and the record won't hold up" 

I just thought the phrase was funny sounding, and needed a screen name, and now I'm just used to it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.