Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's been a while but if my memory serves me right Watkins very first injury as a Bill was a rib injury he suffered in the pre-season before his first career game. There was a lot of doom and gloom from the fanbase around the injury. Little did we know at the time it would foretell an entire career of constant injuries for Sammy.

I always wondered about yours!

6 minutes ago, gomper said:

Super psychedelic 1967 Rolling Stones song. Name always stuck with me.

Love the Stones. Don’t know that song though. I’m gonna look it up!

Playing football in the neighborhood growing up, EVERYBODY was Bobby Chandler. Make a diving catch? “BOBBY CHANDLER!’. Toe drag catch at the sideline or end line of the endzone? “BOBBY CHANDLER!” 3 reasons; like every kid in the ‘hood, he was smallish & white & then he was Great!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BrownNgold said:

I followed Josh here from his college days

Really? We had a resident Wyoming fan who used to write a lot on the old BBMB. Miss her stuff for sure!

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Favorite band + my first name

Great stuff. Love the Who

• Agree 1

I first came to TBD around the very first year the site began back and at that time I was stationed in Virginia Beach, so I was RabidBillsFaninVA for many years and then changed it when I was stationed in Maryland.

After 20 years and 7 deployments, I retired to Ohio to take care of my wife's family in 2018 and now I'm EasternOHBillsFan. It's hard to believe I have been here for 24 years now... 24 years.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

A few weeks back a forum member asked me about the meaning of my screen name. I thought it would be fun during this down time to perhaps share some back ground with each other. 

I’ll start, I am a big fan of the Italian car brand Alfa Romeo and of course our Bills. Pretty simple really I made portmanteau of the two. 

Great topic, Alfa.

First part of the name is obvious. The second part of my name is the area code I live in; San Diego.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted some sort of a ColoradoBillsFan name.  After multiple tries that were taken, I accidently submitted ColoradoBills after

deleting the trailing "fan" and it took.  It looked a little weird, but I said, "screw it" and left it.

My current Avatar is the JFK Bears Logo from my High School in beautiful Cheektowaga (yes, I'm of Polish heritage).

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.