Motor on what is special about Josh as a teammate

CorkScrewHill

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj_LABbvF75/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

Not your normal football guy stuff…

Coy Wire asked Devin what story he could tell about Josh that shows why he is a special teammate ““After the game… He gave me a big hug… and told me… ‘I love you more than you know.’ As guys, we don’t usually say that to each other…. That’s real love.” Devin Singletary on Josh Allen after ⁦

@BuffaloBills victory over #Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj_LABbvF75/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

Not your normal football guy stuff…

Coy Wire asked Devin what story he could tell about Josh that shows why he is a special teammate ““After the game… He gave me a big hug… and told me… ‘I love you more than you know.’ As guys, we don’t usually say that to each other…. That’s real love.” Devin Singletary on Josh Allen after ⁦

@BuffaloBills victory over #Chiefs.

On a separate note, I can’t believe Coy Wire is still bopping around. I haven’t heard that name in ages! 

• Like (+1) 1

The more I watch the Chiefs game the more I come away impressed with Motors overall effort and production. Watch that first half again. The dude is moving piles and getting excellent north south effort. His pass blocking also was solid. He has become a complete back in my opinion and I was so glad Bills passed on CMC and stuck with possibly the most underrated back in the league. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3

Singletary was on the field for 63 snaps.

He had 22 touches or targets.

I think that's a heart-shout of Josh recognizing what Devin did on those 41 snaps most fans don't notice.  A lot of those snaps, he was being asked to block or at least chip someone who can give him 7" or more in height and 30-100 lbs in weight.

He did not flinch.  He did not blink.  Those aren't stats that show up in fantasy football or record books.

That's one of the reasons Josh loves him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Singletary was on the field for 63 snaps.

He had 22 touches or targets.

I think that's a heart-shout of Josh recognizing what Devin did on those 41 snaps most fans don't notice.  A lot of those snaps, he was being asked to block or at least chip someone who can give him 7" or more in height and 30-100 lbs in weight.

He did not flinch.  He did not blink.  Those aren't stats that show up in fantasy football or record books.

That's one of the reasons Josh loves him.

Singletary is the quiet Motor who keeps the Bills offense moving.  Gilliam is the carburetor

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

The more I watch the Chiefs game the more I come away impressed with Motors overall effort and production. Watch that first half again. The dude is moving piles and getting excellent north south effort. His pass blocking also was solid. He has become a complete back in my opinion and I was so glad Bills passed on CMC and stuck with possibly the most underrated back in the league. 

Singletary is very good in the pin and pull scheme...not sure why they went away from it for the first month when they saw the same thing last year.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Singletary is very good in the pin and pull scheme...not sure why they went away from it for the first month when they saw the same thing last year.

I think it's more that the OL is more successful at opening usable holes for him in the pin and pull scheme.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think it's more that the OL is more successful at opening usable holes for him in the pin and pull scheme.

It's kind of both. Singletary has also missed some holes when they are doing inside zone due to him not finding the proper lanes or hesitating before going.

Edited by Big Turk

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's kind of both. Singletary has also missed some holes when they are doing inside zone due to him not finding the proper lanes or hesitating before going.

It could be a processing or field vision thing, then? Motor certainly took the wrong hole  on that Josh run from the EZ, where if he took the same gap as Josh it could have been a big play.

If there's no choice to be made on gap runs and no decision or vision needed then maybe that works better for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.