Fanbases Most Deserving Of Success

corta765

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

I listed my logic for not listing them, but if I were to they are top 3 all day. If you can move past then all power to you, I can't and won't.

I know you listed your logic, my point is that your logic doesn't make sense. but to each their own....

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Actually the Chargers were from Los Angeles originally. 

It's San Diego that stole them first. 

/wallbash

People forget that before 1970s... Steelers were on the Cardinals fast track to futility. They turned it all around!

Yes Steelers we’re terrible before the terrible towels showed up, but Didnt they turn it around because of extra picks for moving to AFC 🤔

Any team that has a SB era win in their history, no matter how far back, can take a seat and wait for anything else behind those franchises that haven’t. I’m looking at you Jets or Bears, etc. Being able to buy a tshirt that says “SB Champs” on it, no matter the tagline year, is disqualifying for this exercise, imho. 🧐

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I've spent a lot of time in SD this year, as a midwestern native and I fell in love with the place. It's not the California stereotype I was expecting. Loved the vibe, seemed like they could back a sports team. I'm curious what it was like there when the Chargers played. They seem to love the Padres. I'm originally from Detroit area and two things I just can't get over when it comes to running a bad franchise. You had a generational talent in Barry. Then you had a generational talent in Calvin Johnson, with Stafford throwing to him no less and they couldn't do more? That is the depths of depressing. At least during our drought you could say we didn't have the right players. Imagine a team with Stafford and Calvin Johnson and you still can't build enough talent to win? Decent fan base as well.

That said, we are a definitive number one. We have fans across the country born from the early 90's who never got off the wagon. Very few fan bases are as loyal and deserving as Buffalo. It will almost be weird when we finally win one. Oddly, I think as a result of all this we have a lot of the fair weather love the last few years but I will take it. It's great seeing us being somewhat of a media darling after 20+ years of being an afterthought.  

I find it hard to believe that having spent so much time in Detroit that you found San Diego to be nice. (Kidding) 

The lions and the browns being 2 of the oldest teams and not even going to a SB blows my mind. Cleveland losing the browns to Baltimore and watching them win 2 SBs is kinda heartbreaking.  So I kinda will root for both of them. Though it seems like it will never happen.

and the team I don’t want to ever be happy: the Jags. What an irreverent franchise.

On 10/21/2022 at 4:48 PM, Mark Vader said:

NFL: Bills, Chargers, Browns, Lions

MLB: Mariners, Pirates, Rangers, Padres

NHL: Sabres, Sharks, Predators, Wild

NBA: I don't watch, so I don't know.

I watch the NBA often.

Portland be my choice.

16 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

These teams have never made an NBA final:

Los Angeles Clippers, Denver Nuggets, Minnesota Timberwolves, Charlotte Hornets, Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Pelicans.

Did not know this and could not be bothered to look it up, thanks.

Can not argue when a team for the 1st time has a shot at the title.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:21 AM, Irv said:

image.thumb.jpeg.598ef3ce83e508716fe6a2431ddc8fc7.jpeg

The Washington Generals? As in Globetrotter’s patsies?

Talking’ 1st time titles contenders, not 1st game win seekers, though they might have one once.

53 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Did not know this and could not be bothered to look it up, thanks.

Can not argue when a team for the 1st time has a shot at the title.

The Washington Generals? As in Globetrotter’s patsies?

Talking’ 1st time titles contenders, not 1st game win seekers, though they might have one once.

Au contraire hombre de huevo!   3-6 wins!  Look at the picture closely.  Some of these dudes had mis-matched socks. 

From Wikipedia:

Figures vary as to exactly how often the Generals have beaten their rivals. Some reports say six, while the team's official website reports having three victories over the Globetrotters, one each in 1954, 1958 and 1971. The 1971 win is the most storied of these,and is sometimes reported as the team's sole victory.  Playing as the New Jersey Reds, they won 100–99 on January 5, 1971 in Martin, Tennessee, ending their 2,495-game losing streak. Klotz credits the overtime win to a guard named Eddie Mahar, who was team captain.  Harlem's captain, Curly Neal, did not play in this game.  While the Globetrotters were entertaining the crowd that day, they lost track of the game and the score. They found themselves down 12 points with two minutes left to go. Forced to play normal basketball, the Globetrotters rallied but could not recover. The Reds secured their victory when the 50-year-old Klotz hit the winning basket with seconds left. Then Meadowlark Lemon missed a shot that would have given the game back to the Globetrotters. The timekeeper tried to stop the clock but could not. When the final buzzer sounded, the crowd was dumbfounded and disappointed. Klotz described the fans' reaction: "They looked at us like we killed Santa Claus. Some children in the stands cried after the loss.  The Reds celebrated by dousing themselves with orange soda instead of champagne. Lemon was furious, saying, "You lost, I didn't lose", but still visited the opposing team’s locker room to congratulate the Reds.

Edited by Irv
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.